Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/19/2009 9:51:26 AM EDT
What the fuck?  Seriously?  $20 mother fucking dollars for two shit ass burritos?  Plain white rice, some fucking black beans, and some shitty meat...all wrapped up in a tortilla?  I just went to the one that opened by my house...NEVER AGAIN.  All I ever hear about is how Chipotle is God's gift to man and expected some decent food...nope!  

If you haven't been there before and are considering going - don't.  If you go there and happily fork over $10 for a medley of the cheapest fucking ingredients you could possibly put in food (beans, rice, tortilla)...you're a dumbass.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:52:53 AM EDT
8/10 - no MS paint
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:53:36 AM EDT
Moes is better.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:54:12 AM EDT
Home made is better.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:54:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2009 9:56:38 AM EDT by Chokey]
there must be an extra cost into shipping the ingredients to Honduras, because it's <$6 for a burrito here in Ohio

and they are very good
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:54:21 AM EDT
The one by my house runs about $7 for a steak burrito. I thought it was pretty damn good. But I wouldn't pay $10.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:55:07 AM EDT
But, everything is organic. I agree though. Overpriced and meh.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:56:41 AM EDT
Eat American food and you won't have disappointments like this.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:56:42 AM EDT
six-something for a good burrito and I don't have to cook beans, rice, chicken, cut up vegetables for salsa, etc. saving me boatloads of time. very worth the money.

your rant = fail
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:58:19 AM EDT
We just got back from the roach coach.  2 Burritos & 5 tacos (al pastor).................  $14.50.   YUMMMMMMMY!
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:59:25 AM EDT
what do you expect they were majority owned by mcdonalds until recently
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 9:59:49 AM EDT
Never had a $10 from Chipotle, they're always <$8.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:00:05 AM EDT
Go to the "Madre & Padre" type taco shops only.  The ones filled with illegal-looking people.  They will give you a burrito the size of a football for $6.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:00:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
six-something for a good burrito and I don't have to cook beans, rice, chicken, cut up vegetables for salsa, etc. saving me boatloads of time. very worth the money.

your rant = fail

yeah...the only problem with that is its NOT good.

bland, at best
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:00:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2009 10:01:09 AM EDT by Kharn]
Shut your mouth when the men are talking.
And Moe's is better.  But a good burrito's worth it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:00:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2009 10:01:50 AM EDT by dog-meat]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:
Go to the "Madre & Padre" type taco shops only.  The ones filled with illegal-looking people.  They will give you a burrito the size of a football for $6.

All of the employees at the Chipotle here are mexicans.

Of course, if I was in California instead of minnesota and had access to more authentic places I'd do like you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:01:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By evo462:

your rant = fail

bland, at best

Tastes good to me. My only complaint is that they use too much salt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:01:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By snoopaloop:

after tax and what not it was $19 and change
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:01:49 AM EDT
They're a place that serves food better than other fast food places, and quite fast for how many people go through there.  But I won't choose them over a sit down place for sure.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:02:03 AM EDT

Two steak burritos and a small drink is like $16, what the fuck is wrong with the Chipotle you went to?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:02:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2009 10:03:01 AM EDT by Airwolf]
The thing I miss (food wise) about being up here is not having an Alberto's, Jilberto's, Roberto's every other block.  That and Rubio's.  

Only thing that even comes close that we have here is a Qdoboa... and it misses by a mile.  

Every time I make it back to SoCal I end up gorging on that shit until I'm saturated (and cause a brief spike in national toilet paper sales)

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:02:20 AM EDT

Chicken burrito here is $5.95 on the menu.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:02:21 AM EDT
Usually chipotle is around $7-8. And that's for a meal of around 1500 calories. Kinda hard to beat for organic ingredients. I think it's delicious, and I think you're wrong like football bat.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:02:36 AM EDT

your rant = fail

bland, at best

Then that's your fault since you chose the ingredients.

I'm about to go there right now and enjoy the hell out of some barbacoa.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:03:29 AM EDT

Of course, if I was in California instead of minnesota and had access to more authentic places I'd do like you.

my buddy is a manger at Chipotle because he's the only that speaks English and is understandable....

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:03:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Chokey:

there must be an extra cost into shipping the ingredients to Honduras, because it's <$6 for a burrito here in Ohio

and they are very good

+1

We now have Hot Head Burrito in Dayton area, and they are even better (better sauces and better lack beans)

I eat there every Tuesday, and they sell the burrito bowl (everything except the wrap) in half sizes, which are much more "regular person sized" and probably 1000 calories less than a full burrito.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:03:33 AM EDT
For the same $$, we have several authentic sit-down messican places that are much better. All I can say about Chipotle is that the portions are huge, but that's not something I choose a restaurant for.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:03:52 AM EDT
yes it's expensive, but soooo good - i avoid it now because it is really unhealthy for you.

i miss the chips and guac.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:03:54 AM EDT

But the Chipotles around here ARE filled with illegal looking people.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:04:13 AM EDT
how the fuck did you spend $20 on two burritos?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:04:26 AM EDT
lol que?

First, you're claiming the burritos are $10 bucks each?  Not where I am.  They ARE pricey though at about $6.50??!  

Second, the rice is not plain.  You can see that and taste it if you even wanted to be HONEST.  Personally, I love they lime juice they put in it.

