Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2006 4:54:28 AM EDT
Link

China cracks down on striptease funerals

Thu Aug 24, 10:13 AM ET

BEIJING (AFP) - China may be giving striptease funerals the last rites after officials arrested five people and ordered an end to the practise, state media said.

Strip shows have been commonly used to attract more mourners to funerals, as villagers believe a crowded send-off brings more honor to the deceased, Xinhua news agency said.

But police took action after state television exposed the "obscene performances" at a funeral in Donghai county, Jiangsu province, with 200 people including children in attendance, it said.

"When the performance reached a climax, two performers started stripping and to show their charm. They even dragged audiences onto the stage to join them," Beijing News said, citing the television report.

Wealthier families in villages often employ two troupes of performers to try to draw a crowd at the funerals of their loved ones.

After the television report, the local government quickly issued an order to stop the practice and demanded that village committees have to report details of each funeral plan within 12 hours after a villager dies.

A hotline was also set up for residents to report on "funeral misdeeds," it said. The funeral striptease is also a popular custom in parts of Taiwan.

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#1]
That settles it for me.  No way I'm dying in China if I can't have strippers at my funeral.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Stripper funerals???

You know what really suprises me about this? It suprises me that somebody in Vegas didn't think of it first...
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#3]
At least they don't strip the corpse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:00:02 AM EDT
[#4]
think this is definately a duplicate thread, or as I have started calling them, a "dupe."
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I allways wanted strippers at my funeral,and maybe chicks in cages as well.A cash bar,some clowns,a few midgets and a donkey show
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:13:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, this appears to be a dupe, I only searched back one day.  I guess Yahoo waited a few days for a news opening before publishing...

Lock it, for the strippers...

The shame, the shame...
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:14:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like fun to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Them Chi-Coms are some uptight motherfuckers.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I allways wanted strippers at my funeral,and maybe chicks in cages as well.A cash bar,some clowns,a few midgets and a donkey show

Is your health failing?

Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:22:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Dupe     http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=493766
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top