Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 4:34:42 PM EDT
www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=9269

Charles Schumer trying to tar Samuel Alito as a racist because of membership in some club? Don't make me laugh. The fact is that Charles Schumer came to power as a New York State Assemblyman in 1974 by virtue of an overtly racist scheme that he created and sold to a naive neighborhood in Brooklyn, New York. He convinced them that he would use his power to rid their area of black people. And who is my source for this serious accusation? Me.

Then the word went out that there was a plan to evict all the blacks. A local political kingmaker set up a round of meetings with community groups to introduce them to a recent Harvard grad, Charles Schumer, who had fashioned a solution to this nagging problem. Although I was only 16 years old at the time, I was entering Brooklyn College and had long been a confirmed political junkie. Being that young, I was more or less invisible to the adults who were engaged in these momentous matters, so I was able to slip into one of these sessions unhampered.

What Schumer explained to these audiences was as follows. If they elected him to the State Assembly, he would put forth a bill that would create a set of provisions, ostensibly to "help" the underprivileged urban blacks. It would identify those apartment buildings on Ave. K as being in a state of some dilapidation, requiring an extensive facelift and revamping of the apartments. I don't recollect with certainty if ownership would be assumed by the State itself or one of those "community rehabilitation organizations" that served as the instrument of choice for soaking up large sums of government money for the stated purpose of redeveloping slums.

The residents would then all be relocated into government or government-subsidized housing in other areas while the apartments were being renovated. At the end of the process, the individual apartments would be redefined as co-ops or condominiums to be sold to private owners. Although on paper the current tenants would be given priority for the right to purchase the newly upgraded condos, we could be sure that -- ha, ha, ha -- the blacks would not be able to raise the cash required, which would be not inconsiderable.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Best.
Thread title.
Ever.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Best.
Thread title.
Ever.

+1

it really draws the reader in
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh. No shit!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't both current US Senators from NY douchbags?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
...and water is wet....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally, for a Douchebag of his magnatude, I usually use the term "Douche Nozle" - the business end of the Douche Bag.

-K
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#7]
It's no news flash Sodie

But you are correct, I get (insert emotion here) every time I see or hear him speak.

That guy is obvious evil, and I get dumbfounded that the good people of his state
can't see it and stop voting for him.

GM
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe no-one has posted the photo of chuckles with the big shit eating grin firing a TEC-9 yet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/56560883.jpg

Someone needs to photoshop some flames on that copy of the Constitution for us to really understand Chuckie...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I can't believe no-one has posted the photo of chuckles with the big shit eating grin firing a TEC-9 yet.

I actually bought that gun on Chucks recommendation.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually, douchebags have a useful purpose.  Chuckie on the other hand doesn't.  He would be bettered compared to a dingleberry.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#13]
We have a Team member (W-W) here who went to high school with Schumer.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's no news flash Sodie

But you are correct, I get (insert emotion here) every time I see or hear him speak.

That guy is obvious evil, and I get dumbfounded that the good people of his state
can't see it and stop voting for him.

GM

There's a mix of conservatives and liberals in NY state. It's more liberal in most areas. So, that's why Clinton and Schumer got voted in. I don't live in NY state any more, but I always voted for the conservative candidate even if I knew it was going to be land-slide victory for the liberal candidate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top