Let's compare and contrast the Beatitudes with the Nine Satanic Statements.
The Nine Satanic Statements
from The Satanic Bible, ©1969
by Anton Szandor LaVey
1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
1And seeing the multitudes, He went up on a mountain, and when He was seated His disciples came to Him. 2Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:
3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
For they shall be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
For they shall inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
For they shall obtain mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
For they shall see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
For they shall be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11"Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
So, how do those who follow Jesus compare with those who follow Satan, and how do they contrast? Is there any middle ground between the two? How do the disciples of Satan divide themselves from the disciples of Jesus Christ?
Extra credit if you can identify which one you are.
Satans true disciples are in the pulpits of most Churches and are hard to tell apart. Many have long histories and education within the church they represent. The kids runing around painting pentagrams on wals are more like immature fools than anything else. Satan is probably more irritated with their antics tif anything. Satan is an imitator. He has disciples everywhere and he speads his own version of the gospel. Having folks running around openly saying tyhey worship Satan is pretty pointless for a being that wants to be worshipped as God. He is quite abit smarter than that. He seeks to sit in Gods places and be worshipped as Him.
here is an example of the Gospel According to Satan.
FWIW, I've always considered formal/intentional "devil worship" to be a big joke. It's certainly not much of a threat to God or his believers. The greater risk is false doctrine creeping into to the worship of God. Remember, one of the first places Jesus is recorded casting out an evil spirit was in the synagoge (Mar 1:21-27).
2Co 11: 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
afaik, "Satanists" don't actually believe in a "real" devil like christians believe in a real "GOD". He is just a representation to them
Would you mind citing the source when you post something like this? It makes it easier for curious folk like me to find more of the source's statments.
Hmmm . . . . interesting, and ironic. I'm always surprised when I run into Christians who don't believe in an entity devil. Oh well, at least both sides know there is a God:
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Sure, sorry about that.
Actually, most "Satanists" tend to be atheists with a specific doctrine of life. "Satanism", as presented by Anton Levey is more like secular humanism; however, instead of believing that man is inherently good, they believe that man is nothing more than a beast, and as such, it is okay to indulge in "beastly" desires.