Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 8:06:32 AM EDT
link

As part of thier choose or lose thing MTV is doing a PRElection, nothing more than a glorified poll so what say we rock this shit out of this thing? Anyone? Only sucky thing is you have to register, but it would be worth it to fuck with MTV.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As much as I would love to see the fear in thier eyes, I am not willing to taint myself by registering on that site.

Register under a fake name, than skip the last step where it takes you to register to vote in yer state(yup this thing is a big ass attempt to register voters and they get credit for at least doing that much) Use a fake name and addy and such, the only thing thats got to be real is the email addy so you can get the password to log in and vote, also after you vote, they have a little 10 question survey.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 done.....

It's a slow night, what the hell.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
In 2000 I participated in Channel 1s vote simulation. Its a media outlet specifically for high school kids. I fucking hated watching it, but Bush won.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, thats what we need

A bunch of 13-18 year olds picking a president.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:42:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm starting to get sick of these "get ou tthe vote" initatives.  Its very easy to register and even easier to vote.  If a person is so apathetic that you have to bug or coerce them to register and then vote, they probably don't deserve to vote.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yeah, thats what we need

A bunch of 13-18 year olds picking a president.

What you talkin' bout? you got to be 18 to participate in this thing AFAIK(being that it's a voter registration thing and last I checked 13-17 year olds couldn't vote.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top