Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/9/2006 1:03:13 PM EDT
FYI,

This site replaces lost certificates of awards.

citationexpress.com/

Supposedly, they check a DoD database of veterans to assure that fakers won't get their orders processed.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:57:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:33:30 AM EDT
Hmmm, I earned a Joint Meritorious Unit Award with a former unit, but PCS'd before they were awarded. I chased the paperwork from my new unit a bit and had the skids greased via my old unit but got deployed, again, and lost track. Wonder how I could get it now as a civie'.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:38:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cyclic240B:
Hmmm, I earned a Joint Meritorious Unit Award with a former unit, but PCS'd before they were awarded. I chased the paperwork from my new unit a bit and had the skids greased via my old unit but got deployed, again, and lost track. Wonder how I could get it now as a civie'.....

Contact the unit that was awarded the JMUA. Try to talk to someone in the S1. We usually know where that kind of thing is. It's usually framed and hung up somewhere like the CO's office, conference room, front entrance, hallway, etc... If they don't have it good luck. It's hard to track these things down. The Joint Command that issued it would have kept it on file but if the command has since disbanded it will be near impossible. Regular unit awards are issued by DA and a DA General Order is published to that effect, there is even an online archive (unit awards listed back to the beginning but DAGOs only back to 1995). I know of no such database for joint awards. Some of the JMUAs appear on the index for the database but I'm not sure if there is a DAGO that can be obtained. The listing for JMUAs also appears incomplete as my unit has none listed but C CO was awarded one not too long ago.

https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/active/TAGD/awards/Unit_Awards/unit_awards.htm

FWIW the page says that your unit appearing on the list is enough to get it listed on your records. If someone in my unit came to me and said they were in a unit that received an award and it wasn't listed in their record, I'd look it up on the list, verify they were assigned there for the period listed (through orders, NCOER or OER, or other means) and add it no problem. Unfortunately not all S1 folks are as competent or as willing to do the extra work researching as I am so YMMV. I also have no experience updating records for personnel who have left the service so you're on your own there Cyclic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:59:19 PM EDT
Way cool, I lost my stuff in a flood and would love to get it replaced.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:47:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:17:17 PM EDT
wonder if there is a link like that for Air Force?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:52:04 PM EDT
The American War Library. I will be ordering from them sometime in the future.

www.amervets.com/replacement/other.htm
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:24:36 PM EDT
Honestly, I dont see how the could check some DOD database for most things...THey have barely computerized records for active duty, and even those are inaccurate....

Top Top