Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2007 12:38:10 PM EST
Okay guys, im not married but I have a few things I have learned from my relationships. Give me some spirit-led advice on these things please.

1. Marry your best friend of the opposite sex, preferably best friend period.
2. Make sure you tell each other EVERYTHING.
3. Make effort to be joined in Faith (praying together, going to church together,
bible study together)
4. Make sure your priorities are right. GOD-Significant Other-Other people-you
5. You are her "spiritual covering" act like it.
6. You have become "one spirit" act like it.

I look at the Bible and everythign it says about marriage and then I look at what the world shows marriage to be. Im disappointed. Im currently in an absolutley amazing relationship that is more than I ever hoped it would be or asked for GOD to make it. As I look at marriages though I see a lot of dissatisfied people. To me that isn't right. When I have followed the above guidelines my relationship has been absolutley amazing, when I haven't I have paid the consequences, especially when I have gotten #2 and #4 out of order. Talk to me about this guys.
Link Posted: 6/19/2007 1:27:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/19/2007 1:29:47 PM EST by HardShell]
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 6:49:24 AM EST
I really support Hardshell's citation.

For many couples faith is a factor in either uniting them or dividing them. There are a few exceptions.

The more beliefs you have in common, the fewer the stumbling blocks you will encounter later on.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 6:53:44 AM EST
That sounds about right. However, even in the spiritually best of times my wife and I find it hard to pray together a lot. We each pray frequently and one of us will occasionally lead the other in prayer, but I guess our styles of prayer (?) aren't always in sync. Don't be alarmed if you can't sit down with your wife for 30 minutes a night, hold hands and go back and forth praying together. My opinion is that it doesn't work that way for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/20/2007 10:03:57 AM EST
Great replies guys! I also really like that passage in Ephesians and am glad it got quoted in context, instead of being cited in stand alone form that is so often done.
Top Top