Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2004 10:11:05 AM EDT
Christians are being killed the world over in the name of "jihad" ....waiting to hear the outrage on  cnn-JAZZERA...will the world wake up soon?????

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-nigeria-violence,0,7625724.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Christians are being killed the world over in the name of "jihad" ....waiting to hear the outrage on  cnn-JAZZERA...will the world wake up soon?????

www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-nigeria-violence,0,7625724.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a Holy war to me!

Looks like sh!t!
Smells like sh!t!
Must be sh!t!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Where have the cameras been the last six years while Christians have been nearly completely exterminated in many countries on the continent of Africa?

The truth is it’s too late for most Christians to fight back. The world made it illegal to sell arms to those on both sides of this culture war and the Muslims did not obey the laws.

Everyone seems to think Rwanda was the only country in Africa where people where slaughtered but the truth is quite different. Nearly every Christian in sub-Saharan Africa has been brutally murdered in the last six years. More Christians have been killed in the last 6 years than where killed in WWII concentration camps and no one cared to report it and no nation lifted a finger to stop it.    
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Already the story is being spun to paint Christians in as bad a light as possible.

80 to 280 people killed.  "Ethnic Tarok militants [my emphasis]" who are members of "gunmen from a largely Christian tribe".

Of course, we have the obligatory reports of brutality and evil...
"badly burned corpse" - Didn't we see some of those a week or two ago?
"several mosques and hundreds, possibly thousands of homes and vehicles" burned.
Waziri Lawal, a 37-year-old farmer - who of course had NOTHING to do with any of this.
Sanusi Yusuf, a 40-year-old cattle dealer (different kind of farmer) - who of course had NOTHING to do with any of this, and neither did his brother.  They were just minding their own business, wasn't hurting nobody, when these Christians came over the hill and started shooting at us for no good reason....
"shoot at anyone who ventured onto the street"
"Thousands of residents fled carrying whatever few personal belongings they could. Thousands more were huddling together Wednesday, waiting to be evacuated in government trucks taking them to relative safety of the regional cities of Bauchi and Lafia."  It's the Christian Hordes - take that, Attila.
And they're baby-killers, too.

One little detail...
the attack happened a week after Muslims reportedly launched an assault on the Tarok village of Kawo, burning churches and inflicting an unknown number of casualties.
But it's not that important, so it can be buried at the end of the report..

Where's last week's report of a Muslim militia burning churches and killing people?  Every Google hit I get refers to this story.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#5]
This is indeed a holy war.  

We get the Crusades thrown in our faces, but the Crusades were in response to the jihad.

It took the Spanish 800 years of warfare to finally drive out the islamic invaders.

Following the March 11 train bombings in Spain a Muslim stated, "We want our beloved Andelusia back."

They are in this for the long haul.  We have to be in it longer.

I'll not go out and start a fight, but if they bring it to me...  Wait- they did!  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Although motives were unclear, the attack happened a week after Muslims reportedly launched an assault on the Tarok village of Kawo, burning churches and inflicting an unknown number of casualties

sounds pretty clear to me...its called self defence

"those christians should just let themselves be killed by the muslim's,...it would be nicer of them,and more P.C."
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Fu*ken SPAIN....what ever happened to "ST.James the MOOR-SLAYER"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3680331.stm

pussies....
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#8]
El Cid!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually I have been following this for the last few weeks and it seems that a tribe of Muslims who are mostly Nomads who raise cattle have attacked dozens of compounds/communes of a mostly Christian tribe (The Tarok) who mainly farm. Up until now the Muslims have had it all their way.

Its my hope that Christians in Nigeria will obtain enough weapons and support to not only survive but to win the coming conflict.

Nigeria currently has the largest population of Christians left in Africa. When called upon they will fight and they will fight well if they have weapons to fight with.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Some day it will be here. And we are already well armed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Get some!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#12]
"I ran to the north, but there was no way. I ran the other way, no way. Then I saw my brother fall down. God is great," Yusuf said.

His God doesn't sound so "great" to me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Is this what you all are trying to express?

romeo
alpha
hotel
oscar
whiskey
alpha
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]
The problem is that Christianity is a weak religion.  It's also a middle eastern religion.  It's hard for Europeans to culturally relate to the religion and as such has made us weak in the face of Islam.  Perhaps, dropping christianity and picking out some other phoney religion which is more European in nature would be a good idea.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is this what you all are trying to express?

romeo
alpha
hotel
oscar
whiskey
alpha

Well, at least I learned something from him this time.  (Had to Google to learn what this term meant).  And it's not that we're trying to express it; it's rather that it's being expressed against us.

