Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/4/2012 8:05:34 AM EDT

Even if your child can't tell you either way.  Do you assume they'd rather die?
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/shock-vid-mother-wants-to-euthanize-severely-disabled-adult-children-and-90-of-dr-phils-audience-agrees/

Euthanasia centers anybody?
How many handicapped did Nazi Germany kill?

Now with the implementation of ObamaCare, what slippery slope are we in for in this decaying culture?
The elderly should be getting a little nervous.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Perfectly reasonable conclusion for a Post-Modern culture to reach.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a Star Trek episode......
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Even if your child can't tell you either way.  Do you assume they'd rather die?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/shock-vid-mother-wants-to-euthanize-severely-disabled-adult-children-and-90-of-dr-phils-audience-agrees/

Euthanasia centers anybody?

How many handicapped did Nazi Germany kill?

Now with the implementation of ObamaCare, what slippery slope are we in for in this decaying culture?

GERMAN historians have identified the family whose request to Adolf Hitler that their disabled son be "put to sleep" was the catalyst for the Nazi euthanasia programme.

The five-month-old boy, who was given a lethal drug after Hitler sent his own doctor to examine him, has been named as Gerhard Kretschmar, the son of a farm hand.

The case was to provide the rationale for a secret Nazi decree that led to "mercy killings" of almost 300,000 mentally and physically handicapped people. The Kretschmars wanted their son dead but most of the other children were forcibly taken from their parents to be killed. A few days after Gerhard died in 1939, 15 psychiatrists were summoned to Hitler's Chancellery and told that a secret euthanasia programme - dreamed of by Hitler for more than a decade - was to be put into effect. Until this month, the boy was referred to only as "Case K", the term used by Nazi doctors when the programme was launched and at the subsequent Nuremberg war-crimes trials.

Now, Gerhard's name heads the first comprehensive list of victims of the euthanasia killings, unveiled in Berlin this month as a permanent and chilling reminder of one of Hitler's lesser-known extermination programmes. It was compiled over three years after painstaking research by German government archivists into 740 previously unknown files relating to the euthanasia programme.

The files, originally taken from Hitler's Chancellery, were uncovered in archives of the Stasi, the East German secret police. It was during his trial at Nuremberg that Karl Brandt, Hitler's personal doctor, revealed that an unnamed infant had provided the Nazis with the excuse to embark on creating a master race.

The baby's father, Richard Kretschmar, from the small Saxony town of Pomssen, near Leipzig, had written to Hitler's office in early 1939 asking for permission to kill his blind and deformed son. In his testimony, Dr Brandt said:

"The father of a deformed child wrote to the Fuhrer with a request to be allowed to take the life of this child or this creature. Hitler ordered me to take care of this case. The child had been born blind, seemed to be idiotic, and a leg and parts of the arm were missing."

The boy is believed to have been given luminal in the form of a dissolving tablet, causing unconsciousness and death after three to five days. The drug was later used on other victims of the euthanasia programme. Only a month after the baby's killing, in August 1939, Hitler's Interior Ministry issued the decree ordering the systematic annihilation of mentally and physically disabled children.

The new report contains the most comprehensive analysis yet of Nazi records, including the hundreds of hospitals and clinics that took part in the Third Reich's programme to wipe out the lives of people considered "unworthy of living". It contains names and case details of 200,000 of the programme's estimated 275,000 victims.

Germany's Culture Minister, Christina Weiss, said that the report had been drawn up to confront the truth and "restore some dignity to the victims". As was the case with many other victims, Gerhard Kretschmar's cause of death was recorded not as euthanasia but as "heart failure", according to documents at the church where he was buried.

The euthanasia programme was code-named T4, after its street address in Berlin [Tiergartenstrasse, the site of the Privatkanzlei des Führers run by Philip Bouhler, right], and was responsible for the deaths of up to 8,000 children. By the beginning of 1940, six hospitals had been devoted to "processing" cases. However, the newly discovered records show that it eventually extended to 296 medical facilities in Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic and Poland, in which children and adults were drugged, gassed or starved. Ms Weiss said: "We know that these crimes were meant to be kept secret. The relatives received fake letters of condolence. The doctors in charge worked under false names. This list is an attempt to admit what happened and put the record straight."

© Copyright of Telegraph Group Limited 2003.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]
So how soon before the 0bamaTaxCare T-4 program starts up?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Some of the nicest most genuine people I have met were downs kids and adults. They have nothing to hide and don't know how to deceive. Hell my oldest daughter may be one they want to kill because she is autistic..

