[url]http://www.wlfa.org/interactive/features/Read.cfm?ID=718[/url]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]
People must be as pissed off about this as I was... I called Ms. Jacksons voicemail, which was full and transferred me to an assistants' viocemail which also was full. Get their asses, Gentlemen!

I own a '93 wrangler and I love the damn thing. I don't know what tree-hugging hippie came up with the ad, but jeep better get it's shit together or they're gonna lose some stalwart customers.

Also, didn't Jeep used to sponsor a major shooting event every year?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#5]
You've got that right, Gunbert!  Jeep better get their act together or I hope they DO lose a lot of faithful customers (of which I am one... I love my '00 Cherokee Sport).

Damn, I hate that these companies always have to do crap like this.  Don't they realize that those same smelly POS tree huggers who they are catering to with a stupid anti-sportsman commercial like that are going to turn around in short order and attack them over other environmental issues?  Stupid.

I can't stand hippies! [:(!]

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I've owned 6 Jeeps since the early 80s.(2CJs,4 Wranglers)

This kind of shit just pisses me off.

I'll never buy another one if they dont fix this pronto.

I said so in the nasty-gram I just sent them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I really hope they fix this. I have owned 4 Jeeps through the course of my life and still drive one everyday.
This is a real "FUCK YOU" to Jeep owners from DaimlerChrysler.
What the hell are they thinking? Jeez...I'm calling and faxing ASAP.

rigid
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
easy way to contact Jeep

[URL]http://www.jeep.com/keyword.html?keyword=email[/URL]

Upper left of page "contact jeep 4x4"
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Anybody have any figures on recent jeep sales to sportsmen vs. yuppie scum?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I had already decided when we bought the cherokee that it would probably be our last new jeep anyway Daimler-Chrysler wants to kill the jeep brand anyway. The decision to make the wrangler Independant suspension in an upcomming model so it will "ride better" was loudly protested by Jeep loyalists and they were ignored by D-C whose only motivation is to promote the sales of Mercedes vehicles and the high end of the Chrysler line. D-C does not understand the american market, Chrysler was bought for its market share and brand recognition thats all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Nothing like trying to piss off your loyal customers.

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Who are they trying to market this add to? As if enviromentalist would buy gas guzzling SUV's to begin with? I haven't seen it yet, I hope I never see it. Stupid move.

The New TJ model has had the coil over live axle suspension since 1999, it's not only easier on your ass but has much more suspension travel than the old "covered wagon" leaf springs. It's over all a better 4x4 suspension bar none. No one uses leaf springs on serious off road vehicle anymore. This technology is decades old and will continue to evolve with the sport it came from, offroad racing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Got off my e-mail. SURE FEELS GOOD!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The New TJ model has had the coil over live axle suspension since 1999, it's not only easier on your ass but has much more suspension travel than the old "covered wagon" leaf springs. It's over all a better 4x4 suspension bar none. No one uses leaf springs on serious off road vehicle anymore.
View Quote

Ofctr wasn't hacking the coil-over spring, I don't think, but the fact that D-C wanted to go independent... which generally sucks ass for off roading (Humvee excluded)

Here's what I just shot them in an email:

What are you guys doing?  That new advertisement with the deer is a total affront to the sportsmen that love your Jeep vehicles!  I'm disgusted! You portray hunters as poaching criminals, blithely ignoring the fact that hunters and sportsmen in general are THE driving force behind animal conservation and protection! You're catering to the dogma of the environmental left, the same people who you may appease a bit with this P.E.T.A. sponsored drivel, but who will eventually villify you for making an 'environmentally unconsionable' gas-guzzling SUV. If this commercial is not withdrawn I, and many like me, will be forced to re-evaluate my support of your company and practices.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:51:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I guess they failed to mention that the bunny-huggers are adding to pollution and the degredation of the natural habitat by driving vehicles that have horrible gas mileage and pathetic emission standards.  

Jeeps suck anyway.  The fact that the owners are anti-freedom dickholes who supplied weapons to the Nazis can give you another reason not to buy their crap.  

And:

Ban all Jeeps.

