Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2001 3:21:34 AM EDT
Ok, I know there are more of you than meet the eye, I have E-mailed and talked to quite a few of you.

I challenge you Iowa members on here to buy one of the Limited Edition Rock River AR's

Ok forget the jokes and the whining, reach in your pockets, beg, borrow, or dig in the couch past the lint and condoms for spare change, or collect cans along the road as long as we still have an deposit bill and get enough together to order one to piss off Governer Villsack-O-shit.

I also offer to take anyone to my local gun club shooting who gets one and wants to go, I'm also a certified instructor will give free shooting lessons.

I also encourage all board members to challenge members of your state to buy as well.

Castle-arms has put together a great deal and we should show appreciation for it!!!

Later
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 3:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess you're the only one from IOWA.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:25:08 AM EDT
[#3]
IAJack,

I can ask around.  Maybe we can let you be an honorary Texan.[;D]

Aggie1
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Na I actually like it here

Besisdes, have you guys bought rifles or are you part of the whinning crowd?
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Already have three AR's but I plan to order a Rock River. It looks good and seems like the price is fair too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 5:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
belive me, i would LOVE to buy one, but i have 4 dollars to my name. How long will the RRA be avalible?? im hopfully getting a well paying job next month. i could probally afford one this summer. my goal is to get one to celebrate 4th of july with. this all brings up another question, but i will save that one for a topic.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Na I actually like it here

Besisdes, have you guys bought rifles or are you part of the whinning crowd?
View Quote

Looks like a lot of the Texans are buying.  I hope the rest follow through very soon.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I got mine.

Mattsd. Looks like you should have about a year to come up with the green.
Link Posted: 3/23/2001 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Good job, I hope a bunch show up at the TBRS

keep sounding off

BTT
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
btt
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#11]
And dont forget to do what you can to stop the anti gun bill SF 488
(You all got the NRA Legislative Alert right?)
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I received my "alert" today. What a bunch of $hit![:(!] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to the board, Iowaredneck![:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Same as on other thread we should get a shoot going?  [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
got my postcard tonigh, E-mailed my reps tonight

Also, there are some old and quite a few new Iowa members on here, Lets get together for an Iowa AR shoot sometime!

for those that I haven't met,don't be strangers feel free to E-mail.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Naw, I dont think it would work out.[;D] Just kidding; of course! Sounds like a good time, if it would ever warm/ dry up! [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Wish I could afford another AR, but it's not going to happen. As for the Iowa shoot, I have tried several times to put one together. As always most everyone is full of talk, but when it comes to doing it, nothing happens.
TAC
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Hadnt heard about the proposed law until I got the alert today. WHAT A CROCK !! sounds way too stupid to ever become law. ( maybe in my native Kali )
I am looking into the group purchase rifle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#19]
You're right TAC- probably a silly idea anyway. [:D] Milldude
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ok, I know there are more of you than meet the eye, I have E-mailed and talked to quite a few of you.

I challenge you Iowa members on here to buy one of the Limited Edition Rock River AR's

Ok forget the jokes and the whining, reach in your pockets, beg, borrow, or dig in the couch past the lint and condoms for spare change, or collect cans along the road as long as we still have an deposit bill and get enough together to order one to piss off Governer Villsack-O-shit.

I also offer to take anyone to my local gun club shooting who gets one and wants to go, I'm also a certified instructor will give free shooting lessons.

I also encourage all board members to challenge members of your state to buy as well.

Castle-arms has put together a great deal and we should show appreciation for it!!!

Later
View Quote

IAJack

Seems your fellow citizens forgot the purpose of your post!  [:)]

There is that financing option but the Group Purchase can't be open ended. Ends at end of April. After that the deal isn't around any you will find won't be the same & they will be (forgive my bias) a lot more = the normal retai. The rifle is a non standard config made for our group & the demand for it is due to our group. Our intention is not to destroy the mkt for a particular config, rather to do provide a service to AR15.com & it's members.

Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I am taking Grin up on his great financing offer and will be sending him my check tomorrow to get mine reserved. He really is "going all the way" to help us out. Where will this Iowa shoot be taking place?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Born & raised in IA, changed state residentcy in 98 to save some tax money. If IA had some kind of tax exempt status for the military I'd still be a IA resident.

Went and purchased a Limited Edition AR......
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I was born and raised in Iowa but escaped across the border to a free state. No state taxes here, concealed carry is legal, and we can own machine guns. All great reasons not to stay there.

I'd come back across the border for a shoot though. I propose the range at Van Meter IA right by Des Moines. Centrally located for all the members, unless we're all in the western part of the state, and has great facilities. 600 yard shoot and target pits. Can't ask for much more.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top