Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2006 11:55:00 AM EDT
Markings on the side are 9mm Luger and DAG. Appears to be an aluminum bottom with a plastic body.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Spent Simunition?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#2]
One of those special "plastic bullets?"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like 9mm training ammo.......I think maybe it was Sportsmansguide that was/is selling that stuff. Reduced power 9mm with a light training bullet that won't cycle the slide of a semiauto.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Wolf Plastic Case?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Markings on the side are 9mm Luger and DAG. Appears to be an aluminum bottom with a plastic body.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/200ddada.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/Bamashooter/da69a4da.jpg

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=20154
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#6]
That's the polytronic combustion regulator from a Sig 2000.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

those were left by me at fop about 3 weeks ago

that is the plastin 9mm traiing ammo that SG is selling. i left a pile of them laying around to confuse the range commando's.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Ahhh. I should have known they belonged to you. They were only about 3 feet from the plates.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
can you really kill pests with those? how loud are they?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if those are surplus from the Danish army, or if they are relatively common (and Denmark just bought them) - but we did use those in the army.  Not just for submachineguns, but also for rifles.

It's waaayyy to weak to cycle the action, but it allows new recruits to "shoot" the rifle and get used to working the action, and pulling the trigger and "sight in" at something like 10 yards or so.  It's a great way to start to already teach sight picture, trigger pull, etc - without giving all the 18-year old draftees live ammo.

Does anyone know what kind of box they come in?  nevermind - I just saw the pictures from sportsmanguide.  I guess we just bought them from Germant or whereever.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

[...]

It's waaayyy to weak to cycle the action, but it allows new recruits to "shoot" the rifle and get used to working the action, and pulling the trigger and "sight in" at something like 10 yards or so. It's a great way to start to already teach sight picture, trigger pull, etc - without giving all the 18-year old draftees live ammo.

Exactly. I remember firing them in early basic training. But we had special rifles and pistols for shooting plastic training rounds and they would cycle just fine.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i don't see why not. they hit pretty hard and i'd think harder than a bb gun.

report is about 3/4 of a regular 9mm round

did you ever establish if they're for shooting people?  could you ever talk someone into taking a full power shot with that?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

did you ever establish if they're for shooting people?  could you ever talk someone into taking a full power shot with that?

I see another Box O' Truth in the making!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see another Box O' Truth in the making!

I think that is a good idea.
Somebody got some of this, want to PM Old_Painless, convince him to give it the BOT?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#16]
bullet  weight is 3.4 grains or something like that? probably painful but not lethal to a person
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#17]
If I go through life and never get shot by anything that may penetrate my skin I will consider it a good life. But if I do get shot by something it will not be by choice.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ahhh. I should have known they belonged to you. They were only about 3 feet from the plates.

SNAP!!!  

Damn, those things are cheap!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[...]

It's waaayyy to weak to cycle the action, but it allows new recruits to "shoot" the rifle and get used to working the action, and pulling the trigger and "sight in" at something like 10 yards or so. It's a great way to start to already teach sight picture, trigger pull, etc - without giving all the 18-year old draftees live ammo.

Exactly. I remember firing them in early basic training. But we had special rifles and pistols for shooting plastic training rounds and they would cycle just fine.

There's a special bolt carrier for the AR15/M16 to adapt it to use similar rounds.  The replacement B/C acts as both the bolt and the carrier, so the weapon becomes just straight blow-back, rather than a gas-operated rotating bolt.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Spent Simunition?

Sim FX and CQT cartridges are cut down 9mm brass cases with plastic sabots.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got 500 of those delivered two days ago.

They're Nato practice rounds, here's a link to the Sportsman's Guide page.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=235125

They have a small amount of powder in them, and are fairly loud.  Apparently they'll through & through an aluminum soda can, and I'd guess puncture bare skin.  Not for goofin' around.  Might be good for pest control inside of 20 yards of so.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I just got 500 of those delivered two days ago.

They're Nato practice rounds, here's a link to the Sportsman's Guide page.

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=235125

They have a small amount of powder in them, and are fairly loud.  Apparently they'll through & through an aluminum soda can, and I'd guess puncture bare skin.  Not for goofin' around.  Might be good for pest control inside of 20 yards of so.

definately needs a BOT.  what kind of wound will it cause through BDU's?  it would hurt like hell, but i bet you could fuck around with these wearing the same kinda gear you would play paintball with

DAMN! they are dirt cheap too!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#24]
what did it do that makes you so leery?  it's a 3.5gr bullet being fired by much less than a standard charge.

i'd like to see a chrono on it and maybe some BOT tests.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got some of the German 7.62mm plastic rounds. They are absolutely deadly to a brick at 10yds. Best to shoot them in the FR-8. The plastic cases tend to stick in my M-14.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top