BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2010 4:29:56 AM EDT

The chart below is from The Generosity Index,
compiled by The Catalogue For Philanthropy. It is computed by taking
each state’s average income and average charitable contribution, then
subtracting the second rank from the first to get a single number for
each state. No surprise which states rank at the top of the list as the
most generous, and at the bottom as the least.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#1]
what more would you expect from those who expect the government to solve everything?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:33:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Chart reads like a guide of where not to live
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude, eating at Panera Bread, then having mochas at Starbucks while reading DU on your iPad and keeping up with the latest fashions from Banana Republic takes lots of money. There's just nothing left over for hungry children or the homeless.

Unless of course they are in another country, then we just break out the credit card because that's not actually spending money.

Not surprised by the list.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:38:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
what more would you expect from those who expect the government to solve everything?

enormous advances in the science of microwavable or instant food

the bugs bunny drop-o-water on a pellet that becomes a 5 course of fancy eating

i'm somewhat appalled such advances have not already been made
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I always like bringing that out when libs play the "heartless" card.  We give, it's just our own money, not yours.  Difficult distinction when you think the government has absolute power, I know, but bear with me.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:57:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Whats in it for me liberals
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Imagine if you broke this down by counties. I imagine it would be much more distinct.

For example, there are plenty of good people in California (and outside LA) keeping it above #50.

And Virginia, a relatively conservative state overall that should be higher on the list, is low on the list due to all the DC liberals residing there and in a couple cities like Roanoke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top