Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 7:46:42 PM EDT
These are supposedly Chinese troop contribution to the UN for peace keeping work.  Don't you just love those blue helmets?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#1]
They stand out.

Where are th Chicoms sending troops?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Clever to have a cloth cover you can just rip off in a firefight - when a bunch of my friends (and relatives) have worn a blue helmet, they were painted
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
purple would be so much better
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
at least they ain't painted
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW, thats very eye-opening.  That very well could be our future enemy.......Chinese troops in UN colors!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the Chinese were a practical and conservative people.

So who designed that thick cumbersome trigger-guard
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know, but they all seem to be really focusing on shot placement, using their sights and concentrating.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't know, but they all seem to be really focusing on shot placement, using their sights and concentrating.

Kofi Annan has to be crapping in his pants!

UN peacekeepers are virtually forbidden to shoot people
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder what happens to them when they decide to be pussies and disobey orders?

I don't know who I feel sorrier for, the poor guys always complaining that the UN is totally worthless and never gets anything done, or the poor souls who are convinced the same UN is about to invade and conqueer us?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup. Bright blue works great for camo.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I wonder what happens to them when they decide to be pussies and disobey orders?

I don't know who I feel sorrier for, the poor guys always complaining that the UN is totally worthless and never gets anything done, or the poor souls who are convinced the same UN is about to invade and conqueer us?

yeah because we all know that standing up for what you believe in makes you a pussy.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#13]
china contributing to the UN peacekeeping=

wonder how thier assault rifles (type 95s?) stand up...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Chinese people smell bad compared to people who aren't Chinese.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Not new news....

www.un.org/esa/africa/support/China.htm

In early 2003, China sent 218 peacekeeping personnel to participate in United Nations peacekeeping operations in Congo (Kinshasa).

I think the Chinese are trying to copy what the Soviets tried (did) to do in Africa...
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:52:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Well,

with those little, piss ant bull pup 'rifles' and no hearing protection...one thing is certain.

They aren't going to understand what the wife is saying in the future.  But, they will always be able to hear a noise something like a jet engine running...all the time.

Wonder how reliable those "rifles" are compared to AK's??
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Clever to have a cloth cover you can just rip off in a firefight - when a bunch of my friends (and relatives) have worn a blue helmet, they were painted

Hello!!!  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hello!!!  

Those that wear fabric are smart. They know the situation may change.
Those with painted helmets are doing the hail may for world peace.

The real battle may unfold between those with painted helmets, attempting to take  the helmets of the fabric covered fellows, for easy removal - and all.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I bet they get a good deal on airsoft.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
These are supposedly Chinese troop contribution to the UN for peace keeping work.  Don't you just love those blue helmets?

Is that the rifle Chow Yun Fat used in Heat ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#21]
And they are on Haiti, thus they are getting close so watch your back Florida!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Anyone have any info about those Chinese rifles. Orther than the fact that they look like that POS FAMAS, they also look kinda of flimsy...
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
probably the worst designed bullpup ever, though it has an interesting round

Ugh. Looks like a bad 10/22 conversion. The selector is at the BACK of the reciever? WTF? You have to unshoulder the weapon to switch between safe, burst, and auto?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#25]
and you cannot switch it to left eject for southpaws.  

but this is par for the course for an army that practices room clearing with desert eagle knockoffs
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I thought the UN hated guns.
The UN has got to go. Dangerous/ harzous to US lives and freedoms.
When will we see AQ and Iranians under the Azure helmet
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

but this is par for the course for an army that practices room clearing with desert eagle knockoffs

Some Chinese people I've met (The area in the US I'm in is 70% Chinese), when they learn that I'm a lefty, they say that they were too, but their parents tied their left hand behind their back to force them to be right handed. So maybe you can't switch it because they don't have many leftys?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some Chinese people I've met (The area in the US I'm in is 70% Chinese), when they learn that I'm a lefty, they say that they were too, but their parents tied their left hand behind their back to force them to be right handed. So maybe you can't switch it because they don't have many leftys?

Some armies simply train all shooter to shoot right-handed.  China may be one of them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#29]
hmmmmm........ I think I'll take a blue helmet target to the range to test out my new rifle this Feb.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Bright blue helmets make great targets.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah because we all know that standing up for what you believe in makes you a pussy.  

Well Michael New was a pussy.  As are most of the guys around here who really really think the UN is a threat.  For something to be a threat they have to have the capability to make that threat a reality.  And the UN is a tootless stray kiten if we aren't there.  Or are you going to try to argue that the Un has any kind of significant power??
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Why are you guys bitching about the Chinese bullpup rifle, any faults it has are clearly good for my sake.  Ill be the one shooting them in the next 10 years.  Dont give them any ideas on how to fix the gun, please.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

We had the blue cloth covers (US Army, Haiti, 1995)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Dont give them any ideas on how to fix the gun, please.

agreed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well Michael New was a pussy.  As are most of the guys around here who really really think the UN is a threat.  For something to be a threat they have to have the capability to make that threat a reality.  And the UN is a tootless stray kiten if we aren't there.  Or are you going to try to argue that the Un has any kind of significant power??

The UN is dangerous because it erodes sovereignty, not because it has a secret NWO/Black Helicopter Clone Army.
Little bit by little bit we see sovereignty slipping away.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:43:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Not hardly.  His interpretation of having the US military operating under a foreing commander is correct.  He took on UCMJ and the consequences for his principles.  Would you?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not hardly.  His interpretation of having the US military operating under a foreing commander is correct.  He took on UCMJ and the consequences for his principles.  Would you?

+1

So who in the heck wants to serve under the UN rules of engagement (I believe engagement is a big no-no)?

Remember Somalia when the UN wanted the US to go after the warlords? They could not. We could only because our troops were seperate from UN command.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#39]
The UN is not dangerous militarily.....yet.  But, they will be some day.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:10:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The UN is dangerous because it erodes sovereignty, not because it has a secret NWO/Black Helicopter Clone Army.

Shows how much you know:

(best I could do on such short notice)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:13:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huge plus one.

What happens in New York affects all of us.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#42]
The UN is kicking butt in the Congo though, they kill rebels by the dozens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top