Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/27/2006 4:58:38 PM EDT
I would like to think that the US would stand up the China over Taiwan but I honestly dont see that happening. I think that the US would slap a few embargos against them, mabye ban them from importing finger cuffs and funny looking hats. The UN would do nothing except condem the action. What I woul dlike to see happen is for the US to defend Taiwan or atleast give them supplies to defend themselves. I would want the UN to put a total trade embargo against China on all imports and exports. Of course a resource starved China would probably quickly move to seize any kind of reseources they could (oil). More than likly ww3/4/5 if the UN puts a embargo on China. However since that wont happen we will probably do nothing or very little so not to hurt our dependance on their crappy made goods.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:02:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:02:13 PM EDT
i would hope that we would do this:

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 5:39:35 PM EDT by TheCynic]
The 7th Fleet would be bombarding Chinese beachheads and providing CAS to the Taiwanese ground forces.

The point, of course, is that China would never be able to mount a full scale invasion without the US noticing the buildup and moving the 7th Fleet into position. China could put together some kind of airborne assault coupled with a SRBM barrage, but I doubt they would attempt that without heavy assets to hold the positions.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:05:36 PM EDT
US will maybe ...... The UN will
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:12:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCynic:
The 7th Fleet would be bombarding Chinese beachheads and providing CAP to the Taiwanese ground forces.

The point, of course, is that China would never be able to mount a full scale invasion without the US noticing the buildup and moving the 7th Fleet into position. China could put together some kind of airborne assault coupled with a SRBM barrage, but I doubt they would attempt that without heavy assets to hold the positions.

Yep.

The Chinese do not have a strong enough amphibious capability to take Taiwan.

Barrage the crap out of it? - Yes.
Take it and hold it? - No.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:15:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:15:46 PM EDT
The Democrats will says it's Bush's fault, and will then stick their heads in the sand.

It'll be peace at all costs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:17:10 PM EDT
"China invades Taiwan tommorow, what will be the most likly response
from the US"

Walmart Stock will Split?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:18:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:25:23 PM EDT
Them from orbit
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:34:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By vito113:
US: Sulk then come to an arrangement with the new owners

UN: Sulk and pretend they matter

There would be a world of hurt coming down on China.

The only way they *might* be able to avoid our wrath is by a complete and total surprise invasion to where we would have to oust China from Taiwan. Even then I think the PLAN and PLAAF would have to buy some new hardware.
Top Top