For the children.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Perhaps jeep is planning on helping everyone pay for damage done to their jeeps by hitting deer?  (ever have a six pointer suddenly appear in front of you while going 65 mph? It makes you crap your pants[shock], and then it makes you want to go kill deer.[sniper])
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:37:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't have a jeep & never have. I may not in the future now.. The real problem here is that Jeep has forgotten who kept them afloat until the soccer moms started buying them to haul around their kids. In 5 years when the mini-van or station wagon is "chic" again, who will be their base of customers? Apparently not the sportsmen. They will have switched to a Blazer or an Explorer or such. Make sure they know this when you call or write. Harley Davidson has done this as well to a degree. The older bikers kept them alive thru the 70's & 80's. Then the Yuppie crowd started buying them. The company forgot who brought them to the dance.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got off my e-mail. SURE FEELS GOOD!
View Quote

Me too.  I even added my demographics so they would know what type cutomer they were losing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#19]
i e-mailed them too. i explained that although i love their products, i do not appreciate the direction that their marketing strategy is taking their image. i reminded them that shifting demographics might mean more sales, TEMPORARILY, but that in the process, they should not alienate their truest, and longest standing customer base; outdoors-people and sportsmen. i also reminded them of whom it was exactly that tried to sue in the 1980's just to keep the Jeep open-top vehicle line alive ~ us hicks and those like us!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#20]
There goes Jeep kissing ass again.  They can't make an engine that gets decent gas milage, so they change the subject.  But why bite the hand that feeds you?

The real topic is why can't they make a 5.0l engine that gets 50 mpg.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:28:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as an attack on sportsmen or hunters. I just see it as D-C doing anything the humanly can to maintain profit.

Now, lots of people own Jeeps. Heck I walk outside my old neighborhood and see at least 8 or 9 in a 100 yard radius from my house. Now, every person who might be swayed by this add means less dear killed. Less deer killed means more deer running over the roads. More deer running over the roads means more accidents with abovesaid Jeeps. More accidents means more profit from parts sales and deals with service shops, and eventually more new Jeep sales.

So no...I don't see it as they're bagging on hunters. I see it that Jeep WANTS more auto vehicle accidents as a means of profit, and ought to be held liable for every Jeep that strikes a deer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm glad to see you jeep owners are taking action, I saw this ad air on sunday during an NFL game. I could not believe it, whats next a ban on leather interiors ? Glad i don't own one because w/the price of them I'd feel as if i was just kicked in the nads. A Rover is looking better all the time.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Actually, I think its a pretty funny ad.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#25]
'96 Grand cherokee now for sale anyone interested ?

My fax has been sent

Jeep            [50]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#26]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Hmm, I have to say that as of this morning no ad for Jeep matching that description has played on TV here in AZ.

Perhaps its regional?

If someone has a MPEG of it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't own a Jeep but this ad pisses me off.  Jeep wranglers are one of only a couple of 4X4 vechiles that are actually capable off-road.

This ad is just the begining of DaimlerChrysler abandoning their high-end users.  Soon they'll be building Jeeps with comfy leather seats, jacked up bodies with lower ground clearance, smaller tires,  automatic locking hubs, IFS..etc.

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I sent the following to Chrysler:
I have heard but not seen the new Jeep television commercial depicting hunters in a negative light. As the owner of 3 Chrysler vehicles to include a Wrangler 2001 Sahara and presently considering a Jeep Grand Cherokee I want you to know how offended I am on your cheap shot at American Sportsman. Should this reflect the new vision at Chrysler I will move to GM. Please tell the Germans that Japanese car companies would not be this stupid or arrogant. Perhaps this arrogance is a result of too much jackboots and cross-dressing and then loosing sight of reality and customer base.  Grow up. Sincerely, EAG
PS. I am not a hunter nor do I own any hunting equipment whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#31]
BTT, let's get their attention!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This ad is just the begining of DaimlerChrysler abandoning their high-end users.  Soon they'll be building Jeeps with comfy leather seats, jacked up bodies with lower ground clearance, smaller tires,  automatic locking hubs, IFS..etc.

View Quote

I don't know where you've been for the last 10 years dude, but they already build their vehicles that way.  The Cherokee was the first SUV to become soccer mom friendly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#33]
this is kinda like S&W shitting where they eat
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know where you've been for the last 10 years dude, but they already build their vehicles that way.  The Cherokee was the first SUV to become soccer mom friendly.
View Quote

Yeah, I know.. I meant THE Jeep. The wrangler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top