Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2011 5:02:34 PM EST
At least, according to a top domestic newspaper in China, this is what they should do to win sovereignty in the region.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/28/china-demands-war/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Headlined “The Time to Use Force Has Arrived in the South China Sea; Let’s Wage Wars on the Philippines and Vietnam to Prevent More Wars,” the article was written by Long Tao, a likely pseudonym literally translated as “The Dragon’s Teaching.” The name refers to the third chapter of the famous Chinese ancient military classic “Six Secret Military Teachings” that, among other things, promotes the idea that the best way to establish military awesomeness is to kill the highest-ranked dissenters.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:04:14 PM EST
Wouldn't mind seeing the VC thin out the numbers of the PLA...
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:06:36 PM EST
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

Somehow I don't see that happening.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:06:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By MP0117:

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

It's happened once ;)
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:07:42 PM EST
Another Chinese/ French Indo China war?

I'm game
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:08:10 PM EST
That would be bad timing for the US, what with the kenyan usurper in the whitehouse and all
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:08:51 PM EST

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

Vietnam gave them all they could handle in the 70s when they went to war.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:09:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By Shockergd:

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

It's happened once ;)

+1 and it will happen again. Never underestimate the Vietnamese.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:09:27 PM EST
If the Chinese start feeling froggy, our next war could be over the Spratly Islands, with Philippines and Vietnam as our allies.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:11:32 PM EST

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

It's happened once ;)

Been happening for over a thousand years
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:12:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 5:12:47 PM EST by jnk556]
Originally Posted By DnPRK:
If the Chinese start feeling froggy, our next war could be over the Spratly Islands, with Philippines and Vietnam as our allies.

As fucked up as it may sound I think your right.

We hold alot of stake in southeast asia, we definatly couldn't sit and watch

There's no more bitter of enemies as the Chinese and the Vietnamese.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:12:47 PM EST

If China starts it , I can see it including ALOT more than just VN and PH , alot of the nations of that region have alot to lose if VN and PH fall, I could see Indonesia, Japan , South Korea and maybe even India throwing their lot with the Philippines and Vietnam to prevent China from gaining more power. The Philippines and Vietnam couldn't resist a invasion from china (although it would cost China dearly) however with those nations in support, it would be a extremely tough win for China.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:13:40 PM EST

If China starts it , I can see it including ALOT more than just VN and PH , alot of the nations of that region have alot to lose if VN and PH fall, I could see Indonesia, Japan , South Korea and maybe even India throwing their lot with the Philippines and Vietnam to prevent China from gaining more power. The Philippines and Vietnam couldn't resist a invasion from china (although it would cost China dearly) however with those nations in support, it would be a extremely tough win for China.

While we're at it N Korea will side with China, and WWIII here we come
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:14:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 5:15:13 PM EST by CRC]

I don't see a war but I can see some minor naval engagements over the oil in that area

In fact they are already happening, right?

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:16:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By jnk556:

While we're at it N Korea will side with China, and WWIII here we come

On a positive note, the greenies would get what they've always wanted and we'd have a massive population decrease.

It's insane to think though that China has officially targeted a country with nearly no air force and no tank force with nukes.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:18:57 PM EST
I need something to watch on TV. American Idol isn't my thing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:21:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 7:38:19 PM EST by Paul]
They (Chicom) have been bullying the Philippines and other countries with claim for the Spratly Islands for years. Way to go [racial slur removed - Paul] , you will have your ass handed to you someday, somehow.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:21:15 PM EST
OP is a CLASS A douchebag. Article clearly states "Demands War" not declares war.

In other words, war has not been declared.

OP, I see a future libtard job in the media for you.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:21:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 5:21:40 PM EST by flyfishnepa]
Originally Posted By CRC:

I don't see a war but I can see some minor naval engagements over the oil in that area

i think the chinese navy fired on vietnamese fishing vessels earlier this year

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:23:20 PM EST

It all over the UN's exclusive economic zone policies.

An Admiral was quoted popular mechnics as saying the war for the Spratly's started 20 years ago.

I think before 2030 China will attempt to sink a carrier task force in the Indian Ocean they may even get a few hits. Even one wiould be as big a deal as the sinking of the HMS Price of Wales in 41.

I also promise Tiawan will not get out unscathed.

