Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/28/2009 9:37:45 AM EDT
I know this has been beat to death but me and a buddy were arguing about it. Help us out.

Poll Inbound.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]
If it has beans it is a chilli flavored stew.

Chilli, by definition, can onlyu have meat, water and spices...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Green or Red
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Beans in chili make the Baby Jesus give teh Sacred Spinning Backfist to little puppies.

(Don't) Do it for the puppies, man!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#4]
This is getting really out of hand, but this is GD I guess. NO BEANS. WJ
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

chili - beans = sloppy joe.

I locked my store to respond to this madness.

CHILI NEEDS BEANS!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Did not know that...  

I love learning...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#8]
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CHILI NEEDS BEANS!

This.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

CHILI NEEDS BEANS!

Point made: People from Connecticut [ETA: And Pennsylvania too]  don't know shit about chili. Thanks for playing. How about: I don't tell you how to make clam chowder, and you don't tell people from Texas what chili should be.

I'm from CT and I try to tell Echo_5 NO BEANS!!! He made me put up the poll to prove him wrong.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the beans is winning.

Until the Tx folks start a poll firemission.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#13]
No beans.

I'll be back in a moment to clarify this for any mucus brained twats that can't figure this out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#14]
people who don't put beans in chili are just too dumb to cook anything other than meat.

Beans add more flavor and texture to the chili....why would you NOT want more flavor and texture.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:53:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Hai I'm back...

Okay you ignorant mother fucking yankee twats.

After ration, cordiality, and reason for years of these quarterly stupid fucking threads I've damned well had it - chili doesn't have fucking beans in it. Chili with beans does. See the difference? Is that so goddamned hard to fucking comprehend?

Don't like it? Get a goddamned time machine and change the first laws ever written about the subject. Then start your own yankee shit-chili world chili festival - I'm sure the masses will quickly abandon the years old standard when your International Poor-fuck-filler Chili Festival kicks off.

I've seen every dip-fuck irrational, delusional, window-licker comment you heathens have to offer. Spaghetti sauce? Apparently you driveling dolts don't know how to make that either - last I checked, spaghetti sauce has TOMATOES in it. Oh yeah, you nutless wonders throw that in chili, too - see beans.

Oh, well perhaps it's a regional difference. For the slow ones (if you're not sure if this applies, see if you put beans in chili - if you do, this is for you) - the theory is maybe chili can mean "with beans" to someone from one (sad, pathetic) place, while it can mean without beans to folks from elsewhere. That argument would almost hold water with a somewhat rational group of people, but for this group of obsessive-compulsive socially un-adept basement dwellers that lose sleep over "clip vs mag" and take pride in the number of posts that they've made explaining flash-hider vs flash suppressor, or will collectively dedicate 8 fucking pages of a thread railing someone for calling an AR and "assault rifle" that doesn't fucking fly. You fuckers want accurate nomenclature? You fucking got it. Fucking chili doesn't have beans in it.

I'm sorry that your daddy didn't make enough money at the steel mill to afford the ingredients for a proper batch of chili, and commend your mother for making do with fillers to feed your ingnorant pie-hole, but that doesn't make the shit that you ate "chili."

Why can't you hemorrhaged assholes figure this the fuck out? Is it that goddamned hard? Are you so hung up on your mama that you can't face the fact that she may not have been the authority on all things? Or are you apes so culinarilly stunted that you believe "well the way we do it's gotta be right?"

If you don't get it by now, there's no hope. You're fucking excrement. Not unlike a poorly trained lab rat, you can't think beyond the confines of your sad little maze. Get the fuck over (or simply go fuck) yourselves.

Have a nice day,
53vortec
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#17]
CT.. nevermind

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CHILI NEEDS BEANS!

what the fuck?  You don't know shit about chili, or even sloppy joes
sloppy joes don't even have fucking chili powder in them.

Beans is an add in to chili.  Chili does not need beans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Who the fuck is voting "Beans"
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#21]
No frigg'n beans ...

Beans, beans, the magical friut, put them in your chili, and you make soup.

Poor mans filler.

Done!

ETA:  FU and the beans you ruin your chili with!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Legumes are fine...................

JUST NOT IN CHILI

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#24]
For Christ's sake... how about just eating what you like?

I'm not a big fan of beans. Most times, I won't put them in my chili.

Sometimes however, I'm "in the mood" for beans... so in they go.

Either way... mmmm, good!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Beans have no place in chili
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#26]
CHILI WITHOUT BEANS IS SAUCE.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

+1

chili has to have BEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

NEGATIVE
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Gotta have beans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:12:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How, exactly, do you make tomato sauce?

Because, I make "beanless" chili all the time.

I also make my own tomato sauce, all the time.

The two aren't even close.

I think you're making one of them wrong.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#31]
chili - beans = sloppy joe sauce
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#32]
If you don't know the difference between chili and Manwhich you fail at life.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

its MEAT sauce. not tomato sauce.

go make sloppy joes with your beanless chili, cause thats all its good for

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
chili - beans = sloppy joe sauce

you are wrong.

maybe chili - beans - chili powder + ketsup = sloppy joe

there are no beans in chili.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

chili has to have BEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you guy suck at sauce too? Fuck, it's worse than I thought up there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#36]
so what am I supposed to do with this can of chili beans?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This.

