Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 9:49:54 AM EDT
I was bored, but it's a sign of times to come.

From Cincinnati, Ohio.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/race911/PICT0932.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/race911/PICT0933.jpg

They're starting to prioritize the spanish language!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Same in Columbus area.
Fuck this Bullshit!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Ésa es una pila tan enorme de cocer al vapor mierda del toro

ETA  I used teh same translator to traslate the spanish back to english and got:
That one is a so enormous battery to cook to the steam excrement of the bull
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#3]
why the fuck do you eat that crap
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you ever notice that pest control products like roach spray always have half the can in english and the entire other half in spanish.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Great.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, they are just trying to let you know where you stand, that's all.

Back of the line for you.......
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
why the fuck do you eat that crap hr

My premium uber chicken deluxe club with extra bacon was quite good, thank you very much.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:12:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
why the fuck do you eat that crap

My premium uber chicken deluxe club with extra bacon was quite good, thank you very much.  

did it taste of cilantro?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Lucky for you, over here we only get the spanish bags
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Now I want some Tacos. Damn you!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:20:06 AM EDT
[#13]
The kayak looks like it's created with words from many different languages.  I think I see French and German wording.

If it bothers you that much, stop buying McDonald's crap.  Then write them a nice letter, and tell them why.

We live in the USA, tell them to print the damn crap in English!  

I stopped buying their crap a long time ago.

The only thing that McDonald's is good for is if I have constipation.  A Big Mac is guaranteed to clean me out within 45 minutes.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Ever notice how Menu Selections at Mexican Food restaurants are in English?

wierd
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#15]
My sister's Pontiac has the air bag warning half in English, half in French.  WTF? I can understand that Canadians buy these vehicles, but is GM so cheap they can't make two separate labels?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#16]
You're likely not part of the McDonald's target market... They've been repositioning themselves to appeal to a majority of minorities for years, and white people are still part of it, just at a reduced rate.

Like it or not, whites will be the minority in not too long.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You're likely not part of the McDonald's target market... They've been repositioning themselves to appeal to a majority of minorities for years, and white people are still part of it, just at a reduced rate.

Like it or not, whites will be the minority in not too long.

Listen or watch their commercials sometime...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Not around here, unless is it a Taco Bell.  

Shit, I went into a place to get some food a few weeks ago and the  frickin girl taking my order couldn't speak english and I couldn't read the mexican on their menu, in the middle of trying to order I just got up and left.  I didn't want to eat at the place anyway, but no english at all pissed me off even more.  The people I went there with were mad at me for leaving because they said I should have been more excepting... last was time I will go out with them...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit, I went into a place to get some food a few weeks ago and the  frickin girl taking my order couldn't speak english and I couldn't read the mexican on their menu, in the middle of trying to order I just got up and left.  I didn't want to eat at the place anyway, but no english at all pissed me off even more.  The people I went there with were mad at me for leaving because they said I should have been more excepting... last was time I will go out with them...

lemme get this straight, you went to a mexican resto and got pissed because the menu was in spanish and you don't speak mexican...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

<Snip> Like it or not, whites will be the minority in not too long.

True, but we'll be the single biggest minority, with no other single ethnic group comprising a majority.  In other words, "Non-white" will be the majority, but "non-white" means black, hispanic, oriental, various types and nationalities of muslims, etc.  No matter what leftists think, all those "non-whites" do not now and will not be voting as a block.  What will this mean politically, economically, etc.?  How will public education fare?  Public safety?  So-called "social services"?  Well, I guess we'll see, now won't we?

It'll be interesting to see what Congress looks like in 30 years.  If there IS a Congress in 30 years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No matter what leftists think, all those "non-whites" do not now and will not be voting as a block.  What will this mean politically, economically, etc.?  How will public education fare?  Public safety?  So-called "social services"?  Well, I guess we'll see, now won't we?

It'll be interesting to see what Congress looks like in 30 years.  If there IS a Congress in 30 years.

Good point. Where would we be now if White Europeans werent the founding fathers?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
lemme get this straight, you went to a mexican resto and got pissed because the menu was in spanish and you don't speak mexican...

Do you go to eat at a Chinese food place and assume that you are going to have to speak and read Chinese?  

I assume English should be spoken at a business in an area where the majority of people speak English.  In general, I think just English should be spoken.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No matter what leftists think, all those "non-whites" do not now and will not be voting as a block.  What will this mean politically, economically, etc.?  How will public education fare?  Public safety?  So-called "social services"?  Well, I guess we'll see, now won't we?

Good point. Where would we be now if White Europeans werent the founding fathers?

Hmmm...I'm looking at my map and there's a place called "Shit Creek" on there...
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you go to eat at a Chinese food place and assume that you are going to have to speak and read Chinese?  

I assume English should be spoken at a business in an area where the majority of people speak English.  In general, I think just English should be spoken.

ummm, yes if i want the real deal. Or i'll head over to pick up stix or whatever for something that resembles nothing like chinese  food. The cook making your burger probably doesn't speak english, get over it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Most of the product labels and instructions are trilingual (English, Spanish, French) because of the "free trade" of goods over the three borders.  One product to produce for all markets.

As for anything else it just pisses me the fuck off.  It's one thing to speak or read another language besides English, it's another when you HAVE publish or speak something other than English because if you don't, no one understands.

A nation that cannot communicate with a common language is going to eventually be fucked.  This is even more ironic when you figure that most of the rest of the world considers English to be the language of business and their people make a good effort to learn it.

At the rate were going the REST of the world will be speaking English as as second language, as will we be here.  

PS:

I noticed the "Mexican" sign in that food aisle at the market got changed to "Hispanic" (don't know when it happened, just noticed the other day).
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#26]
that's okay, i don't spend my money on disgusting shit like fast food anyways.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I go to a hispanic establishment and they are all speaking real good english and there are NO Spanish signs or menus it usually meant the food sucks. I do expect them to speak some english however. I live in a state that was setlled by the spanish over 500yrs ago and has been owned by Spanish speaking people for most of it, I dont let it bother me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If I go to a hispanic establishment and they are all speaking real good english and there are NO Spanish signs or menus it usually meant the food sucks. I do expect them to speak some english however. I live in a state that was setlled by the spanish over 500yrs ago and has been owned by Spanish speaking people for most of it, I dont let it bother me.

I understand speaking spanish to be "authentic" to some places, but like you said, there needs to be some English.  NO English = NO money from me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
ummm, yes if i want the real deal. Or i'll head over to pick up stix or whatever for something that resembles nothing like chinese  food. The cook making your burger probably doesn't speak english, get over it.

I don't give a damn what the cook speaks, I am not trying to order my food from him.  My point is that like I said above, there needs to be some English.  Oh and sorry if I don't want to learn to speak every language of every food type I want to eat just because I want the "real deal" as you put it.  I didn't want the "real deal" so to speak of that day, we just wanted food not a culture trip
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Can someone print up some cards with, "No guns = no $$"  on one side, and "No habla english = no $$" on the other side.  Depending on where your at, you just flip it over.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#32]
That's not that big of a deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top