Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 5:21:14 PM EDT
My GF wants a pink razr.  It would cost 499 to buy, because we are out of upgrade eligibility period.

We have verizon.  Anyway to buy a used one, and just make it work with ours?

What is "unlocked" razr?

cgi.ebay.com/PINK-MOTO-V3-RAZR-CELLPHONE-UNLOCKED-BRAND-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ5861901385QQcategoryZ64355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would check at howard forums

edit: unlocked means its not locked into one service (Verizon, Alltel, Sprint and so on)
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Tell your GF to get realistic. $499 for a cell phone that'll be out-of-style soon again? Find something else.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tell your GF to get realistic. $499 for a cell phone that'll be out-of-style soon again? Find something else.

Also, $499 is WAY to much. Ive seen it brand nwe (with no contract) for $199...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
that's why i'm asking if there are any deals, etc?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The only phones that will work with verizon are CDMA phones (usually have to be verizon). No phones on EGHEY will fit the bill unless they say verizon. Also, try calling the CS hotline and complain about the current phone and see what they can do.

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The only phones that will work with verizon are CDMA phones (usually have to be verizon). No phones on EGHEY will fit the bill unless they say verizon. Also, try calling the CS hotline and complain about the current phone and see what they can do.

Jeff

Ive seen some phones from Sprint work with Verizon.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#8]
You got to get the Verizon V3....
IM ME...and I will see what I can do...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Razr and it is an excellent phone.  No, it is not pink.

Cell phones sold by the service provider are "locked" to their chips.  This prevents you from just popping a chip in from another provider.  The phones that are sold "unlocked" will work with anyone's chip.  

The only problem is that the service provider also sets some baseline data in the phone so it can use their GPRS and other features without problems.  The unlocked phone doesn't know these settings so customer service can send you a chip refresh - that usually works.

I don't know, but if Verizon only uses CDMA then the chip (GSM) isn't the problem.  As far as I know Razr phones are GSM only.

G
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#10]
The V3 is GSM...
The V3c is CDMA
The V3i is GSM
The V3x is GSM

Quoted:
I have a Razr and it is an excellent phone.  No, it is not pink.

Cell phones sold by the service provider are "locked" to their chips.  This prevents you from just popping a chip in from another provider.  The phones that are sold "unlocked" will work with anyone's chip.  

The only problem is that the service provider also sets some baseline data in the phone so it can use their GPRS and other features without problems.  The unlocked phone doesn't know these settings so customer service can send you a chip refresh - that usually works.

I don't know, but if Verizon only uses CDMA then the chip (GSM) isn't the problem.  As far as I know Razr phones are GSM only.

G

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top