The war should not last long naval wars are too costly to be protracred. If the chicoms go nuclear there won't be any islands to fight over the Spratlys are only about 3 meters high at the highest. Most are smaller than 4 acers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:24:47 PM EST

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

Remember that History class you never went to? Well, you should have gone to it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:26:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By flyfishnepa:

i think the chinese navy fired on vietnamese fishing vessels earlier this year

I believe you are right. Expect more of that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:26:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 5:31:44 PM EST by Strykewolf]

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

It's already happened before.

(ETA) Beaten by a long shot.

Hitting the Phillipines would bring us, the Aussies, New Zealanders, and most likely the Brits into it. China would lose.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:27:33 PM EST
And ask the Japs how much fun they had in the Philippines
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:28:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bettendorf:

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

Remember that History class you never went to? Well, you should have gone to it.

I'm going to guess this time around the results will not be the same as happened in the 1970s.

The Chinese have money, the Vietnamese don't. That money helps build an army.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:29:24 PM EST

Yeah , pretty much.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:29:42 PM EST

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

I'm going to guess this time around the results will not be the same as happened in the 1970s.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that Vietnam can't hold out long enough to drag someone else in.

A bunch of guerrilla fighters with anti-tank weapons and MANPADS would throw a big wrench in the Chinese battle plans.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:33:14 PM EST
Clearly there is but one thing for Arfcom to do. We must decide which country has the hottest womenz and base our alliances on that.

Personally, I don't think we should fight against the Vietnamese again and their womenz are pretty hawt. So that's a good place to start.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:34:14 PM EST
I want to hear from Ron Paul before I decide on this one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:35:36 PM EST
At least, according to a top domestic newspaper in China, this is what they should do to win sovereignty in the region.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/28/china-demands-war/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Headlined “The Time to Use Force Has Arrived in the South China Sea; Let’s Wage Wars on the Philippines and Vietnam to Prevent More Wars,” the article was written by Long Tao, a likely pseudonym literally translated as “The Dragon’s Teaching.” The name refers to the third chapter of the famous Chinese ancient military classic “Six Secret Military Teachings” that, among other things, promotes the idea that the best way to establish military awesomeness is to kill the highest-ranked dissenters.

Why did you post an intentionally misleading title?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:37:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By CaribouLou45:
OP is a CLASS A douchebag. Article clearly states "Demands War" not declares war.

In other words, war has not been declared.

OP, I see a future libtard job in the media for you.

Like I said in my post , that's what some want them to do, i just used a dramatic headline to grab attention.

Although since you're a obvious pillar of the community, I should value your opinion more *snicker*.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:51:56 PM EST

Its happened before.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:55:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that Vietnam can't hold out long enough to drag someone else in.

A bunch of guerrilla fighters with anti-tank weapons and MANPADS would throw a big wrench in the Chinese battle plans.

What is Vietnam's airforce and navy like compared to the PLA?

I have no idea
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:58:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:

Hitting the Phillipines would bring us, the Aussies, New Zealanders, and most likely the Brits into it. China would lose.

Correct.

The US and Australia take good care of the PI. The brits back up the US and Australia, so yeah, China wouldn't dare.

Or maybe they are that stupid, but I doubt it very seriously.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:05:22 PM EST
Reminds me of 1984, first we're at war with Eurasia; now we're supposed to fight East Asia or was it Oceania again? Who the fuck are we supposed to be buddies with and who are our enemies again?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:09:50 PM EST
Having met and spoke to some Vietnamese. They mentioned the mass graves of Chinese troops from their 1979 border war. They're history puts their death toll at over 60k dead.....every Vietnamese (Communist) hates China, and expects another war with them. They see, and hope, and wish to develop ties with the USA. Go figure...
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:10:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zack3g:
Originally Posted By Strykewolf:

Correct.

The US and Australia take good care of the PI. The brits back up the US and Australia, so yeah, China wouldn't dare.

Or maybe they are that stupid, but I doubt it very seriously.

Obama wins re-election? Be a smart ass move on China's part to jump.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:12:32 PM EST

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

In the '60's and '70's, the United States had a lot of money. We didn't actually win either, did we? (not making a political statement, nor am I disrespecting our military.)

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:14:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 6:15:20 PM EST by CRC]
Originally Posted By scottfire1957:

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

In the '60's and '70's, the United States had a lot of money. We didn't actually win either, did we? (not making a political statement, nor am I disrespecting our military.)

We killed a lot more Vietnamese than they killed of us.

Communists do not fight like we do.

