Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 1:04:11 PM EDT
I got me a pre-ban just to put this sucker on...after some work I did it!
Also got the ultimak scout rail on it and the tdi grip and foreend.
The foreend also required fitting to work with the scout rail.... pics explain...

Stock connection to AK

Stock right

Stock left

Connection side

Front

Front Other  Side

Close up of mods

Extended

Collapsed
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow...nice.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it fold or colapse?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
That looks really good. Did you have to cut off the rear tang? The last three pics don't show so it's hard to tell. Thanks,

Schulze
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
the stock is a regular ace socom collapsable stock.  It is AMAZING  (I'm thinking of getting one for AR now!).  It collapses in 6 dif positions, i beleive.

The rear tang is INSIDE the "Buffer tube" / lower receiver extension.

It works quite well and I think the main advantage here is not the collapsing part, but the stock is MUCH more, if not completely, in-line with the bore.

And of course, since its an ace, that cheekpad makes for a great weld, plus I now have ar-like sling options.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]

I put a collapsable stock on mine

I like the looks of your stock chapperjoe

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The ultimak was 80 i think, the tdi foreend was 50, and I got the tdi grips (fwd and rear) for 30 each.  All from blackjackbuffers ........  The biggest improvements here are A. the scout rail.  I have an aimpoint for that with an ultra low mount for cowitness. and B. The rear grip.  Not only is it G27-ish, but the angle is actually different.  It's much more FAL than AR or AK.  I also picked up one of his safety levers that has a notch for the bolt and a finger tab for one-handed operation.
The adaptor for the AR stocks is like 20 bucks I think and the stock is new at 180

Altogether, the rifle was 800 (pre-ban and unfired as far as I can tell since '89) it's a 56S.  And the add-ons wereabout 400 bucks.  BUT the work was a little tiring.  Lots of grinding with my drill and some interesting sanding bits.  Plus, blackjackbuffers are not the friendliest mercahnts out there, in my personal experience.  I won't be dealing with them again.  They were not late on shipments or anything, just really really 'curt' for lack of a better word.  Like if I asked them to confirm that a certain part fit, they replied "it should" and when further prodded, they got downright snippy.  many times.

BUT lowammo is top notch and brightflashlights is now a tdi dealer, so all is well.

I also have a streamlight TL3 in a TDI mount for the AK....  Requires a shim and takes three 123's, but it puts out a few more lumens than a G2 or 6P.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:04:40 PM EDT
[#8]
some direct quotes:
It all started after a couple of emails I send out MO and I get this:

I got your money order today, what was it you wanted?

Then me:

hahahahaha - the G27-ish grip for AK (finger grooves, etc.) and the SWIFT lever with BHO notch.

(was that so out of line?)
I get this reply:

hahahaha your self...there is no such thing as the G27 grip......Would that possibly be the AG47 grip for a stamped AK?

Okay, so maybe he's joking with me.  a little laugh at his own expense.
So I clarify:

I said "G27-ish" but yeah, the AG47 it is.

then i get this:

I offer an AG-47 pistol grip and an AVG ergonomic forward grip, which were you interested in?

WHAT PLANET IS THIS GUY ON!!!!!!!!
He needs to go to the brightflashlights/jtac/gandr school of customer service.
The whole time he's treating me like he's doing me a favor.
[buzzer] ehhhhhhh! [buzzer]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm definitely thinking of putting this on the EE.  Just thinking for now.
It's an unfired chinese 56S under all that tactical crap, so she ain't cheap.
Plus, non-banned folks can build this out of a WASR.
For those two reasons, I don't think it'll sell at an acceptable price.  
But I won't be shooting it for a while, just got me an AK103 to do my shooting with!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#11]
No flame intended but Why do you guys do those things to a perfectly good AK?
& Too a Pre-Ban No less!!
They look like Uday & Kusai got their hands on them!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#13]

They look like Uday & Kusai got their hands on them!

TELL me you didn't want that gold plated Mp5!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top