Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 6:47:47 PM EDT
Are there cheap houses in New orleans still after Katrina.  I was thinking of moving out there if its safe, meaning the undesirable elements have been removed or killed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Are there jobs?   That you can do?

Are there basic services?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
No one has any opinion on moving out to new orleans?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard they want to give some nice tax credits, dont see how far it will go though
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Im a Chemical engineer and I have a offer in the area, but I also have offers elsewhere.  I live in Berkeley now, and am looking for a change of pace, but living next to Oakland has left me hesitant to live in a dangerous area again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
New Orleans is not nearly as dangerous as it was before. I'll be moving back next month after 11 years away. Housing cost on the North Shore has skyrocketed since the hurricane. I've been told that St.Tammany has grown in population by 80,000 in the past 4 months. Traffic is horrible in Mandeville and Covington.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If you think that you will find a cheap house in the areas that didn't flood think again.  Houses and apartments have sky rocketed, but if you look around you may find something reasonable.   Idrove through the city this evening and most areas that flooded are pretty much empty.  Its wierd, no one in the projects and not many people around in other areas.  However some areas are hopping with traffice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top