Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2002 5:17:06 AM EDT
According to Fox, Chinese nationals have been found among the dead in Eastern Afgan caves.  Since China isn't known for a huge Islamic population, does this represent state support for our enemy?

SRM
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:19:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Bomb them!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Got any links to this story?

I wouldn't put it past the Chinese.  They could weaken their cheif rival in the world, and have plausable deniability;  no worries about retaliation, because the US can't prove a thing.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#3]
You won't hear about it a lot in our media but there have been Islamic/Muslim uprising in western china.  Urumchi (where the mummies are) is mostly muslim.

Look closely at a lot of the AKs you see Afghan's hands.  I'm pretty sure you'll see a lot of folding spike bayonets.  I saw PMSNBC war whore Ashleigh Assfield blathering near a huge heap of Chinese AK ammo in the big tin cans.

The Chinese have their fingers everywhere in this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#4]
There are many Muslims in Xinjiang Province.  The PRC has always been "bothered" by it's ethnic Uighurs, who have always railed against the rulers in Beijing.  The PRC's repressive actions against the Uighurs have driven many to radicalism and into the arms of the Taliban.

So it doesn't surprise me that there are many "Chinese" fighting with the Taliban.

NO, THEY WEREN'T SENT THERE TO FIGHT FOR THE PRC!

DaMan
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Yap, Daman nailed it on the head.
However, some of the dumb US congressmen being pointing fingers to Chinese human rights record, saying Chinese Army is killing and jailing "INNOCENT" ethnic minorities in the west.

It's the world of Muslims against US, no matter what they tell us.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:It's the world of Muslims against US, no matter what they tell us.
View Quote

jd, who do you mean by "US"?

DaMan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top