Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/10/2005 1:16:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 1:19:48 PM EDT by motown_steve]
Do you believe that we are standing on the threshold of the fulfillment of the prophecies in Daniel, Matthew 24 and Revelation?

Is the emergance of the anti-christ, the one world government, the one world religion, the massacre of Christians, peace treaty with Isreal, battle of Armagedon, and second coming of Jesus Christ right around the corner?

What do you think of the election of the new Palestinian Prime Minister, and his willingness to negotiate with Isreal?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:17:45 PM EDT
No.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:18:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:18:46 PM EDT
Nope, this is merely history repeating itself.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:18:47 PM EDT
NO
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:18:49 PM EDT
No
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:20:02 PM EDT
I personally believe we are 'near the end'.

However, 'near' could mean 10 seconds, or 10000 years.

It's not for me to decide, or worry about.

he said He was coming quickly. I know He did not lie.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:20:13 PM EDT
YES
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:21:14 PM EDT
I believe that the apocalypse isn't inevitable at a certain point in time, but inevitable when man has fallen into darkness.

I believe that we have been on the brink countless times but due to the faith and courage of one men or thousands we have averted it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:22:52 PM EDT
Is it the end or just the beginning.   Depends on where you stand I guess.

Why worry about it?   If you are living right now,  you have nothing to fear.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:25:26 PM EDT
Hell yeah.  Didn't you see that iceberg thread.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:26:13 PM EDT
I think the Good Lord is going to let us stew in our own juices for a little while longer.... just to get the point across.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:31:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 1:34:31 PM EDT by EricTheHun]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:36:57 PM EDT
Very good post, i'll agree...the time is certainly close!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:41:30 PM EDT
Well I hope so.

Living in CA, I think I'm closer to the end than all of you.

Come Lord Jesus!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:48:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By arowneragain:
I personally believe we are 'near the end'.

However, 'near' could mean 10 seconds, or 10000 years.

It's not for me to decide, or worry about.

he said He was coming quickly. I know He did not lie.

Well put, I'll slap a +1 on this and call it a post.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:50:13 PM EDT
Anyone here think they know what the "Mark of the Beast" is?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:50:38 PM EDT
What do y'all think of the tooth fairy only leaving 25 cents?
Is this a sign of the end comin?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:50:50 PM EDT
You guys keep hoping for immediate gratifcation. Well, tough, nobody goes anywhere until we get it right.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:51:16 PM EDT
i hope so. i think armageddon will be like totally cool!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:52:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4-CQBR:

www.adsx.com/prodservpart/verichip.html
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:53:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

www.adsx.com/prodservpart/verichip.html

My cat has one of those.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:53:55 PM EDT

Three sixes...

It has to be attached IIRC and eventually will indicate that you've denied God.

How it is done remains to be seen. But any gov't or world gov't attempt to microchip or tattoo (or whatever) anything on the masses would constitute, to me, the mark.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:55:35 PM EDT

SS#
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:55:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By macman37:

Three sixes...

How it is done remains to be seen. But any gov't or world gov't attempt to microchip or tattoo (or whatever) anything on the masses would constitute, to me, the mark.

.....and when that happens to me and my family it is because I ran out of bullets.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:58:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

Originally Posted By macman37:

Three sixes...

.....and when that happens to me and my family it is because I ran out of bullets.

Ditto

BTW I would think you'd have to accept the mark in order for it to be used against you... But man do I not want to be around when such a scheme happens. I would think that the scenarios posited in the "Left Behind" series are pretty much a kid's fantasy compared to how cruddy it would really get.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:59:46 PM EDT
The temple in Jerusalem needs to be rebuilt, IMO.  If you look, half-way into the trib. (3 1/2 years) the Jews are in the temple and already sacrificing like its a normal thing to do.  If you ask me, I do not think the temple can be rebuilt in 3 1/2 years and they start sacrificing in that short of time period.  The temple will take a long time to build, I think.  Its a HUGE structure...

Not only this, but the current situation would not allow for a peaceful rebuild of the temple (Palestinians are claiming half of it as a mosque aka dome of the rock, their holiest shrine) nor would they allow sacrifices.  Time is near?  Doubt it.  When there is a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians and it actually HOLDS, yeah...then Ill be the first to say 'hold on tight!'
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:01:21 PM EDT
Yes, very near.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:02:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Headlice:
The temple in Jerusalem needs to be rebuilt, IMO.  If you look, half-way into the trib. (3 1/2 years) the Jews are in the temple and already sacrificing like its a normal thing to do.  If you ask me, I do not think the temple can be rebuilt in 3 1/2 years and they start sacrificing in that short of time period.  The temple will take a long time to build, I think.  Its a HUGE structure...