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#6]
that's fuckin horrible
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Hospital tried to get my family to kill my mother. Euthanasia is illegal in Texas - but removing feeding tubes and heavy dosages of morphine (to suppress appetite is not (dr said she should pass away in less than a week and it would save us a lot of money.

Well we transphered her to a nursing facility that could deal with her respirator. She fed herself for the next year or so (she was alert, aware, cognitive, talkative-just needed help breathing.

Fwiw we paid the nursing facility in full. All in all it was about 100,000. She was worth more than that.  She went in bitter, not very happy with life, church, or God. She died happy with rosary in her hand - praying for us.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
that's fuckin horrible

That's the fucked up world we live I today.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#9]
She rolled the genetic dice, and she lost. Now, she wants out. Shit, I can't blame her. Who wants a mess like that?

Other people's kids are going to college and becoming doctors. You're breaking out party hats because your kid blinked on command.

Sucks to be you.

But... sorry lady, you can't kill your kids.

You wanted 'em, you got 'em.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
that's fuckin horrible

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's fuckin horrible

Yup

But after the thread on the abortion rates for kids with Downs Syndrome, I think a lot of people on arfcom would be fine with this.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#13]
That is actually consistent with my experience that about 90% of the people I see on a day to day basis seemingly have no clue about things that should actually matter. Of course, that is my opinion...and I understand that on the opposite side of the equation, 90% of people probably think I'm an elitist, arrogant, person.

Oh well....I'll keep being me...and they can continue being ignorant, destructive, and useless.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Wonder how the old farts will think when the percentage of their sons and daughters to off them as needed  are the same?

Time for them to drag the old pistol out of the dresser and hide in under the blanket on their lap. [after they spend every dime the little snits thought they were going to inherit]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#15]
It's getting incredibly easy to become a moral slob.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#16]
We're gaining speed heading down that slippery slope. Years of moral relativism have planted the seed, God help us when it decides to flower.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#17]
"Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes."
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It doesn't surprise me at all. This is the "me" generation; why should anyone be inconvenienced? All they need is a little nudge to clear their conscience that it's probably "for the best of the child".

Yep. And everyone will keep telling themselves "It can't happen here," and "Never again!"

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It doesn't surprise me at all. This is the "me" generation; why should anyone be inconvenienced? All they need is a little nudge to clear their conscience that it's probably "for the best of the child".
Oh please, back in the old days when folks took in their elderly parents... do you really think they didn't go to bed every night wishing that Pepop or Gamma would kick off in their sleep?

They didn't like it. They did it. Today, folks just admit, "This sucks, and I hate it."

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

One of the guys I work with has a daughter, About a month after she was born we were filing into the local Bloodbank donating blood and platelets for her..the docs said that she wouldnt live to six months 12 years later she's still with us, she'll never walk or speak or probably do anything for herself, but I garaun-damn-tee that anyone who tried to harm her would have a whole line of pissed off guys standing in their way, led by her dad and her Big brother.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:17:16 AM EDT
[#22]
It goes against nature to keep a person alive that should be allowed to die.

If my child is damaged from the factory, I shouldn't be forced to keep it.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:25:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Doesn't this imply that the factory itself is defective and that perhaps Steps Should be Taken?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I was going to reply, but thinking it over, I would probably be banned and have an angry mob sent to my house.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep. And everyone will keep telling themselves "It can't happen here," and "Never again!"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/EnthanasiePropaganda.jpg

It did happen here though, Eugenics and forced sterilization here in the good ol' US of A.

Supreme Court agreed with it too must have been a tax.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh please, back in the old days when folks took in their elderly parents... do you really think they didn't go to bed every night wishing that Pepop or Gamma would kick off in their sleep?

They didn't like it. They did it. Today, folks just admit, "This sucks, and I hate it."

Of course they didn't like it, but they did the right thing anyway.

Not today though. Baby going to be a hassle? Abort it. Parents going to be a hassle? Ship 'em to a nursing home. That attitude expands into every facet of our society.

I bet some of them didn't.

Back in the "old days" there weren't sophisticated medical autopsies or any investigation if someone said (while putting the pillow away) that the old person living with them "died peacefully in their sleep"  There was no way (or interest) in tracking or investigating the at-home deaths of old people back in the "old days" - so there's really no way to know how much euthenasia that families just carried out on their own.

By the same token, I am sure there are many parents that killed deformed, disabled or seriously mentally developmentally challenged kids, back in the "old days" - in the privacy of their home, and with no particular questioning or investigation by authorities.  Heck, it's presumably STILL happening today in rural areas of India, China and Africa - so why in the world would we presume it DIDN'T happen in the west back in the "old days" when we weren't as sophisticated, nor had the high standard of living and medical technology that we have today.

