Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2001 11:36:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It is getting about time to do something.

Allowing 2-3 days shipping, add a couple of days because some peoples idea of "right-on-it" is usually different then mine, and the holidays you're now at the 7-8 days wait.

I say on Wednesday afternoon, after your dealer's usual UPS dropoff time, go to the post office and send him a certified-signature required letter stating you'll shortly be getting the police involved if he doesn't come through with the gun or a refund [b]NOW[/b].
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]
ill secomd that, its been a little long, and not replying to emails is a symptom of non-compliance syndrome.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Hold on a few more days.. The mail system is way behind.. It took 16 days for something to come from Vermont to ND.. Give it a couple days.. Then leave a message stating your actions.

later,
    hawkin
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Big Bear, you stated that the guy at the "Shooting Gallery" knows who the seller is.  I'd get at much info on him as possible and keep it on stand by.  You don't have to do anything with the info just yet, but it would give you something to do in the meantime, and may ease your wife's worrying a bit.  As for Vacaville, that name sounds really familiar.  I think I saw that name in some other CCW site.  I think the sheriff there is very pro gun.  I think he has a website.  If things get out of hand, I'd drop the sheriff an email.  As a fellow gun enthusiast, I'm sure he'd help you out with tracking the seller down.  I don't think Vacaville is too big a place.  Anyway, sorry to hear about your troubles.  Happy New Year regardless.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#5]
how did he ship it? us mail, ups or fed ex.?
was it insured? did you get a tracking number?

never ship firearms without insurance and a tracking number.if it was insured and you have a receipt, then you are safe. if not......

Quoted:
I need a little help from you guys. My wife bought me a HS2000 for Christmas, a private sale from a guy on hs2000talk.com. He has over 200-something posts over there.

The seller received payment and a copy of my dealer's FFL and COE, and he was supposed to have shipped it last Friday, Dec 21. I talked to my dealer yesterday and he hasn't received it. It was supposed to be shipped from Vacaville, CA to my dealer's address in Oceanside, CA and according to my dealer, shipping from NorCal to SoCal should be 2-3 days max. It has now been 8 days, less Christmas and Sunday, so make that 6 business days.

The seller has not responded to emails or messages left on his voice mail since yesterday. We have his name, address, and phone number. I tend to think maybe he took a Christmas vacation but my wife is freaking out thinking we got ripped off. It's the first time she ever bought me a gun, and she doesn't have warm and fuzzies about this at all.

Another thing I should add is that the seller said he was going to ship it through The Shooting Gallery in Vacaville, even though he was told he could ship it directly to a FFL for in-state transfer. My wife called The Shooting Gallery this morning and the guy said he knew the seller but he hadn't shipped anything for him.

How much longer would you guys wait and what would you do at this point? I'd get a tracking number if the guy ever returns calls or emails. Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:22:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Happy New Year !
[beer]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Arn't handguns supposed to be sent overnight air??? That'a what UPS regs say.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:51:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Next time get the serial number of the gun first. Your FFL can run your NICS at that point and you can get the firearm once then dealer receives it if it takes more than ten days to get there.

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Big_Bear, I bought a gun 3 weeks ago from a guy in Maine (I live in Florida). I have the ups tracking # and date of shippment. Dec.21.Ups ground is supposed to be 6 days. The estimated day of delivery is .....Jan.4
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds like good news Big_Bear. Cool present from your wife. Great choice for a handgun. You got a good woman there. My wife is cool that way and if it wasn't for my lawyer fees, this x-mas I would have gotten a new pistol too. I hope you get it soon. Good Luck.
View Quote

hey man, when are you going to change MY to PA? i hopefully will be makeing my escape soon.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:59:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats Big Bear!

That is a wonderful woman you have there. This is certainly a great way to start a New Year.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn... I dont see how you people stay in CA.  That is the most screwed up state in the union.

GET OUT.  MOVE TO FREE AMERICA.  It's not that hard.  It's time for the "big one" to come and slide that thing off into the ocean.... and AZ will be the place to be!  (once they get rid of the McCain dude)
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top