They are ruthless in victory.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:15:57 PM EST

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

It's happened once ;)

They didn't thin them out that much, hell both sides declared victory. The casualties were close on both sides.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:22:12 PM EST
Them Chicoms have a long term vision, they'll just wait another fifty years when their military is of such a size and quality that it wouldn't be worth it for us to intervene, no way are they going to try anything to drastic for now.

That is just my amateur analyses though, any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:27:22 PM EST

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

There aren't VC anymore, and the VC never fought China.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:30:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By scottfire1957:

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

We killed a lot more Vietnamese than they killed of us.

Communists do not fight like we do.

They are ruthless in victory.

I'm just saying money may not have a lot to do with it.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:42:47 PM EST
VN put a good whippn on the Chi Coms with out even using their best units. Would have been better if the Soviets jumped em.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:42:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

lol

Rrriiggghhhtttt.

What is Vietnam's airforce and navy like compared to the PLA?

I have no idea

Inventory China
Vietnam
Philippines
4th Generation Fighter Jets
483 Total
4 FC-1 (F-16 Copy)
190 J-10 (Rafale Copy)
100 SU-30MK2/MMK
120 J-11 (SU-27 Copy)
69 SU-27 SK/UBK
60 Total
24 SU-30MK2V
36 SU-27SK/UB
None
3rd Generation Fighter Jets
470 Total
180 J-8 (Mig-23 Copy)
290 J-7 (Mig-21 Copy)

236 Total
36 Mig-23
200+ Mig-21
None
Tactical Bombers
110 Total
110 H-6 (TU-16 Copy)
None
None
Ground Attack Aircraft
290 Total
60 JH-7 (Tornado Copy)
230 Q-5 (SU-22 Copy)
145 Total
145 SU-22 Fitter
11 Total
11 OV-10 Bronco
Attack Helicopters
91 Total
8 WZ-10 (Apache Copy)
35 Z-9 (Eurocopter Copy)
40 Z-11W (Eurocopter Copy)
8 SA 342 Gazelle
36 Total
36 MI-24 Hind
25 Total
25 MD-520MG
Destroyers 21 Total
None
None
Frigate 51 Total
8 Total
2 Gepard-Class
5-6 Petya-Class
2 Total
1 USN Hamilton-class
1 USN Cannon-class
Corvette
None (classified as patrol boats)

3 (Russian Missile/Torpedo Boats)
11 Total
6 USN Admirable-class
3 RN Peacock-class
2 USN Auk-class
Patrol/Surface Boats
390 Total
132 Missile Boats
160 Gun Boats
75 Anti-Sub Boats
20 Torpedo Boats
60 Total
42 Inshore Gun Boats
8 Osa-II Class Missile Boats
5 Tuyra Class Torpedo Boats
3 Shersen Class Torpedo Boats
2 Svetlayk Class Gun Boats
~40 Total
40 Gun Boats (various makes and models)
Submarine 58 Total
47 Kilo-Class
5 Nuclear Attack
5 Nuclear Ballistic Attack
1 Conventional Ballistic Attack
(6) On Order
Kilo-class, tentative
None

There you go.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:45:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By BillSouthCarolina:
Them Chicoms have a long term vision, they'll just wait another fifty years when their military is of such a size and quality that it wouldn't be worth it for us to intervene, no way are they going to try anything to drastic for now.

Lack of natural resources means that China cannot wait. They need thhe oil and rubber NOW.
They will be weaker in 50 years without expansion. Their economy isn't strong overall, and they still can't build shit.

Chinese have never made good soldiers. Never have.

A south-Asian coalition could easily fight them to s standstill and gain concessions; not conquer China, but send them home.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:52:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 6:52:48 PM EST by CaribouLou45]
Originally Posted By BillSouthCarolina:

If their population keeps increasing, it will dramatically decrease due to the population maximum.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:58:35 PM EST
The Vietnamese will just put some iron spikes in the water and then lure the Chinese Navy to its doom.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:11:39 PM EST
China has already been openly aggressive against Vietnam. They seized one of Vietnams islands and forced out the fishermen that worked from that island. Or at least that is what we are hearing from some of the wife's family still in Saigon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:14:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By Jacknife:
China has already been openly aggressive against Vietnam. They seized one of Vietnams islands and forced out the fishermen that worked from that island. Or at least that is what we are hearing from some of the wife's family still in Saigon.

Recent, I take it? If so, things may heat up in SE Asia pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:16:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

Its happened before.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it was the other way around.

China put the hurt on the NVA after we left in '75.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top