Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:17:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 9:36:06 AM EDT by chrism101]
Finally Blew up in their face, Not good for the ROP in this instance

original link

LAGOS, Nigeria - Christian mobs rampaged through a southern Nigerian city Tuesday, burning mosques and killing several people in an outbreak of anti-Muslim violence that followed deadly protests against caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad over the weekend.

Residents and witnesses in the southern, predominantly Christian city of Onitsha said several Muslims with origins in the north were beaten to death by mobs which also burned two mosques there.

"The mosque at the main market has been burnt and I've counted at least six dead bodies on the streets," Izzy Uzor, an Onitsha resident and businessman, told The Associated Press by telephone. "The whole town is in a frenzy and people are running in all directions."

The violence appeared to be in reprisal for anti-Christian violence Saturday in the mostly Muslim northern city of Maiduguri in which thousands of Muslims protesting caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad attacked Christians and burned churches, killing at least 18 people.

Another Onitsha resident, Isotonu Achor, said one badly beaten Muslim man ran into his office from the streets to escape the violence.

"There is blood all over him and I'm scared they'll come for him here. If he doesn't get urgent treatment he will die," Achor said.

Police and government officials were not immediately available for comment.

Nigeria, Africa's most populous country of more than 130 million people, is roughly divided between a predominantly Muslim north and a mainly Christian south. Thousands of people have died in religious violence in Nigeria since 2000.

Saturday's protest over the cartoons of Prophet Muhammad in Maiduguri marked the first violent demonstrations over the issue in Nigeria. Police say at least 18 people, most of them Christians, died, and 30 churches were burned down. The Christian Association of Nigeria said at least 50 people were killed in the violence.

The cartoons, which first appeared in a Danish newspaper in September, have set off sometimes violent protests around the world. One caricature shows Muhammad wearing a bomb-shaped turban with an ignited fuse.

Islam widely holds that representations of Muhammad are banned for fear they could lead to idolatry.

A Danish newspaper first printed the caricatures in September. Other newspapers, mostly in Europe, have reprinted the pictures, asserting their news value and the right to freedom of expression.

IDOLATRY?

i·dol·a·try ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-dl-tr)
n. pl. i·dol·a·tries
Worship of idols.
Blind or excessive devotion to something.

Isnt that what all these are for?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:20:36 AM EDT
I guess 70 times 7 has run out!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:23:05 AM EDT
Good.

What reason did they have to attack Christians there in the first place. You started it.... now eat what you planted.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:01:11 AM EDT
Maybe there is hope for the rest of the world.... other than France.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:03:17 AM EDT
They are always killing each other in Nigeria
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:03:26 AM EDT

Are they SERIOUSLY still using that poster of Osama that has Bert from Sesame Street on it?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:03:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Planerench:
I guess 70 times 7 has run out!

That is about forgiving your brother who asks for your forgiveness.

And turning the other cheek is about insults, not deadly attacks.

Jesus did NOT say that if someone stabs you in one kidney, to give them the other one to stab....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:04:10 AM EDT
link?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:04:45 AM EDT
Keep pushing and eventually you will get shoved back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:05:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Grunteled:
Good.

What reason did they have to attack Christians there in the first place. You started it.... now eat what you planted.

Seems that way.

The most effective response to tons of rioters running around committing wanton violence is to stop them. Not to begin doing the same things yourself.

Still, that is a much harder distinction to make when you feel like you are in a war zone and nobody in the government is prepared to stop it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:05:59 AM EDT
Lets do it here
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:23:41 AM EDT
It just slays me that the ROP goes around killing and burning because of cartoons. Dont make fun of us or we will kill you! I wish they would try that shit here, anybody else notice that nothing like this shit has ever happened here? Is it because the last thing in the world the mullahs want is to enrage the American people to so that we overwhelmingly support the War on Terroism?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:24:36 AM EDT
Hopefully they will use the hammer of dead.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:26:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

Good.

Seems that way.

The most effective response to tons of rioters running around committing wanton violence is to stop them. Not to begin doing the same things yourself.

Still, that is a much harder distinction to make when you feel like you are in a war zone and nobody in the government is prepared to stop it.

There has been violence between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria for decades. This is just the latest excuse for the muslims to attack the christians, and for the christians finally getting sick of it and striking back.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:28:37 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Are they SERIOUSLY still using that poster of Osama that has Bert from Sesame Street on it?

You saw Bert is Evil !
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:31:04 AM EDT

There has been violence between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria for decades. This is just the latest excuse for the muslims to attack the christians, and for the christians finally getting sick of it and striking back.

It really isn't surprising. Christian minorities in lots of countries have been suffering violence and persecution for many years and nobody seems to pay much attention to it. Sooner or later even Christian people are going to get fed up and respond with violence themselves.

Can't blame them for trying to defend themselves and restore order, but they won't accomplish that by rioting.

Still, it can seem to them as if the muzzy crowds are given free passes by the .gov so they must respond or be slaughtered.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:34:07 AM EDT

]

lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:36:23 AM EDT

It really isn't surprising. Christian minorities in lots of countries have been suffering violence and persecution for many years and nobody seems to pay much attention to it. Sooner or later even Christian people are going to get fed up and respond with violence themselves.

Can't blame them for trying to defend themselves and restore order, but they won't accomplish that by rioting.

Still, it can seem to them as if the muzzy crowds are given free passes by the .gov so they must respond or be slaughtered.

I'm not saying that the rioting itself is good, but to simply allow another group to target you and destroy your property and kill your people will just lead to further attacks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:49:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 10:43:32 AM EDT by chrism101]

Originally Posted By Spade:

]

lol

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:02:19 AM EDT

I'm not saying that the rioting itself is good, but to simply allow another group to target you and destroy your property and kill your people will just lead to further attacks.

