Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 10:18:54 PM EST
I am actually genuinely excited about learning how to use HTML and more imporant, CSS, to make websites. I just made those two pages 3 days ago and I hope to progress... Anywho... I'm sure this thread will drop fast so as not to take up a lot of your precious front page space lol.

S76 - Summer of '76 Webpage
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:26:51 PM EST
DITCH THE MUSIC

sounds on webpages went out of style in the late 90s
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:29:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By FanoftheBlackRifle:
DITCH THE MUSIC

sounds on webpages went out of style in the late 90s

+1

Music always bothers me. If the volume on my sys is too high, then I get a rude awakening.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:30:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 10:32:13 PM EST by GrH_Revelation]
LoL... okay... will do. Your just lucky I didn't pop in some Lee Greenwood "GOD BLESS THE USAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Also, the Summer of '76 Forums, for which I originally created the website so as to attract Yahoo! crawlers to get people to then go to my forums, is a bust. I will continue to post there, but I do it alone, seeing as I am the only member... LOL!!

---------
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:35:06 PM EST
I didn't even notice the music as I always have the sound set to 0 unless told other wise.

Nice job some small pet peeves

The words over the flag 1 are over the flag and 2 are hard to read, if you're going to put words over an image make it easy to read other wise put them near the image.

Now I also understand that putting the text over the image demonstrates a certain html skill
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:37:57 PM EST
Yea, I did that in Adobe PS and I was told by my uncle, who is a digital photographer that does weddings, that if I use the "dodge" tool... the letters will be easier to read by lightening the layer beneath my text. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:54:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2004 10:54:28 PM EST by GrH_Revelation]
Also.. if you want to make me feel better about myself... join my forum, it takes like two secs. to become a member... and say something.. like "Please, Administrator, don't kill yourself because you are a worthless forum founder." or, if you desire, you could post ,"Go ahead... do it... do it.. do it..", but then I would sue your ass like those people sued Judas Priest... I would win, though... and then I wouldn't need to kill myself because I WOULD BE FRIGGIN' RICH .... and I would have MIDGETS for servants... So rich that even my midget servants would have midgets. I would have siamese butlers and all kinda weird shit... well, anywho.. Semper Fi.. carry on.

S76 - Summer of '76 Forums
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:09:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By GrH_Revelation:
Also.. if you want to make me feel better about myself... join my forum, it takes like two secs. to become a member... and say something.. like "Please, Administrator, don't kill yourself because you are a worthless forum founder." or, if you desire, you could post ,"Go ahead... do it... do it.. do it..", but then I would sue your ass like those people sued Judas Priest... I would win, though... and then I wouldn't need to kill myself because I WOULD BE FRIGGIN' RICH .... and I would have MIDGETS for servants... So rich that even my midget servants would have midgets. I would have siamese butlers and all kinda weird shit... well, anywho.. Semper Fi.. carry on.

S76 - Summer of '76 Forums

Done deal, dude. You're welcome.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:20:07 PM EST
Why thank you... Now, I can post things and maybe someone will actually read them!
Top Top