Not only this, but the current situation would not allow for a peaceful rebuild of the temple (Palestinians are claiming half of it as a mosque aka dome of the rock, their holiest shrine) nor would they allow sacrifices.  Time is near?  Doubt it.  When there is a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians and it actually HOLDS, yeah...then Ill be the first to say 'hold on tight!'

I'm probably showin my ignorance here but why would peace between them be bad?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:11:17 PM EDT

Read Revelations really well and with an open mind. I could be wrong, and probably am (and it doesn't matter), but after reading it last week, I got the funny feeling that America is the "prostitute" that will be wiped out before the Anti-Christ comes to power. It talks about a country, who is wiped out and all the world is in shock. I believe that will be us. And I also believe, China will be the one to do it.

At least, that's my take "this" week. Doesn't matter though, cause if you are saved, you have nothing to worry about. And as Andy Griggs song goes, "I am not afraid to die". And I'm not. In fact, I look forward to meeting my savior in person. I don't wish my life away and I want to be around for my kids and grandkids when I have them, and I believe life is a present given to us and to just throw it away is a sign of disrepect for being given this gift, but I am not afraid to die. I know where I am going and I won't cry for having to leave this world. Only for the love and companionship of the people I will leave behind.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:11:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:13:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bgcc11:

According to the book of Daniel, the peace treaty between Isreal and "the prince to come" only lasts for 3 1/2 years. This is followed by the period known as "The Great Tribulation". According to Matthew 24, this includes a massacre of Jews in "Judea" (the West Bank), the persecution and execution of everyon who does not adhere to the new global religion, and a series natural disasters of unfathomable proportions. It all culminates in a battle in Isreal in the valley of Armagedon, during which Jesus Christ returns to earth and destroys the armies of the world.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:13:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:15:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:

Originally Posted By lippo:
Read Revelations really well and with an open mind. I could be wrong, and probably am (and it doesn't matter), but after reading it last week, I got the funny feeling that America is the "prostitute" that will be wiped out before the Anti-Christ comes to power. It talks about a country, who is wiped out and all the world is in shock. I believe that will be us. And I also believe, China will be the one to do it.

At least, that's my take "this" week. Doesn't matter though, cause if you are saved, you have nothing to worry about. And as Andy Griggs song goes, "I am not afraid to die". And I'm not. In fact, I look forward to meeting my savior in person. I don't wish my life away and I want to be around for my kids and grandkids when I have them, and I believe life is a present given to us and to just throw it away is a sign of disrepect for being given this gift, but I am not afraid to die. I know where I am going and I won't cry for having to leave this world. Only for the love and companionship of the people I will leave behind.

Naw!

The European Union will be the 'harlot' that rides the beast!

Isn't it odd that one of the symbols of this union is an image of Europa riding Zeus, who is disguised as a beast (bull, in this case)!

Talk about scary stuff!

Eric The(Erudite)Hun

I've heard that the harlot is the Roman Catholic Church, and that the beast was the EU.

You never can tell with these things.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 2:18:58 PM EDT by EricTheHun]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:17:14 PM EDT
Tag for later
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:17:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bgcc11:

Check out Daniel, Chapter 9, more particularly Verse 27:

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

The 'he' is the worldly Prince that is to come, that is, the AntiChrist, who will 'confirm' the Old Testament Covenant with the regathered Jews at a rebuilt Temple, and then, in the middle of that 7 year period, break his deal with the Jews to make war against them.

It is a part of the '70 Weeks' Prophecy of Daniel, found in Chapter 9, that indicates Who the Messiah would be, when He would come, and what would happen to Him.

Check it out!

Eric The(Eschatological)Hun  

I will.
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:19:52 PM EDT
No one knows but the Father.

End of prognostication.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:22:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By lippo:

Naw!

The European Union will be the 'harlot' that rides the beast!

Isn't it odd that one of the symbols of this union is an image of Europa riding Zeus, who is disguised as a beast (bull, in this case)!

Talk about scary stuff!

Eric The(Erudite)Hun

Isn't there a bull in front of the New York Stock Exchange?
Maybe capitalism, or more specifically the stock market, is the new global religion.
If so, wouldn't that make "us" the whore riding that bull?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:23:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:29:54 PM EDT
 y'all sound scared.

isn't this what the christians want?

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:31:14 PM EDT
I hope so.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:32:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 2:36:56 PM EDT by lippo]

Revelations

17:9 Here is the mind that hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth:

10 and they are seven kings; the five are fallen, the one is, the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a little while.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, is himself also an eighth, and is of the seven; and he goeth into perdition.

12 And the ten horns that thou sawest are ten kings, who have received no kingdom as yet; but they receive authority as kings, with the beast, for one hour.

