Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/2/2006 11:19:09 AM EDT
I'm leaving for downtown Chicago (Jackson Blvd) here in about an hour. I'll be taking my car, as usual. Normally, this is about a 4 hour drive for me. Now, I hear that the Dan Ryan is under some serious construction, and drivers are encouraged to take an alternate route. What do you think? The alternate route seems like a pain in the ass.

How screwed up do you think traffic will be tonight? I'll be on the Dan Ryan for about 6 or 7 miles. I'm coming up I-90 the entire way, to I-290, and getting off at Wacker Dr/Franklin St.

Sound like a plan, or will construction screw me up enough to look for a way around it?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:46:12 PM EDT
I have not driven there since Thanksgiving. But the construction did not seem that bad. Google Illinois Tollway and you can get some idea on what they are working on. I'd go I-90 to the Skyway, to Dan Ryan (90/94) and then exit on the Stevenson and take that to Lake Shore Drive.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:40:06 PM EDT
Well, it wasn't too bad. Still, I *HATE* Chicago. This place is a madhouse!

I'm staying on Michigan Ave, at the Chicago Hilton. It's kinda nice, but holy shit! It's costing me (well, somebody...heh) $35 a day to park. Hot damn.
Top Top