Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2002 9:30:01 PM EDT
I was just watching the Olympics (ski jump), when an ad came on for Chevy's (stupid) "convertible" SUV/pickup, with the idea being that some religious wacko is running around telling people to "change".

The voice sounded familiar, and the face looked almost right, hair might've been a little too dark though -- was that Jason Carter, who played "Marcus Cole" on Babylon 5??
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was just watching the Olympics (ski jump), when an ad came on for Chevy's (stupid) "convertible" SUV/pickup, with the idea being that some religious wacko is running around telling people to "change".

The voice sounded familiar, and the face looked almost right, hair might've been a little too dark though -- was that Jason Carter, who played "Marcus Cole" on Babylon 5??
View Quote

Yep, that was him.  I saw the same ad, and I share your opinion on that dumb-assed idea for a truck.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  OhmiGawd, poor guy, he must be on hard times to have to be out hawking trucks for Chevy. [:(]  A pity, as he's (IMHO) a terrific actor.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree, he should of had enough class to go to Ford.
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Marcus was my favorite character on babylon 5.  They probably only killed him off because people liked him more than sheridan and dalen.  BTW, he could've done wayyyyyy better then Ivanova.

Link Posted: 2/11/2002 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I didn't see the ad, but I love B5!!!  And I thought Marcus was GREAT!  My personal favorite was Lyta Alexander!  You don't want to get on her bad side!!   [:D]
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I just saw an ad for this in American Rifleman.
Called the Avalanche, or something.
Yes, it seems like a stupid idea.
But which is the removable glass - the rear window or the rear side windows?

I think I like the idea of being able to open up the rear of the cab. With a secure camper shell, it seems good for camping & hunting.  I don't know if you have a place to stow this stuff, or do you have to leave it behind (rear of cab)?

But the 4-dr design seems to mean a long wheelbase, something I DON'T NEED!!!! CRAP!!!
IS THIS THING GONNA GET YOU HUNG UP IN RUT OR ON A HUMP?  HOW ABOUT TURNING AROUND ON A NARROW TRAIL. IDIOTS!!! I DID ENOUGH SHOVELING ON THE GROUND IN THE BRONCO, FER GOD'S SAKE!!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2002 5:51:15 AM EDT
[#7]
One of the owners of the company I work for has one.  We kid him about his "Mad Max-mobile" and tease him about putting a .50 on a pedestal mount in the bed.

I don't think I've ever seen so much plastic on a vehicle body before.

Oh, and the rear glass only comes out.  When you remove the glass, fold down the rear seats and the center divider, you get a pickup bed of reasonable length.  But I wouldn't want to put a thousand pounds of sand in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top