Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2011 1:20:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, that's a crappy deal.

From what I understand, no, you'll have to pay the ETF.  Shouldn't be too much though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That's messed up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, that's a crappy deal.

From what I understand, no, you'll have to pay the ETF.  Shouldn't be too much though.

The $205 they want is definitely less than it would cost me to get my attorney involved, it is just the principle of the matter makes me

Tell them to refund the January statement past the 15th.    Should save some of that.

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Make them produce a wet-ink contract proving it went through Jan 17.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, talk to a manager, threaten to call the FCC and BBB.  If you paid, they owe you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
What carrier?  

Sprint said my ETF would be pro-rated, also ATT said if I went with them they'd cover my ETF.

I didn't make the switch, but just throwing this out there.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I told the supervisor I spoke with today I'd like them to mail me a signed contract. She told me that it was company policy to not mail ANYTHING to "past customers" but that I could go into one of their retail locations and have one printed out. I'll be doing that tomorrow.

The past carrier was T Mobil. New carrier is AT&T.

You ought to be able to find policy on their website although your contract may not reflect current policy.

I hope you win.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#10]
They will win this one. Sorry. You agreed to it, your wife was mistaken on the date/got bad info, but if the contract was up on the 17th in writing, then you owe them early term fees.

Sucks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck. When I switched back to Verizon from AT&T, I was told there would be ETFs if I had the number transferred over a day early and would have to pay a full months bill if I didn't port it until a few days after my contract expired. I will never use AT&T for anything after being told that.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I claim bullshit. From T-Mobiles own early termination fee policy:

EARLY TERMINATION FEE WILL APPLY TO EACH LINE OF SERVICE IF YOU DO NOT MAINTAIN YOUR AGREED-UPON SERVICES THROUGH THE END OF YOUR TERM FOR THAT LINE OF SERVICE, OR IF WE TERMINATE YOUR SERVICE EARLY (see Section 18). THE EARLY TERMINATION FEE IS: $200 IF TERMINATION OCCURS WITH MORE THAN 180 DAYS REMAINING ON YOUR TERM; $100 IF TERMINATION OCCURS WITH 91 TO 180 DAYS REMAINING ON YOUR TERM; $50 IF TERMINATION OCCURS WITH 31 TO 91 DAYS REMAINING ON YOUR TERM; AND THE LESSER OF $50 OR YOUR MONTHLY RECURRING CHARGES (including any applicable taxes and fees) IF TERMINATION OCCURS IN THE LAST 30 DAYS OF YOUR TERM.
If you paid for the last month they CAN NOT charge you an early termination fee because you fulfilled your contract requirement.

Even if you didn't pay for the last 2 days, they could only charge you for those last 2 days of service.

http://www.t-mobile.com/Templates/Popup.aspx?PAsset=Ftr_Ftr_TermsAndConditions&print=true

Walk into a store with that printed policy with highlighted area, take it to the manager, tell him to pound sand.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Call your states AG office or consumer protection bureau. That will get their attention.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I told the supervisor I spoke with today I'd like them to mail me a signed contract. She told me that it was company policy to not mail ANYTHING to "past customers" but that I could go into one of their retail locations and have one printed out. I'll be doing that tomorrow.

The past carrier was T Mobil. New carrier is AT&T.

I just got of the phone with T-Mobile dealing with the same situation,kind of.I terminated my plan a month ago and asked them to send me a bill,of course they didn't,so I got stuck with a 250 dollar bill(late fees) to be rid of those fucks.I was told It would be 100+my last bill.I'm way happier with Verizon,Fuck T-Mobile.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What carrier?  

Sprint said my ETF would be pro-rated, also ATT said if I went with them they'd cover my ETF.

I didn't make the switch, but just throwing this out there.

Yeah, I think its $200 through 6 months, then decreases $10 or $20 a month afterwards. They should be charging $50-$80 for it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Call your states AG office or consumer protection bureau. That will get their attention.

Yup this... AGs office gets people in a company hoppin.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I had the same exact issue happen a few years back.  The first person I talked too said they couldn't remove it and I was responsible.  The second guy removed the charges.

I agree it is complete bullshit.  I was rather hot on the matter as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Btw, aren't Tmobile and ATT merging?  It looks like you may be stuck with the enemy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top