Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2002 7:36:28 AM EDT
Englewood is one of the WORST places to be at night in Chicago.  
Using the "N" word about who lives there is a understatement. [;)]
c-rock

http://chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-0202260209feb26.story?coll=chi%2Dnewslocal%2Dhed

Man kills wife, then turns gun on himself
Mother of four had court order
By Veronica Gonzalez and Rudolph Bush, Tribune staff reporters. Tribune staff reporter Mickey Ciokajlo contributed to this report
Published February 26, 2002

Despite fears that led her to take out a protective order against her husband and his subsequent conviction for stalking her, Antoinette LeShawn Johnson still believed she could make her marriage work and had even filled out an apartment application for the two of them Sunday.

But, according to police, Oscar Johnson's rage spilled over for a final time Monday morning when, with their four children sleeping upstairs, he strangled and shot his wife to death before turning the gun on himself. A Cook County medical examiner's office spokeswoman confirmed Shawn Johnson had been strangled and shot, but which caused her death was still under investigation.

Antoinette "Shawn" Johnson, 25, was shot in the head about 4:30 a.m., Monday, in the basement of her mother's home in the 6600 block of South Winchester Avenue, authorities said.

Neither police nor family members knew what time Oscar Johnson came to the house, but his arrival sparked quarreling between the two that turned violent, they said.

At 4:30 a.m., he called 911 saying his wife had shot herself, an Englewood District sergeant said. But dispatchers heard shouting in the background and then gunshots. When officers arrived, they found Shawn Johnson's body in the basement and Oscar Johnson, 30, in a nearby vacant lot with a bullet wound to his head. He had left a suicide note behind, but authorities would not disclose specifics. Oscar Johnson was rushed to Christ Hospital and Medical Center in Oak Lawn, but died at 8:05 a.m.

For months, Shawn Johnson had been trying to work things out with her husband, said her sister Angela Walton. She did it mainly for the sake of their three girls and one son, who ranged in age from 1 to 8 years old, Walton said.

"She was just trying to do the best she could for them," Walton said. "But one person can't make it work. They've got to do it together. She was trying to make it work for them."

The Johnsons' relationship began when she was a student at Harper High School. They had their first girl when she was in her late teens and were married 5 years ago. For some time, though, their marriage had been one of contradictions and, apparently, fear, with Shawn Johnson seeming to want protection from her husband while at the same time keeping him in her life.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree about your description of the type of people in that area.  My aunt took in a foster child whom she thought she could "save."  She's a typical optimistic head-up-her-ass liberal who thought there was good in all people.  Well anyway, this little shitbag got everything a lawyers daughter could ask for.  She was 13 and only brought home ghetto kids.  My aunt forbid her from bringing any guests into the building after things started dissappearing.  She even told the security man that no guests were allowed for Crystal anymore.  BIG BIG MISTAKE!  It seems that the black security man ended up getting friendly with Crystal and getting her pregnant.  My aunt took a trip with Crystal to NY to visit us to see if she could "reform" the little bitch.  She didn't find out about the pregnancy until the second trimester when one of Crystal's friend's moms called to condemn her for bringing Crystal to NY to get an abortion, WHICH SHE DID NOT.  Guess which agencies were involved next?  Since this whore was a part of the system, my aunt was in deep shit.  Crystal told the story to everyone to brag about her sophisticated NY journey to the worlds best abortionist, but decided last minute to just enjoy the trip.  Aunt ended up OK, but is no longer optimistic about Englewood children. Seems that an education was all that was needed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
just goes to prove the old "put a necklace on a pig and you get a damn pig with a necklace" addage.  i work in detroit, and as far as i'm concerned, those fuckers can wipe themselves out systematically for all i care.  i stopped caring a few years ago, i just sit back and laugh at all of the attempts at "reform" fuckers can't keep anyting nice.  just take a trip to the inner ciy and you'll see what i mean.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...i stopped caring a few years ago, i just sit back and laugh at all of the attempts at "reform" fuckers can't keep anyting nice.  just take a trip to the inner ciy and you'll see what i mean.
View Quote

Yep, I've been working downtown for 8 years now. Pisses me off, every spring, when Detroit begs for suburbanites to come in for the annual Clean Sweep. "I know we hate all you suburban crackers, but can you come in every spring and clean up after our nasty asses?" I have never seen a more f'd up, dirty, corrupt and disorganized place in my life. And don't get me started on the phlegm and urine coated sidewalks...
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
phlegm and urine,   you HAVE spent time in DMZtroit.   hehehe.  i work for a hospital downtown, so it's really reassuring to see where my tax dollars are going.  i see some of those a-holes more than i see my own mother, what cracks me up is when they start coming in on sunday afternoons in particular.... right after church.  that kills me, "i'm bored now, and i went to church so isa gonna drag my ass to the hospital with my 26 kids cause i'm bored."  i was assisting some asshole tonight in finding out where his fiancee was, HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL HER NAME.  there is nothing wrong with that city that can't be fixed by a nuclesar device.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top