Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 2:59:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2006 3:04:47 PM EST by The_Camp_Ninja]
I manage a retail pharmacy, and am almost complete with my seasonal trasisiton to Christmas in my store. Actually, though, Christmas has been creeping out in my store for about a month, though. It has been merchandised as giftware and what not, but it is Christmas merchandise. What, as consumers, is the general feeling of the merchandising of Christmas orior to Halloween? Let's not address the concern of Christmas being too commercial or anything else of that nature, that's a different topic. I ask, because while I occasionally receive comments that it is "out too early", I don't receive many like this, and it sells like free beer when it hits the shelves. It seems as if while folks will say they don't like the early merchandising of Christmas related items, their wallets say different.

As for me, I feel it is merchandised too early. But they ship it, I gots ta put it out.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:07:40 PM EST
Anyone that pushs Christmas items before Thanksgiving ought to have a "should we kill 'em" poll in their honor.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:08:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Anyone that pushs Christmas items before Thanksgiving ought to have a "should we kill 'em" poll in their honor.

I think we should kill all turkeys. And then fry them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:22:57 PM EST
Ahem.....It's about the money. Always has been.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:26:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By Will-Rogers:
Ahem.....It's about the money. Always has been.

Well of course it is. And if wallets didn't open up and buy the stuff as soon as it hit the shelves, it wouldn't hit the shelves. Just like stores open on Christmas. I don't think they should be, thus, I will not shop 'em. If I'm outta butter on Christmas day, then I'm out. My store is open Christmas, and we will do 3x the normal daily volume. Accordingly, next year even more stores will be open. And even more people will be saying that we shouldn't be, commented to us as we ring up their purchases.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:27:09 PM EST
Call me a Scrooge, but I don't go in much for holidays and the traditions oft associated with them. In other words, they can get out of my face, take their holiday sales, and stick them up their collective asses.
Top Top