Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:16:38 AM EDT
Who makes one and which service.

Fuck a bunch of uploading to a server (and paying for it), I want direct PC connection and download capability.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
bluetooth
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
bluetooth

Mine are kinda yellow....
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a USB data cable for my Sony Ericson z500a, what model phone you have?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck Bluetooth.

I have a Sanyo MM4700 with Sprint.
I just bought it, and the salesbitch told me that I could upload to a computer with it.
Today I find out that it can directly connect with a PRINTER to print pictures, but not to upload to a computer.

I don't want to pay for the Sprint service to upload photos to the Sprint server and I don't want to pay for email to email the pictures to myself.

I get a 15% military discount with Sprint, but I'll go elsewhere if I have to.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Razr's can connect and transfer to/from PCs with a mini-USB cable and the Motorola mobile Phone Tools software.  Cable's about $20 (or free if you already have one) and the software is available for free download.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
If it has an infrared output you can transfer it using the windows IR transmitter (I've done this several times with my Nokia and laptop).

If it has email capability you could attach the photos to email messages (only good if you don't have many photos you want to save).
If it has a removable memory card you could buy a reader (MMC, SD, etc)

How is it supposed to connect to the printer? The same interface should allow your computer to recognize it and pull the files across.

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If it has an infrared output you can transfer it using the windows IR transmitter (I've done this several times with my Nokia and laptop).

If it has email capability you could attach the photos to email messages (only good if you don't have many photos you want to save).

How is it supposed to connect to the printer? The same interface should allow your computer to recognize it and pull the files across.

For someone with a screen name of "observer" you sure don't "observe" very well.

I don't want infrared or bluetooth.
I fucking HATE wireless connections, I dumped my wireless keyboard and mouse and went back to USB cable.

I don't want to pay for email service to send pictures to me since I don't use cell phone email.

I does not have a removable memory card.

It connects to the printer via a USB connection.
When I plug it into the computer XP recognizes the cell phone as a camera and as a storage device.
HOWEVER, XP wants me to download drivers to support the devices and neither Sanyo or Sprint have drivers because the PHONE DOES NOT SUPPORT DIRECT COMPUTER CONNECTION.
Yes, it would be nice if Sanyo and/or Sprint had made the ability to connect to the computer to the cell phone a feature.

I have been in contact with both Sanyo and Sprint about this.

I can actually get into one folder in the cell phone, however, the file does not contain any pictures and both the Sanyo and Sprint reps were supprised that I could do that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I guess you're just shit out of luck then huh buddy?

It seemed to me the 'point' was that you wanted your damned pictures on your computer so I was trying to be helpful in suggesting ways that you might do that.

So I'm sorry you "Fucking HATE" wireless connections (ironic given that the phone itself is the ultimate wireless connection)

I'll kindly get out of your way so you can have fun with your phone.

-Observer
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I guess you're just shit out of luck then huh buddy?
-Observer

Yep!  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been looking for a USB cable for my LG.  

Don't feel like paying 8 cents per photo to mail them to my computer.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Razr's can connect and transfer to/from PCs with a mini-USB cable and the Motorola mobile Phone Tools software.  Cable's about $20 (or free if you already have one) and the software is available for free download.

Got a link.....for us lazy bastards?

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For someone with a screen name of "observer" you sure don't "observe" very well.

I don't want infrared or bluetooth.
I fucking HATE wireless connections, I dumped my wireless keyboard and mouse and went back to USB cable.

I don't want to pay for email service to send pictures to me since I don't use cell phone email.

I does not have a removable memory card.

It connects to the printer via a USB connection.
When I plug it into the computer XP recognizes the cell phone as a camera and as a storage device.
HOWEVER, XP wants me to download drivers to support the devices and neither Sanyo or Sprint have drivers because the PHONE DOES NOT SUPPORT DIRECT COMPUTER CONNECTION.
Yes, it would be nice if Sanyo and/or Sprint had made the ability to connect to the computer to the cell phone a feature.

I have been in contact with both Sanyo and Sprint about this.

I can actually get into one folder in the cell phone, however, the file does not contain any pictures and both the Sanyo and Sprint reps were supprised that I could do that.

I would suggest checking www.howardforums.com it is the arfcom of cell phones. Just because sprint and sanyo don't have drivers doesnt mean they aren't out there. Do a search there for your model of phone, you will learn more than you ever wanted to.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#13]
www.howardforums.com

Lots of advanced cell-phone geekery going on here.  Register there and ask, and someone will probably have an answer.  I got lots of helpful info there for some hacks on my Motorola E815.

Edit:  Beaten... doh!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:hat.

So I'm sorry you "Fucking HATE" wireless connections (ironic given that the phone itself is the ultimate wireless connection)

PWN3D!

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#15]
if it's like motorola you'll need their software to get the drivers for the direct pc connection.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:hat.

PWN3D!

+1

Fucking squids. . .
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#17]
if its a verizon version of the phone, it will be restricted from transferring objects-- you will need to get a crack for the phone, should one exist, so it will unlock some of the features, mainly obex.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the reminder. Got my USB cable ordered.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Who makes one and which service.

Fuck a bunch of uploading to a server (and paying for it), I want direct PC connection and download capability.

Try this for drivers
bongowireless.com/file_download.php

I used P2K Drivers for XP/ME/2000 for Motorola

Then use this
www.mobiledit.com/
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the great suggestions guys.

Yea yea yea, pwoned.  

I traded in the Sanyo MM-7500 for a Samsung A-900, it's a Motorolla Razor clone.
It has direct USB connection to the computer for downloading pictures.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Datapilot works for a lot of phones to transfer all sorts of stuff to and from your cell to your computer..http://datapilot.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top