Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 2:09:27 PM EDT
Earlier today there was a blurb on the news about some long-dead black panther having the street in front of his (former) house named after him - and the LEOs are totally against it. Why? Well, this 'fine, upstanding, role model' used to promote the killing of police officers.

I don't recall the name of the the guy, but despite the 'good things' this guy did, I think his hatred and racist history far outweigh the 'honor' of having a street named in his honor.

Just my two pennies.... ymmv.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
He was the leader of the Black Panthers in Chicago.
Legend has it that the cops/FBI intentionally armed these thugs so they could go in shooting.
And they did.  Filthy McNasty was killed in his bed by a hail of gunfire.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He was the leader of the Black Panthers in Chicago.
Legend has it that the cops/FBI intentionally armed these thugs so they could go in shooting.
And they did.  Filthy McNasty was killed in his bed by a hail of gunfire.  

Fred Hampton was Chairman of Illnois BPP iirc, he and another guy were killed by the police. Some officials lost their jobs over the shootings.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I am Jacks total lack of suprise
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#4]
w00t!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top