Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 1:53:32 PM EDT
Need to get a new phone and was thinking either the Nokia 6102 or the Motorola v557.

Howardforums.com and some of the other phone review sites have pretty good reviews of both. I'm leaning towards the Nokia.

Does anyone here have experience with either of these phones? This is for a Cingular orange plan.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:15:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the process of getting a new phone too.  I was told by two different sales people that the Nokia is the better on, but doesn't have bluetooth.

One salesperson said that the Nokia is the only phone that hasn't been returned for service.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I could live without Bluetooth. I'm not a headset person as I don't talk on the phone enough to justify one. I've always had good luck with Nokias so I think that's the route I'm going to go as long as I don't hear something heinous about that model.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:48:25 AM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I both have 6102's. So far we like them. My only complaint is that I can't hear very well out of them when there is ANY background noise. They are turned all the way up. I use the speaker phone when it gets bad.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the 6102 (Cingular) and think it is a great phone. My past phones would not get good reception at my apartment. Now with the 6102 I have full signal strenght. If you want bluetooth however, this is not the phone for you. Look instead at the 6230 also a very nice phone. Goodluck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top