Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 12:00:41 PM EDT
Twice in the past year I have tried a food that I have never liked only to find that now I love it. First was sweet potatoes, I have never liked them although I would occasionally eat a few bites of them.  This past Christmas I tried them again and found I loved them and couldn't get enough.

Then, last night it was raw carrots. I hate carrots and always have, especially raw carrots.  Now I love them?

I don't know what causes this, but it's really weird to bite into something expecting to not like it at all and find that you love it.

Ever have this happen?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Twice in the past year I have tried a food that I have never liked only to find that now I love it. First was sweet potatoes, I have never liked them although I would occasionally eat a few bites of them.  This past Christmas I tried them again and found I loved them and couldn't get enough.

Then, last night it was raw carrots. I hate carrots and always have, especially raw carrots.  Now I love them?

I don't know what causes this, but it's really weird to bite into something expecting to not like it at all and find that you love it.

Ever have this happen?

I found Orange chicken at Panda express about 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was a kid I loved twinkies and now I don't think they are even food.

Some with speghetti O's.  I thought it was a real treat growing up (and we usually only had them for something special like a birthday).  Now I think it is vile....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
How old are you?  I found around after college that I did't like sugars anymore.  Wheat bread only, no gallons and gallons of Mt. Dew.  I actually get wheat bread because I like it, not because I'm trying to eat healthy.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Your tastes are always (slowly) changing.

This is especially apparent when viewing the change in taste from child to adult
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I hated onions, sweet potatoes and squash as a kid...love it now.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

How old are you?  I found around after college that I did't like sugars anymore.  Wheat bread only, no gallons and gallons of Mt. Dew.  I actually get wheat bread because I like it, not because I'm trying to eat healthy.

I'm 33.  I've learned to like other foods in the past but this isn't like that at all.  It's like one day I hated this stuff and now I can't get enough.  The carrot thing is really strange, I HATED them and now I can't get enough of their crisp, crunchy goodness.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to love tequila....now...not so much
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Or you could have SuperAIDS

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Can also be the sign of zinc deficiency, renal problems, and result from some drugs.  See Dysgeusia
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top