BTW, when "real" chili was being created canned beans weren't "accessible" to your lowly cookie out on the range.  Beans most certainly would have been added if it didn't take as much water to cook them as they do. Your arguments about them being filler is EXACTLY why they would have been used on the range as beans are much easier to store, they were cheap and as good of a protein as beef/lamb/pig.

Basically, I will say this.  I agree with 53Vortec.  I'm sick and tired of this stupid argument.  Texas chili has no beans, chili with beans is still chili but it's not Texas chili.

BTW, I blame the TX crew for the majority of these arguments because they absolutely refuse to act civil in these threads.  You know what is right and it's really not your job to educate someone, especially if they are so adamant that they are right.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
so what am I supposed to do with this can of chili beans?

You could make some chili beans, but that's likely to confuse most here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Coney dog sauce to be more specific.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

BTW, when "real" chili was being created canned beans weren't "accessible" to your lowly cookie out on the range.  Beans most certainly would have been added if it didn't take as much water to cook them as they do. Your arguments about them being filler is EXACTLY why they would have been used on the range as beans are much easier to store, they were cheap and as good of a protein as beef/lamb/pig.

Basically, I will say this.  I agree with 53Vortec.  I'm sick and tired of this stupid argument.  Texas chili has no beans, chili with beans is still chili but it's not Texas chili.

BTW, I blame the TX crew for the majority of these arguments because they absolutely refuse to act civil in these threads.  You know what is right and it's really not your job to educate someone, especially if they are so adamant that they are right.

Beans were commonplace chuckwagon fare.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#41]
even though  im from texas, i do like beans in chili
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Proceed to the nearest DPS station, surrender you TX DL/CHL, and leave via the most direct route.

If you want them served together, put some chili in your beans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I like beans in chili also, but that is known as chili with beans or chili beans.  Chili itself does not include the beans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Hai I'm back...

Okay you ignorant mother fucking yankee twats.

After ration, cordiality, and reason for years of these quarterly stupid fucking threads I've damned well had it - chili doesn't have fucking beans in it. Chili with beans does. See the difference? Is that so goddamned hard to fucking comprehend?

Don't like it? Get a goddamned time machine and change the first laws ever written about the subject. Then start your own yankee shit-chili world chili festival - I'm sure the masses will quickly abandon the years old standard when your International Poor-fuck-filler Chili Festival kicks off.

I've seen every dip-fuck irrational, delusional, window-licker comment you heathens have to offer. Spaghetti sauce? Apparently you driveling dolts don't know how to make that either - last I checked, spaghetti sauce has TOMATOES in it. Oh yeah, you nutless wonders throw that in chili, too - see beans.

Oh, well perhaps it's a regional difference. For the slow ones (if you're not sure if this applies, see if you put beans in chili - if you do, this is for you) - the theory is maybe chili can mean "with beans" to someone from one (sad, pathetic) place, while it can mean without beans to folks from elsewhere. That argument would almost hold water with a somewhat rational group of people, but for this group of obsessive-compulsive socially un-adept basement dwellers that lose sleep over "clip vs mag" and take pride in the number of posts that they've made explaining flash-hider vs flash suppressor, or will collectively dedicate 8 fucking pages of a thread railing someone for calling an AR and "assault rifle" that doesn't fucking fly. You fuckers want accurate nomenclature? You fucking got it. Fucking chili doesn't have beans in it.

I'm sorry that your daddy didn't make enough money at the steel mill to afford the ingredients for a proper batch of chili, and commend your mother for making do with fillers to feed your ingnorant pie-hole, but that doesn't make the shit that you ate "chili."

Why can't you hemorrhaged assholes figure this the fuck out? Is it that goddamned hard? Are you so hung up on your mama that you can't face the fact that she may not have been the authority on all things? Or are you apes so culinarilly stunted that you believe "well the way we do it's gotta be right?"

If you don't get it by now, there's no hope. You're fucking excrement. Not unlike a poorly trained lab rat, you can't think beyond the confines of your sad little maze. Get the fuck over (or simply go fuck) yourselves.

Have a nice day,

53vortec
Not sure I would have worded it exactly that way, but I'd have to say that is a definitive answer right there.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CHILI NEEDS BEANS!

Point made: People from Connecticut [ETA: And Pennsylvania too]  don't know shit about chili. Thanks for playing. How about: I don't tell you how to make clam chowder, and you don't tell people from Texas what chili should be.

He asked about Chili, not Texas Red Chili.

In during all the blubbering by the Texans.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CHILI NEEDS BEANS!

He asked about Chili, not Texas Red Chili.

In during all the blubbering by the Texans.

"Texas Red" is some name that a yankee trying to save face after he figured out he was wrong came up with.

Have never heard it referred to as such in Texas.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its MEAT sauce. not tomato sauce.

go make sloppy joes with your beanless chili, cause thats all its good for

Okay... I make tomato sauce for pasta all the time. When I want a "meat sauce", I make a meat sauce.

It bears no resemblance to chili... with or without beans.

If your chili, without beans, resembles pasta sauce, you're making one of them wrong.

This isn't really a "Beans/No Beans" argument.

If your chili is just "pasta sauce",  without the inclusion of beans... try again.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Beans are pulling away in the poll.

I have only had chili with beans, from a can.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't get all worked up over the beans issue.  It's an option.  But if any of the "it ain't chili if it has beans" crowd puts TOMATOES or Tomato Sauce in their chili (and I'll bet that's the majority) than you're less of a chili "purist" than you think.  That is the true dividing line between real chili and pretend chili.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top