Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2005 8:02:14 PM EDT

1) Would you be able to gouge someone's eyes out if they were trying to rape or kill you? How do you know? i.e. What evidence do you have for your own capacity for violence? Be specific.

This should be a lot of fun. I wish I knew where my copy of On Killing is.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:03:40 PM EDT
[#1]
is that a GED question?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
haha they left it WAY WAY open ended.  I would gouge an eye but I wouldn't stop there ;) incompasitate or kill with all means necessary granted you had the time.  If not give mortal wound and get the hell out of dodge [

does this icon work yet?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell them that you know you could, for a fact, but cannot speak further on the subject because your lawyer told you not to.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

1) Would you be able to gouge someone's eyes out if they were trying to rape or kill you? How do you know? i.e. What evidence do you have for your own capacity for violence? Be specific.

This should be a lot of fun. I wish I knew where my copy of On Killing is.

Hand in a Q target with the head shot out.......
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like some hippie liberal BS class
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
a) Yes.  230 grains per socket.

b) Because .45 is better than 9mm.  Duh!

c) One time in a diner this kid dropped a spoon and I totally flipped out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:12:54 PM EDT
[#7]
First go to a gun show to research this, either the literature section (Magic Black Death Touch Book, Survival Fighting, How to be a Ninja, etc) or via interviews with the very active special ops community.

Start your paper off
"Well this one back in 'Nam..."
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

"On the advice of my counsel I am exercising my 5th Amendment right to not answer that question."

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#9]
wtf kind of question is that?  i wouldn't answer it, not truthfully anyway.  no one needs to know about how capable of violence i am but me, imho.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
The "correct" answer is probably something like:

No, I do not believe I could bring my self to injure another person
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Talk about a case of self incrimination.

How I would answer:

Yes, I could and would not only gouge out an eye of someone intent on commiting rape or bodily harm (either to myself or another) but I would also cut off the testicles of said person and stuff them in the newly vacant eye sockets.  

As for how I know I have the fortitude and capacity to commit such violence, I can only submit as evidence two things.  One, I have previously set certain absolute values which I live by.  One such value is that a person intent on killing me has lost all his or her worth as a human being, and has become nothing more than vermin to be disposed of.  Secondly, as many of my friends can attest, I was always the one who could and would shoot the family dog when it got too old or enjoy a day of killing rodents.  When something needs to be killed, I do it.

And of course, the next thing you know your "paper" has been forwarded to the FBI, PETA, and the local PD.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"On the advice of my counsel I am exercising my 5th Amendment right to not answer that question."

+1. If you answer truthfully, the libtards can then claim you are a violent person and use your own answers against you, if you say you wouldn't be able to do it then you can just hand them your nuts at the same time. Bullshit question....in "grad school"....thems people's geniuseses.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
gouge an eye or two, pop the eardrums, crush th ethroat, separate the ribs from breastbone.....

there are lots of things I am capable of, could do, and am willing to do to protect the sanctity of my asshole.......
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:31:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1. If you answer truthfully, the libtards can then claim you are a violent person and use your own answers against you, if you say you wouldn't be able to do it then you can just hand them your nuts at the same time. Bullshit question....in "grad school"....thems people's geniuseses.

Oh, she's not getting an answer to the last part.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Reply:

Of course, that is a survival instinct.  A more telling question is, "Could you kill someone in defense of another, especially a complete stranger?"
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#16]
"I'd just gouge until I could reach for my CCW, and only use that until I could get to a long gun. How do I k now? I had to do it to the last professor who gave me such a dumb fucking question and got pissed when I didn't answer it to their liking."

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable telling someone what my proof of acting violent is.. sounds terribly baited.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:37:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Talk about a case of self incrimination.

How I would answer:

Yes, I could and would not only gouge out an eye of someone intent on commiting rape or bodily harm (either to myself or another) but I would also cut off the testicles of said person and stuff them in the newly vacant eye sockets.  

As for how I know I have the fortitude and capacity to commit such violence, I can only submit as evidence two things.  One, I have previously set certain absolute values which I live by.  One such value is that a person intent on killing me has lost all his or her worth as a human being, and has become nothing more than vermin to be disposed of.  Secondly, as many of my friends can attest, I was always the one who could and would shoot the family dog when it got too old or enjoy a day of killing rodents.  When something needs to be killed, I do it.

And of course, the next thing you know your "paper" has been forwarded to the FBI, PETA, and the local PD.

Please memorize and use this answer.....post your test score afterwards
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Obviously they want to know if you consider yourself a violent person and what you are thinking by giving you a situation.

Answering the question in the most violent excessive "Im gunna have the best responce out of anyone here cause I have a very vivid imagination" is not only stupid but also very stupid.

Keep it simple....To be specific I would defend myself against an attack where applicable.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, she's not getting an answer to the last part.

Your answers as well as the answers from the entire class will most likely end up in some slanted, flawed and worthless "research" study she'll write about how violent tendencies are correlated with lower grades (which she'll give everyone who seems too violent-prone for her liberal sensibilities) as well as how males probably give more thought to conducting violence than women.

No doubt about it - she's using your answers to prop up her own preconceived leftist/pacifist/hippie ideas and will likely use your answers against you one way or another.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top