Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2001 4:50:00 PM EDT
I asked my wife 3 months ago what she wanted for Christmas - to which she replied that  a Pre-Ban AR would be nice.  I tried to slip the "usefulness" of a post ban in to the conversation, but Juggernaut has educated her too well, and she would only go for a Pre-Ban.  I told her that I'd see what I could do, and she never mentioned it again.

Feeling that I had a few months to get it all together, and since Juggernaut is a pretty good armorer, I purchased 2 preban lowers (hey, why not?) One an Essential (for the wife[^]) and one Eagle (for me[:D]).

The Essential arrived first, and I wasn't too happy with the apparent lack of finish on the lower. So I sent it off to DPMS for Hard Coat Black Anodizing, knowing full well that it may be 2 weeks or 6 months before it's finished.

The Eagle then arrived and I ordered and bought parts on the EE and built the Eagle up into a M4(gery) Flattop, it was lookin' twice nice, too.

I then bought a 20" Govt A2 Pre-Ban upper with Green parts kit on the EE, thinking I was going to set it up on the Essential lower for the big Christmas present.  

As today approached, it was apparent that the Essential wasn't going to make it back from DPMS in time so I had Juggernaut build up the Eagle lower with the 20" Green kit I just received.

I figured that when the Essential arrived, hey, I'd just swap lowers and no one will ever know. Right?

Wrong.

It turns out (thanks Troy) that the upper that I bought was marked as an Eagle ( E MP 5.56 Nato 1/7) and I had put it with an Eagle lower, thus building what amounts to an original 100% Eagle Pre-Ban.

She caught on to the "100%ness" of it and now refuses to let me swap lowers when the Essential gets here.[:|]

The hard part is that I did it to myself....I can't complain too much though, I've got a great wife, a new gun (soon), and another that she'll let me shoot any time I want as well.

Thanks to PDM, and kbperf, the parts were excellent.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Juggernaut%2FPicture%2520190b%2Ejpg[/img]

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
your having a problem with your [B]2 new pre bans[/B]. i feel SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO bad for you. i wish i was having a problem with one of my 2 pre bans. i dont have any prebans [>(] and if i did, if i had the kind of chick that was into prebans, it wouldnt bother me so much

[>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(][>(]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah....It's a drag sometimes, I know. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Well at least your wife asked for a firearm...Mine wanted a new sofa and love seat...Speaking of which, they look very similar to what your wife is sitting on!!!

Pub back,Merlot in colour (Hehehe...English style) and that wonderful smell of leather.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!!!

Edited 'cause I forgot to say: Very nice rifle indeed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I asked my wife 3 months ago what she wanted for Christmas - to which she replied that  a Pre-Ban AR would be nice.  I tried to slip the "usefulness" of a post ban in to the conversation, but Juggernaut has educated her too well, and she would only go for a Pre-Ban.  
She caught on to the "100%ness" of it and now refuses to let me swap lowers when the Essential gets here.[:|]

The hard part is that I did it to myself....I can't complain too much though, I've got a great wife, a new gun (soon), and another that she'll let me shoot any time I want as well.
View Quote

You are truly a lucky soul. You've got a beautiful and gun-oriented wife and daughter AND a pre-ban AR.  What more can a man ask for. Life doesn't get any better.

Merry Christmas and a Happy Years!
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You are truly a lucky soul. You've got a beautiful and gun-oriented wife and daughter AND a pre-ban AR.  What more can a man ask for. Life doesn't get any better.

Merry Christmas and a Happy News!
View Quote

Ummm... you only see the wife and 1 daughter. I have 5 other daughters and 2 sons that you don't see.  Blessed? you said it, beyond words and I'm humbled before my Creator to be so fortunate.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Fortunate? I hope one of you has family money.

Seven kids and a double-barreled penchent for an expensive pasttime spells lots of overhead $$$.

Sounds like you all have some good times. Congrats and Merry Christmas!!

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
8 -
& I work hard[:)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
8 -
& I work hard[:)]
View Quote

Just curious..."FM USA"...why am I drawing a blank as to what "FM" stands for???
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Last time I set up my profile, I errantly clicked on Federated States of Microneisa.  TN is correct, I just haven't changed it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Last time I set up my profile, I errantly clicked on Federated States of Microneisa.  TN is correct, I just haven't changed it.
View Quote

If I had a nickel for everytime I did that!

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Can I borrow that?

Sweet rifle dude.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#14]
The sofa is just OK, The rifle is a tool, but the wife and kids are forever, and increase in value far more than the rifle.  After all who's going to pay my ammo bills in my old age. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Out-foxed by a fox.

Sorry xanadu, but a failure to properly plan is a plan to fail.

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:14:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Out-foxed by a fox.

Sorry xanadu, but a failure to properly plan is a plan to fail.

[:D]

View Quote

Your right, and DPMS just e-mailed me that my Essential lower will be here in a day or two.  "a day late and a dollar short".
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Your right, and DPMS just e-mailed me that my Essential lower will be here in a day or two.  "a day late and a dollar short".
View Quote

Think of it as "marital insurance."

Now you CAN'T Leave her.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Firearms on Christmas Morning..............that just about brings tears of joy to my eyes there Xanadu.

You did good..............and hey, let the wife "think" it is hers..............besides you can always borrow it.

Nice!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Thnks X-kill, BTW i saw your post, the green furinture does make for a nice unit, doesn't it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top