Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2009 5:39:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Our local China-Mart is usually swamped every day this time of year. Parking is typically very difficult.

This year, you can park wherever you want to, as the lot is never more than 1/3 full. Sometimes it's much less than that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:04:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to the mall Sunday afternoon for some last minute stuff. Looked liked an average weekday inside. The only place that was busy was Bath and Body everything else was empty .But hey as mentioned above i got a good parking spot.

This area didn't even get hit that hard with layoffs.

Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
The TJ Maxx a friend of mine works at had record sales Saturday, over $60K.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Grocery store parking lot was the fullest I've ever seen it last night about 5pm.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Apparently Tucson didn't get the memo.  Stores were packed from Friday-Sunday.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I was able to do all of my Christmas shopping on Sunday morning, hitting 5 seperate stores in 2 hours. I'm sure alot of people were sleeping in, but it was like a ghost town out there. Not what I expected the last weekend shopping day before Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:27:44 AM EDT
[#7]
You should go check out The Rhode Island Mall. I think there are maybe three stores still open in there. The place looks abandoned.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Local area strip Mall and WalMart were packed . Shopping isles  looked like buzzards  flocking to  a dead steer
Shelves in electronics were almost barren . Slow must be a local thing
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#9]
My fiancee and I went shopping on Sunday to finish up our Christmas list. We were going to go Saturday but there was the blizzard. The lady at the local Irish store (two gifts for family members, box of Irish Soda Bread mix because my bread making attempts have been abject failures lately for some reason) said on Saturday she managed to stay open until 1530 when she packed it in. She said she actually had a fair number of people come in, mostly people from the town who walked or people trapped in the hotel across the street. On sunday there were a good amount of people walking around the stores despite the fact the roads were still shit.

On Saturday night there were a good number of people in the bar we went to, but not many people in the restaurant.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Walmart here on Friday & Saturday looked like black friday. Not sure if people were Christmas shopping or stocking up food for the storm that never came
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, but they didn't get two feet of snow, either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but they didn't get two feet of snow, either.

We didn't quite get 2 feet in Richmond, but I went out this afternoon and Downtown Short Pump was pretty crazy for a weekday.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:55:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I made the mistake of going to the Opry Mills mall in Nashville Saturday to get my dad something at Bass Pro - took me a half of an hour just to get off the highway and into the parking lot. The place was packed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I couldn't get near the mall today, the cars were piled up for a mile.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#15]
No problems here. I got stuck in Mall traffic for about an hour and a half over the weekend, busy as hell, and the lots were packed.

Sure helps being in a sales-tax-free state that's right on the border of a state that bleeds their subjects of every spare nickle they've got, then jacks up their own sales-tax to try to fix their spending problems.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I have been out the last few evenings, the mall is so full, there are literally no spaces available.People just driving around aimlessly waiting for a spot to open up. WalMart, Meiyer, Target, Best Buy, strip malls and everywhere else are packed averytime I drive by. I have been wondering what will happen when people really quit spending money like the media tells me they are now. From what I have seen this season, if a store can't make it with the way the economy is now (at least around here in booming Kokomo), then they have extremely greedy expectations and pretty much deserve to fail because of it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate shopping at this time.  The girlfriend just had to go to one specific store last night.  Rather than trying to get into the Century City Mall, I circled the area and picked her up on the curb.  Lots of people out shopping  Not so many on Saturday morning though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]
My wife and I took my son to the Burnsville Center here in Minnesota late Friday afternoon. The mall was busy. Parking was packed. Given the density of malls in the Twin Cities it seems people are out shopping, though I have no way to know if they are spending. Spending doesn't really matter, a nation's wealth comes from producution, not consumption....
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#19]
saturday near my house was a horror show. shoppers all over the place, drivers were insane and almost killed me 4 times while I was driving my invisible full size conversion van.

shops were crowded and money was flowing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top