Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2008 1:54:35 PM EDT
Yep, I was watching "A Christmas Story"

I didn't shoot my eye out.  Photo is Lasagna with gravy I made from home-made sausage and build has 7 cheeses.  The Bacardi and hunger got to me, so I didn't take any after oven photos.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Extra points for using the term "gravy"
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is this AM breakfast casserole that has chorizo, eggs, hash browns, cheeze, and green anaheim peppers.  Bloody Marys to start the day of relaxation:

Prime Rib is currently cooking and will be featured with garlic-mashed-dirty potatos...
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I love lasagna.  Actually I can't wait to use my little oven/convection oven my MIL got me for Christmas to make lasagna.  Right now I am making baked chicken in it.  Last night I did scalloped potatoes in it.  The next big thing I am going to make in it is lasagna.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am on season three of my second time through the Sopranos.  That and the fact my wife is from a family with a name ending in a vowel.....

We don't pre-cook the noodles.  The build is dry pasta and it makes it much easier.  It was in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.  The gravy was made with a 1 gallon can of tomato sauce from Costco, $2.50 IIRC, 2 lbs of homemade Italian pork sausage made from a picnic pack (leg) at $0.99 a pound.  We mix eggs with the Ricotta so it is much easier to spread on the stacks.  This one is made from 2 pounds of pasta and is 5 layers.  I used every ounce of the gravy.  

Of course, the leftovers are even better.  I will try to get a shot of a section tomorrow.

Honestly, this stuff is so good, it would be a head scratcher to decide between sex or lasagna.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool lasagna dinner there, and the bb gun in the background!

We had lasagna for our family Christmas dinner tonight.  Wife's homemade one.  

My parents gave me a bb gun just the other day.  I have never had one before.  Hope I don't shoot my eye out.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am on season three of my second time through the Sopranos.  That and the fact my wife is from a family with a name ending in a vowel.....

We don't pre-cook the noodles.  The build is dry pasta and it makes it much easier.  It was in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.  The gravy was made with a 1 gallon can of tomato sauce from Costco, $2.50 IIRC, 2 lbs of homemade Italian pork sausage made from a picnic pack (leg) at $0.99 a pound.  We mix eggs with the Ricotta so it is much easier to spread on the stacks.  This one is made from 2 pounds of pasta and is 5 layers.  I used every ounce of the gravy.  

Of course, the leftovers are even better.  I will try to get a shot of a section tomorrow.

Honestly, this stuff is so good, it would be a head scratcher to decide between sex or lasagna.  

Very Nice! Using sausage is very Sicilian.  I use the Barilla "no-boil pasta" when I make lasagne, more closely resembles fresh pasta than those thick wavy edge things they call lasagne "noodles".

Try a Lasagne Bolognese  sometime, whip up a batch of Ragu Bolognese, layer the pasta with ragu, bechemel and fresh grated parmigiano-reggiano, you will think you've died and gone to Italy !
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My family " gravy" was the sunday gravy that cooked all day with sausage, meatballs, brasciole . Other wise it was marinara or sauce .

Christmas day
moms Pappardelle w/ wild boar ragu

Link Posted: 12/26/2008 2:24:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I read the title as "Christmas Eva Longoria preps" and now I feel cheated.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 2:34:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Man, don't you know that gravy is for biscuits.  

Link Posted: 12/26/2008 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I read the title as "Christmas Eva Longoria preps" and now I feel cheated.

Ha me too, I was like .

I need some sleep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top