Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 8:19:26 PM EDT
Maybe it's just me, but I get sick and tired of the Chevy commercials insinuating that you must buy Chevy in order to save the country.  The worst is

Only one truck is strong enough to carry the American spirit, Chevrolet
View Quote

This is not a Ford or anyone else vs. Chevy, I just think they are using the situation to forward their sales and they insinuate if you buy anything else it is un-American.

While I am at it, GM is the only automaker that tries to say that their NASCAR racer is similar to their street car when there is absolutely nothing in common between the two.

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I am at it, GM is the only automaker that tries to say that their NASCAR racer is similar to their street car when there is absolutely nothing in common between the two.

View Quote

Not true.  I've seen a few commercials from Ford saying the Taurus "races in NASCAR" alluding to "it's the same car"  Yeah...uh huh [rolleyes]
View Quote
I've not seen that and I look for them.  I will have to pay more attention.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just me, but I get sick and tired of the Chevy commercials insinuating that you must buy Chevy in order to save the country.  The worst is

Only one truck is strong enough to carry the American spirit, Chevrolet
View Quote

This is not a Ford or anyone else vs. Chevy, I just think they are using the situation to forward their sales and they insinuate if you buy anything else it is un-American.

View Quote

What do you expect them to do? Focus on their product and their quality in manufacturing?  

Link Posted: 10/26/2001 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe they should show a couple of 1 ton dually 4x4s hooking up to a Toyota truck and ripping it in half. [:)]

Speaking of Toyota trucks, has anyone noticed how freakin' many of them show in footage from Afghanistan? Maybe Toyota should use that in a commercial. Osama singing "Oh-oh what a feeling!" as he gets hit with a Maverick missile.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:28:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe they should show a couple of 1 ton dually 4x4s hooking up to a Toyota truck and ripping it in half. [:)]
View Quote

Humm, I usually just ignore commercials but I think I might watch that one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe they should show a couple of 1 ton dually 4x4s hooking up to a Toyota truck and ripping it in half.

I second that idea you can use my POS 83 Toy...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top