I totally agree.

Something has to be done, even if this isn't the ideal something.

It is a war zone in some of these places, and if you don't show some signs of life as the radical nutcases define such things, you might well end up with worse problems.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:10:11 AM EDT
There is a lot to be learned from Mother Africa.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:11:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dance:
There is a lot to be learned from Mother Africa.

Namely:

DON'T BE LIKE MOTHER AFRICA.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:17:43 AM EDT

I swear, I'm beginning to worry about Bert now!

What do these folks know about this Sesame Street character that we don't?

Hmmm?

Eric The(AndWhatHappenedToErnie?BertTakeHimOutInSo­meJihad?)Hun
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:20:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 10:41:42 AM EDT by A-nus]

THEY ARE!!!!!!!!

look just to the right of Oassholes head just behind his ear is EVIL BERT

www.snopes.com/rumors/bert.htm
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:21:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:

Hmmm?

Bert is a communist subversive!!!

Everybody knows that!
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:22:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:

Hmmm?

Bert is a communist subversive!!!

Everybody knows that!

DOH !!!

I seriously have to get off the computer and get some work done. Only problem is, my work is on my cpmputer, and the tempting arfcom black hole of productivity is only a mouse-click away.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:27:59 AM EDT

DOH !!!

I seriously have to get off the computer and get some work done. Only problem is, my work is on my cpmputer, and the tempting arfcom black hole of productivity is only a mouse-click away.

I know the feeling.

I have a program review of DHS First Responder grant use in Virginia to write. But ARFCOM is too hard to stay away from.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:39:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chrism101:
- Christian mobs rampaged through a southern Nigerian city Tuesday, burning mosques and killing several people in an outbreak of anti-Muslim violence that followed deadly protests against caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad over the weekend.

Just can't let this "pet pieve" go by without comment.

As usual, the liberal media classifies people into these two groups, i.e., Muslims and "Christians". These people are not Christians.

A Christian is defined as "Someone that follows the teachings of Jesus Christ".

Jesus did not teach us to kill those that we disagree with and burn their heathern mosques. Instead He said, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you..." (Matthew 5:44).

As we have said many, many times, anyone can say "I am a Christian." But the proof is simply this: Do they follow His teachings.

These rioters do not.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:44:20 AM EDT
Just great. I'm due to rotate back to Nigeria in a week and we fly into Lagos.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:51:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Old_Painless:

- Christian mobs rampaged through a southern Nigerian city Tuesday, burning mosques and killing several people in an outbreak of anti-Muslim violence that followed deadly protests against caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad over the weekend.

As usual, the liberal media classifies people into these two groups, i.e., Muslims and "Christians". These people are not Christians.

Jesus did not teach us to kill those that we disagree with and burn their heathern mosques. Instead He said, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you..." (Matthew 5:44).

As we have said many, many times, anyone can say "I am a Christian." But the proof is simply this: Do they follow His teachings.

These rioters do not.

Doesn't the Bible also mention an eye for an eye?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:58:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By joker581:

These rioters do not.

That is the old testament. Most Christian principles come from the new testament.

While I partially agree with OP on this one, I have to disagree also. When your churches are burned down and your family/fellow Christians are being killed because of there faith, I do not believe it is un Christian like to take up arms in defense. Although I will never agree with the burning down of Mosque's.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:06:11 AM EDT
This was all caused by Evil Bert.

(btw love the Snopes link!)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:11:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fiend:
While I partially agree with OP on this one, I have to disagree also. When your churches are burned down and your family/fellow Christians are being killed because of there faith, I do not believe it is un Christian like to take up arms in defense. Although I will never agree with the burning down of Mosque's.

We do not disagree.

Christians have every right to "defend" themselves or their families, if they are being attacked.

But burning down mosques and murdering random Muslims is not "defending" yourself.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:16:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:17:42 AM EDT

But burning down mosques and murdering random Muslims is not "defending" yourself.

sorry to say it, but the Christians just seem to be giving back a taste of their own medicine to the Muslims
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:20:16 AM EDT
But doesn't the Bible teach turning the other cheek? That "eye for an eye" is just Old Testament stuff right?

Murder is still Murder.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:29:00 AM EDT
Turn the other cheek while performing a spinning back kick to the head.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:32:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 11:33:08 AM EDT by 20iner]

These rioters do not.

Is it not possible that they are infact Christians (by your definition) but just did something "unChristian-like"?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:45:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fiend:

We do not disagree.

Christians have every right to "defend" themselves or their families, if they are being attacked.

They are just being proactive in defending themselves. If they have a moral quandry or feel remorse, they can ask for forgiveness.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:02:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 12:03:42 PM EDT by chrism101]
What Part of this:

Saturday's protest over the cartoons of Prophet Muhammad in Maiduguri marked the first violent demonstrations over the issue in Nigeria. Police say at least 18 people, most of them Christians, died, and 30 churches were burned down. The Christian Association of Nigeria said at least 50 people were killed in the violence.

Do you read that and not think that these defenses against having their christianity and beliefs destroyed enmasse are not a part of being Christian?

Its Christian Self Preservation.

When they have destroyed it all, in the name of allah are you just gonna "throw on the towel" and say Im muslim now not Christian. If you can preserve your faith whether the churches themselves or your own life by some type of un-Christian like action and then there is still an opportunity to be forgiven. Why Wouldn't You?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:03:41 PM EDT

Is it not possible that they are infact Christians (by your definition) but just did something "unChristian-like"?

shhh. You'll fuck up one of the best excuses.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:07:05 PM EDT

no shit!

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:08:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By joker581:

Yes, and Jesus says that isn't His way.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:00:17 AM EDT
Go Nigeria. I am tickeld pink to see some of the scum get fed thier own medicine.
Top Top