Third, what meat did you get?  You know it's "mexican" food right?  Are you expecting filet mignon?  Do you bitch about taco bell having bad meat???  It's mexican food, shouldn't you EXPECT horse or dog meat or something?  But NO, the chicken is good, the steak is good.  You gotta chill out.

Fourth, If you decided to get ONLY rice, beans, and meat, then that's your mistake.  You can get fajita toppings, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, corn, pico, salsas . . . does not increase the price.

Man, it must be hard being you.  Rough life you have there.  The whole world is coming to an end because you didn't like your meal.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:04:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2009 10:06:15 AM EDT by Schadenfreuda]
What the fuck?  Seriously?  $20 mother fucking dollars for two shit ass burritos?  Plain white rice, some fucking black beans, and some shitty meat...all wrapped up in a tortilla?  I just went to the one that opened by my house...NEVER AGAIN.  All I ever hear about is how Chipotle is God's gift to man and expected some decent food...nope!  

If you haven't been there before and are considering going - don't.  If you go there and happily fork over $10 for a medley of the cheapest fucking ingredients you could possibly put in food (beans, rice, tortilla)...you're a dumbass.

$20 for TWO BURRITOS????

Holy fuck, maybe you should go on a fucking diet, those things are huge!

Ok, don't tell me that I was the only person to see that...
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:05:38 AM EDT
Freebirds greater than all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:05:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2009 10:07:56 AM EDT by panda_king]
This thread is very full of fail. I don't know what you're Chipotle is up to (as mentioned before, it could be that pesky little detail of shipping), but Chipotle is fucking delcious and incredibly reasonable.

$6 for a burrito that has never failed to fill me up AND be fucking great? = Win.

And why would you only get rice and beans? What the fuck are you even doing at a chipotle?

Here is what it needs:

Rice

Black beans

Barbacoa

Cheese

Spicy Salsa

Fresh Salsa

Sour Creme

Lettuce

Guacamole

Try that in a burrito and get back to me.

ETA: Yes, the little gehtto places around here (so cal is the heart of mexicanos) are even more delicious and a gret atmosphere, but I go to chipotle for chipotle. Something about it is just a bit different from regular mexican food.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:05:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By swingset:
For the same $$, we have several authentic sit-down messican places that are much better. All I can say about Chipotle is that the portions are huge, but that's not something I choose a restaurant for.

yeah, theyre huge because theyre full of sheap filler, kind of like off brand dog food
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:05:56 AM EDT
I wish we had Chipotle out here, all we have is lame-ass Qdoba.  Their double-meat barely has as much as a regular-meat from Chipotle

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:07:04 AM EDT

Seriously?  You can SEE the menu when you walk in.  If you don't like the price, then leave and don't give them your money.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:07:32 AM EDT

They probably have green cards, so, stay away.  Only go to the places with hardworking folks working there, who are doing the jobs Americans won't do.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:09:18 AM EDT

yeah, theyre huge because theyre full of sheap filler, kind of like off brand dog food

I've found the problem. You just don't like mexican food. You're loss. That doesn't mean you're going to get support here for being foolish

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:10:19 AM EDT
Think that's bad? Soon you'll have to buy Chipotlaway!
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:10:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By InjunJoe:

Moes is better.

Welcome to MOE'S!!!

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:11:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By imagetcha:

Seriously?  You can SEE the menu when you walk in.  If you don't like the price, then leave and don't give them your money.

i was fine with the price until i realized the food sucked.  lots of butthurt people in here sticking up for that fake mexican shit food though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:13:10 AM EDT
I've come to the conclusion that all eating out is a rip-off.

Still amazes me to see how many people will pay $8.00 for soup and salad at Panera in this shit economy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:13:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By panda_king:

I've found the problem. You just don't like mexican food. You're loss. That doesn't mean you're going to get support here for being foolish

i know more about authentic mexican food than most people posting in this thread.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:14:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By paris-dakar:

Still amazes me to see how many people will pay $8.00 for soup and salad at Panera in this shit economy.

Don't make the assumption that everyone is suffering in the current economy.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:14:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By imagetcha:

i was fine with the price until i realized the food sucked.  lots of butthurt people in here sticking up for that fake mexican shit food though.

You're the only person that's butthurt since you had to pay twice what a Chipotle burrito costs.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:15:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Zakk_Wylde_470:

Don't make the assumption that everyone is suffering in the current economy.

Those are the same idiots that will be knocking on your door in a few months, asking kindly for any scraps of food you can spare.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:15:22 AM EDT
I've come to the conclusion that all eating out is a rip-off.

agreed.  i could have gone to costco and got several choice ribeyes for what i just spent on that shit.   jokes on me huh?
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:15:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shooter42:

my buddy is a manger at Chipotle because he's the only that speaks English and is understandable....

Your buddy is a food trough for animals?

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:16:53 AM EDT
Chipotle sucks.  I don't care if they gave their burritos away for free.  They're flavorless, dry, and the tortillas taste like ass.

I'd never spend a dime there.

Not to mention the fact that they prohibit the lawful carry of firearms in their stores.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:17:46 AM EDT
They are OK but they usually run about $6 here. Dunno why they're charging $10 per burrito there. I like the steak or chicken with fajita vegetables.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top