Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 7:21:33 PM EDT
I have bought a Super Black Eagle II. I will intend to use it for bird hunting (dove, waterfowl, and turkey).  I was looking at the choke tubes that come with the gun and it says 'NO STEEL SHOT'  on the tighter chokes.

1. Why is this?
2. Where/What should I purchase so that I can shoot steel through? (particularly full or extra full)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
After market chokes are available. For the price of that shotgun........if it says no steel, don't shoot steel!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Look into Briley Extended chokes for your shotgun.  They're spendy, but they're all I used.  

The No Steel is simply because the chokes aren't made of the proper materials to shoot steel through them (which is much harder than lead and tends to damage weaker metal).
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
U can shoot hevi shot and bismuth shot though. I like hevi shot 10X better than shitty steel anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
U can shoot hevi shot and bismuth shot though. I like hevi shot 10X better than shitty steel anyway.

Yes, this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top