13 These have one mind, and they give their power and authority unto the beast.

14 These shall war against the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them, for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings; and they [also shall overcome] that are with him, called and chosen and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the harlot sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest, and the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and shall burn her utterly with fire.

17 For God did put in their hearts to do his mind, and to come to one mind, and to give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God should be accomplished.

18 And the woman whom thou sawest is the great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

18:1 After these things I saw another angel coming down out of heaven, having great authority; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried with a mighty voice, saying, Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, and is become a habitation of demons, and a hold of every unclean spirit, and a hold of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For by the wine of the wrath of her fornication all the nations are fallen; and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth waxed rich by the power of her wantonness.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come forth, my people, out of her, that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues:

5 for her sins have reached even unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Render unto her even as she rendered, and double [unto her] the double according to her works: in the cup which she mingled, mingle unto her double.

7 How much soever she glorified herself, and waxed wanton, so much give her of torment and mourning: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall in no wise see mourning.

8 Therefore in one day shall her plagues come, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire; for strong is the Lord God who judged her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who committed fornication and lived wantonly with her, shall weep and wail over her, when they look upon the smoke of her burning,

10 standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Woe, woe, the great city, Babylon, the strong city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn over her, for no man buyeth their merchandise any more;

12 merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stone, and pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet; and all thyine wood, and every vessel of ivory, and every vessel made of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble;

13 and cinnamon, and spice, and incense, and ointment, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and cattle, and sheep; and [merchandise] of horses and chariots and slaves; and souls of men.

14 And the fruits which thy soul lusted after are gone from thee, and all things that were dainty and sumptuous are perished from thee, and [men] shall find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, who were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and mourning;

16 saying, Woe, woe, the great city, she that was arrayed in fine linen and purple and scarlet, and decked with gold and precious stone and pearl!

17 for in an hour so great riches is made desolate. And every shipmaster, and every one that saileth any wither, and mariners, and as many as gain their living by sea, stood afar off,

18 and cried out as they looked upon the smoke of her burning, saying, What [city] is like the great city?

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and mourning, saying, Woe, woe, the great city, wherein all that had their ships in the sea were made rich by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye saints, and ye apostles, and ye prophets; for God hath judged your judgment on her.

21 And a strong angel took up a stone as it were a great millstone and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with a mighty fall shall Babylon, the great city, be cast down, and shall be found no more at all.

22 And the voice of harpers and minstrels and flute-players and trumpeters shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft, shall be found any more at all in thee; and the voice of a mill shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 and the light of a lamp shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the princes of the earth; for with thy sorcery were all the nations deceived.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that have been slain upon the earth.

I just got the feeling that this was the USA.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:33:29 PM EDT

www.centralbaptistmckinney.org/images/endtimes/derspiegelcover.jpg

And a phone card:

www.centralbaptistmckinney.org/images/endtimes/phonecard.jpg

Neat, eh?

And in German!

Whoa!

Eric The(Esoteric)Hun

no that's fucking creepy

va22FU
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:37:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2005 2:38:25 PM EDT by ghengiskhabb]
Yes. Well, we are preparing for the ressurection and the wedding supper of the lamb and not the end of the world. I believe this because Isreal is a nation for starters but I also believe in the historicist view of the book of Revelation and I believe we are around this point in the prophecy:

16:12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates and dried up its water to prepare the way for the kings from the east.

This is the death of the Ottoman empire.

16:13 Then I saw three unclean spirits that looked like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
16:14 For they are the spirits of the demons performing signs who go out to the kings of the earth to bring them together for the battle that will take place on the great day of God, the All-Powerful.

This is the French Revolution - hence frogs, and it is culminating with the EU.

16:15 (Look! I will come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays alert and does not lose his clothes so that he will not have to walk around naked and his shameful condition be seen.)
16:16 Now the spirits gathered the kings and their armies to the place that is called Armageddon in Hebrew.

The big battle is next, and lo and behold we have an army already there.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:40:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

Do you believe that we are standing on the threshold of the fulfillment of the prophecies  

Don't know .... I never got the e-mail on it I guess .
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:42:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:42:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
YES

Of course we are!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:43:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:
....... nobody goes anywhere until we get it right.

"We" can NEVER get it right!

GOD can, we can't!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:44:18 PM EDT
The end's been coming for a long time. Besides, didn't Jesus say not to speculate on the time of his return, because no man would ever know the time? That if anyone said he was returning, it was a sure sign that he was not, because he would return when he was least expected?

That said, I better get raptured soon, 'cause I'll be darned if I'm occupying sod till the Last Trump.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:50:29 PM EDT
Those two ladies that come to my door once a month and wake me up (I work nights)and recite the bible to me seem to think it is...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top