Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 2:45:56 PM EDT
My nephew came home from school today and told us about the how the teacher had the class 'vote' for the Presidential Election.  Little Zachary told me that he had voted for sKerry.

Naturally, I FREAKED OUT (internally).  I forced myself to calmly ask my favorite nephew why he voted that way.  (Internally, I was screaming "just what the hell were you thinking?!?")  My lil' buddy told me:

"I voted for Mr. Kerry because I felt bad for him...everyone else in class voted for President Bush!  Mr. Bush won the election 33 to 1!"

I sure hope there's some truth to the Weekly Reader poll accurately predicting elections since 1956!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit thats a cool story! I hope their parents vote like that too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes , they were talking about on one of the libs news channels last night and W won by a landslide.  

The said children 6 to 12 tend to vote as there would parents vote.  Also every year they have done it

who ever won became the next President.  

Keep up the faith......................W.............................. in 2005
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#3]
straighten the kid out.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude, you're in KENTUCKY. If that happened here in NYC, or in CA or any battleground state, then THAT would really be something.

That is all.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Yesterday, my first-grade daughter had to vote for either Teacher or Duck to be President of Class. Duck won by a landslide.

I remember voting for Nixon in grade school in '72. I thought he was cool.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah. In my school, Nixon kicked serious ass . . .
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah. In my school, Nixon kicked serious ass . . .

I still think Nixon was cool, and if he hadn't been recording those tapes,  Maybe he would of finished his term and then  maybe Carter wouldn't have been elected,  But if Carter hadn't fucked up so bad then Ronnie might have never been elected and that definetly would have sucked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top