[yoda]Twice in one day, have I responded to Imbroglio.[/yoda]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The problem is that Christianity is a weak religion.  It's also a middle eastern religion.  It's hard for Europeans to culturally relate to the religion and as such has made us weak in the face of Islam.  Perhaps, dropping christianity and picking out some other phoney religion which is more European in nature would be a good idea.

I think part of the problem is the perception that Christians should sit by passively while we are attacked.  While I won't be an aggressor, I would be negligent to not defend my family.

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. (Luke 22:36)
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You're not makin' any sense.

Christianity, the "weak" religion, survived and thrived under everything the Roman Empire could throw at it.  "Weak" is not the word I'd use there.

SteyrAUG, DriftPunch - he's clearly on your side (for now), but you've got some work to do to get him in shape.

Edit:  What Brohawk said, too.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Christianity is rapidly expanding world-wide.  There were basically no christians in Africa a hundred years ago, and now almost half of the population is christian - 360 million christians.  Christianiny is expanding more rapidly than the Muslim faith.  That is, in part, what pisses the Muslims off; their religion is not competitive.

World religions:
Christianity: 2 billion
Islam: 1.3 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 850 million
Buddhism: 360 million
Chinese traditional religion: 225 million
primal-indigenous: 150 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 95 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 14 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 6 million
Jainism: 4 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 3 million
Tenrikyo: 2.4 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 700 thousand
Scientology: 600 thousand
Zoroastrianism: 150 thousand
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Man, oh man. This is where my wife and I don't see eye to eye. I guess I am the pessimist and she is the optimist. I think she sees the world through rose colored glasses because she honestly doesn't get that people in other parts of the world are (and always have been) being BUTCHERED for having the same beliefs we have.

Part of the problem as I see it, and I am a Christian, is that I think most Christians (at least in this country) want to sit and do nothing but think of heaven. They don't want to get their hands dirty. I honestly think that most would sit and do nothing if pressed, taking a more "Ghandi" like stance. I think most Christians in this country have the mentality that fighting of any nature, whether in defense or not, is not very Christian like. I have several people at church who think I am some type of "militant" rather than a "Christian" because I own guns. When I mention what guns I own, they freak. When I mention I have a CCW and carry, they freak. I think they think if someone breaks in their house or carjacks them, kills the men in their family, rapes the women, takes all their possesions, that it is somehow un-Christian to do anything other than sit there or say "Hey, need some help moving that TV?"

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I think theres a big difference between being a christian even non practioning and a catholic/prodestant/etc.etc..the god of abraham and JC is the same, and he took no shit from anyone...today the catholic church is soft and unrealistic, bending to the power of  the P.C.culture that exists today....hell the pope went to a mosque!!!
if JC were to walk the earth today and see how the pope is living and  leading his people he wouldnt be pleased....

IMOA. the god of the old testament/torah is no joke ...he is helping our boys right now.. to beat the army of satan/allah

can i say that???
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#21]

can i say that???

Yes, and you just did.

All kidding aside, I agree with you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Hmmm, time to sharpen up th efamily sword, load my grandfather's rifle, and go Kick some ass I think......
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Christianity is rapidly expanding world-wide.  There were basically no christians in Africa a hundred years ago, and now almost half of the population is christian - 360 million christians.  Christianiny is expanding more rapidly than the Muslim faith.  That is, in part, what pisses the Muslims off; their religion is not competitive.

World religions:
Christianity: 2 billion
Islam: 1.3 billion
Hinduism: 900 million
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 850 million
Buddhism: 360 million
Chinese traditional religion: 225 million
primal-indigenous: 150 million
African Traditional & Diasporic: 95 million
Sikhism: 23 million
Juche: 19 million
Spiritism: 14 million
Judaism: 14 million
Baha'i: 6 million
Jainism: 4 million
Shinto: 4 million
Cao Dai: 3 million
Tenrikyo: 2.4 million
Neo-Paganism: 1 million
Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
Rastafarianism: 700 thousand
Scientology: 600 thousand
Zoroastrianism: 150 thousand

Convert to Judeaism and get a FREE toaster!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 9:03:38 PM EDT
[#24]
My dad worked at the African Christian Hospital (North of Lagos, in nigeria) in 1979.

My soon-to-be-wife worked there in 2002.

When I graduate from medical school in 3 years,
there is no way in hell I'm going there
Unless I can bring or legally acquire a rifle and sidearm.

The violence there gets more out of control every day.  Even when my fiancee was there in '02, she said as she drove north from Lagos to ACH, there were bodies burning on the side of the road
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#25]
The Islamic fundamentalists are threatened by our secular way of life, not Christianity. Six days a week most people act like atheists. Act, not always think, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top