Back in those days (and in these days) not too many people can afford the 24/7 care needed by some elderly and seriously mentally handicapped kids.  People did what they had to do.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't this imply that the factory itself is defective and that perhaps Steps Should be Taken?

Nope.  Name any mammal that has perfect offspring every time.  It doesn't happen.
And in nature, offspring with problems are allowed to die.
Forcing the parents to pour resources into something that can never benefit society is illogical.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Back in the "old days" there weren't sophisticated medical autopsies or any investigation if someone said (while putting the pillow away) that the old person living with them "died peacefully in their sleep"  There was no way (or interest) in tracking or investigating the at-home deaths of old people back in the "old days" - so there's really no way to know how much euthenasia that families just carried out on their own.

By the same token, I am sure there are many parents that killed deformed, disabled or seriously mentally developmentally challenged kids, back in the "old days" - in the privacy of their home, and with no particular questioning or investigation by authorities.  Heck, it's presumably STILL happening today in rural areas of India, China and Africa - so why in the world would we presume it DIDN'T happen in the west back in the "old days" when we weren't as sophisticated, nor had the high standard of living and medical technology that we have today.[/div]

This........my mother [County public health] had a file she kept of about 30 deaths of infants that where possiable "mercy" killings. This was in the early 70's in a small rural county in Ohio over a ten year period.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Name any mammal that has perfect offspring every time.  It doesn't happen.
Forcing the parents to pour resources into something that can never benefit society is illogical.

This^  
Let the strong survive.  Why let the weak drag us down, and not contribute to a productive society?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
that's fuckin horrible

+1. I agree.  

Though it hasn't been in the last 150 years or so that people who are not "perfect" were allowed to live.  

American Indians would let the elderly, retarded, disabled die all the time.  Just leave them  and move on.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

But what is damaged?  Profoundly retarded, drooling imbecile?  That's pretty damaged.  

How bout severely retarded, likes to listen to country music?  That's pretty damaged.

How bout moderately retarded, likes to watch cartoons and still believes in Santa Claus?  That's pretty damaged.  

How bout mildly retarded, likes to play games and go to Special Olympics and hang out with his friends. May have a job over at McDonald's (but is actually tax-payer subsidized to employ the handicapped). He really just sucks up resources and contributes nothing to society.  

If someone doesn't want to keep some damaged goods from the factory, maybe the factory should be shut down, don't just throw out the garbage.   Situational ethics allows for anything.  I can think of a lot of people who I believe that if they didn't exist, the world would be a better place––for a variety of reasons, as I'm sure I'm on a lot of lists too (some how or another, being white, being Christian, being American, being male, being heterosexual, being conservative, being whatever), but I don't act on eliminations because I am all those things.  

Our society places values on everything, and now that we are all paying for everyone, when resources become strained, it will be easier to start to make these decisions.  I guess the trick, now that the rule of ethics, morals, and laws, no longer matter, is to be the one's making the decisions, rather than the ones being decided on.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's fuckin horrible

Today?  You think it was EVER different?  Ever hear of the Spartans?  They weren't the exception, they were the standard.  Handicapped babies were killed.  In some cultures, many girl babies were killed (including modern China).
You think the past is some golden age where this shit didn't happen?  New flash...there ain't nothing different now except the advanced communications that let us know every grim detail about everyone rather than pretending this shit never happens.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#35]
At 10 days old my parents were told I'd never walk, talk or do anything of value.

I thank God everyday that my mom decided to do everything she could so that I'd have a positive outcome....and in the case of this thread, I'm really glad she didn't decide to off me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Wish I were able to express surprise.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course they didn't like it, but they did the right thing anyway.

Not today though. Baby going to be a hassle? Abort it. Parents going to be a hassle? Ship 'em to a nursing home. That attitude expands into every facet of our society.

By the same token, I am sure there are many parents that killed deformed, disabled or seriously mentally developmentally challenged kids, back in the "old days" - in the privacy of their home, and with no particular questioning or investigation by authorities.  Heck, it's presumably STILL happening today in rural areas of India, China and Africa - so why in the world would we presume it DIDN'T happen in the west back in the "old days" when we weren't as sophisticated, nor had the high standard of living and medical technology that we have today.

You are correct, back in the old days, death by opium cough medicine overdose was pretty damn common for the invalids. Also, even today smothering someone is extremely difficult to detect by forensic medicine.

