Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2002 4:23:24 PM EDT
From your resident China "hater":

The State Department has identified the eight Chinese companies and two men it punished with economic sanctions last week for selling arms to Iran.
They include:
    •Jiangsu Yongli Chemicals and Technology Import and Export
    •China Machinery and Equipment Import Export
    •China National Machinery and Equipment Import Export
    •CMEC Machinery and Electric Equipment Import and Export
    •CMEC Machinery and Electrical Import Export
    •China Machinery and Electric Equipment Import and Export
    •Wha Cheong Tai
    •China Shipbuilding Trading

[url]http://www.washtimes.com/national/20020726-31740576.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
what? no norinco or polytechnologies?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah,

I really wish the Chinese would do away with actually calling these entities "companies."

More like offcial apparati (plural of "apparatus" please?)  of the People's Republic.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
And now for what could be the ultimate irony for the Chi-Coms:

"Scores of Islamic separatists from China's northwestern Xinjiang province were sponsored and trained by Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network, China's state-owned television reported.

Many Uighurs, the Turkic-speaking, Muslim native people of the region, want to break away from predominantly Han China. [b]Beijing has traditionally kept quiet about the decade-old movement, and some international observers interpret the recent display of attention as an effort to entice U.S. support for moves against Uighur separatists while the war against terrorism is in progress.[/b]"

Seems that their support of the Islamists may ultimately bite them in the ass.  Turns out radical Islam is as much a threat to totalitarian control as it is to freedom in the U.S.!

"Isn't it ironic," sings Alannis!  
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I trust the little yellow devils.  They wouldn't do anything to jeopardize US interests!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
woa, what the language there.

I think it's safe to conclude that radical Islam is a threat to everyone that's not a radical muslim. It seems that everyone is having a radical muslim problem, the Russians have it, the Chinese have it, and now, we have it. Hehe, sounds like a disease to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Just wondering, what are the requirements for arms export? I mean can a US company export arms to say militia in Congo? What about paramilitary groups and governments not recognized by the united states?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Instead of getting bogged down fighting the Muslims of the world, why not just sick them on the chinese like with the Russians.  Those Muslims hate those godless commies as much as we used too. We could finance them and give them proper weapons and logistics, it would be a win win for everyone and would retard the chinese communists from becoming a super power, a place they are poised too be in a decade or so. And if you think we live in tough times now, wait until those MF"ers are a real power and see the return to the dark ages and an end too freedom of any kind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top