Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 12:38:06 PM EDT
I got fired up from reading the earlier CETME thread and bought one at a gun show Sunday.  It is really good looking and the price was right.  The good news is even though the action is still stiff it gobbled up every combination of .308 components I threw together Sunday night.  The bad news is two fold:  It shoots a nice 2 to 2 1/2 five shot group 8" to the left at 100 yds.  From the bench I get two shot bursts quite regularly.

Elevation adjustments are easily made but how do I adjust for windage?  I realize it is just a MBR for hitting man sized targets but it will be a little dissapointing to have to hold to the right of my targets.

It seems after the first shot as I let off the trigger the hammer is disengaging from the disconnector, sliding off the face of the sear, and slamming back down on the then closed bolt.  I cleaned the surfaces and looked for an offending piece of crud but none was to be found.  I can duplicate what seems to be happening at the range by pulling the trigger on an empty chamber, holding it while I manually operate the bolt, and then slowly releasing the trigger. Click, click.  The hammer drops.  Any suggestions?

I called Century and ended up talking to a women who really  didn't seem to have any interest in what exactly was the problem.  She just took my name and number, said she had to verify something, and would contact me with a return authorization number.

Tell me guys, am I in for a long, ugly road?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The Century is kind of a piece.  It sounds like you did all the basics.  Do you have access to a real HK to compare?  Sounds like it may be a shitty spring or a component walking due to loose tolerances
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
from what I've been reading on the cetme forum, this is a well known issue with the front sight, and is a plain QA (or lack of it) fuckup.

check out the forum here:
http://www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=30
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine bought a POS CETME awhile back, had to return it. The one he got back was a little less of a POS. It shot 3rd 1" groups 5" to the left at 50yds. I made his rear sight windage adjustable by adapting a few AR15-A2 rear sight parts. It worked out quite well but now I here that the new CETME's are coming out with factory(?) windage adj. rear sights.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top