Daniel
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

7n6

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that's fuckin horrible

Today?  You think it was EVER different?  Ever hear of the Spartans?  They weren't the exception, they were the standard.  Handicapped babies were killed.  In some cultures, many girl babies were killed (including modern China).

You think the past is some golden age where this shit didn't happen?  New flash...there ain't nothing different now except the advanced communications that let us know every grim detail about everyone rather than pretending this shit never happens.

Preach

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#40]
We like to bitch about how things would be better if we cut off welfare and let nature take its course, how is this different?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:27:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Regular kids are PITAs many times and so are disabled kids.  If you are going to have kids you probably shouldn't care because the outcome is the same.  just my .02.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#42]

As old as parenthood.

Should society pay for these people when their parents cannot and they obviously cannot?

Does arfcom think their should be disability welfare?

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

As old as parenthood.

Should society pay for these people when their parents cannot and they obviously cannot?

Does arfcom think their should be disability welfare?

So in before the hypocrites.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You shouldn't be forced to keep your own child that may be damaged!? Wow!  That's monsterous.

It goes against nature to treat a cancer patient? Nature obviously wants the person dead. Right?

It goes against nature to kill your own child because of some sort of defect. Master race free of defects ideology anyone? Very Naziesque.

Yes, Little Sarah. Daddy got rid of you because you weren't good enough for him. You have a flaw.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hospital tried to get my family to kill my mother. Euthanasia is illegal in Texas - but removing feeding tubes and heavy dosages of morphine (to suppress appetite is not (dr said she should pass away in less than a week and it would save us a lot of money.

Well we transphered her to a nursing facility that could deal with her respirator. She fed herself for the next year or so (she was alert, aware, cognitive, talkative-just needed help breathing.

Fwiw we paid the nursing facility in full. All in all it was about 100,000. She was worth more than that.  She went in bitter, not very happy with life, church, or God. She died happy with rosary in her hand - praying for us.  

Good story. I'm glad you got the extra time with her.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until you've had to look after an elderly person one on a near daily basis, you can't even imagine just how insane they can drive you.  

The three hour grocery store trip going isle by isle just end up with bananas, milk, oranges, and some cookies because EVERYTHING, EVERY DAMN THING is just to expensive. The hour long bank trip to speak to the manager because someone lost their keys to the safety deposit box. Two hours wasted buying a pair of shoes because someone wanted to try on every pair and then start over again when they found the Velcro shoes section.  

This is my life three to four days a week because my mother and her asshole siblings are to lazy to look after their own father. Instead this responsibility has fallen on my wife and I for the past few years. But hey the lazy relatives feel they are "entitled" to his money in exchange for that once a year visit or phone call  if he's lucky.  Sometimes they may even shuffle some grandkids in front of him to hit him up for college money- but the kids don't contact him otherwise. Oh yah, they acknowledge his existence with perhaps one Christmas card and one birthday card if he's lucky.

7n6

ObamaCare Euthanasia Center application:

1. Drive some people insane? Check.
Please come with me. This won't hurt a bit.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, yes.  You started out from the specific (my child) and when pointed out that you might be defective for pumping out defective merchandise, suddenly switch to the general (any mammal every time). I'm thinking maybe society shouldn't have to endure defective people spamming us with their failures.

Or maybe we can have better ethics than stone age savages and/or your average weasel.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Wait a second, after reading the article I am confused, was the question about a more humane way of letting them die other than removing the feeding tube?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shouldn't be forced to keep your own child that may be damaged!? Wow!  That's monsterous.

It goes against nature to treat a cancer patient? Nature obviously wants the person dead. Right?

It goes against nature to kill your own child because of some sort of defect. Master race free of defects ideology anyone? Very Naziesque.

Yes, Little Sarah. Daddy got rid of you because you weren't good enough for him. You have a flaw.

Big +1
Humans are not animals and we don't treat our children like animals. So many people in this world are all about "me, me , me, me". There are tons of children born with massive defects that are happy and contribute to society. The people who think we should terminate these children are the same people contributing to the moral decay of the entire world.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I agree with your first sentence. I can't say I would never support it, but I can't think of a scenario where I would. It would have to be for the benefit of the kid tho. I watched my grandfather live the last year of his life in absolute mental and physical torment. He wanted to die. I wanted him to die also just so he was out of misery. Absolutely awful. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies. The doctors kept him alive way too long. There is a point where the treatment is worse than the ailment.

With that being said, mental disabilities and every physical disability that i can think of do not fall under that same umbrella. It does not stop a person from having a happy life. I believe it's incredibly selfish and disgusting to kill a kid just because you don't want it.  I do support a women's right to abort but I never in a million years could  do it to one of my own.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top