Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2002 1:01:02 PM EDT
Today is my 8th Wedding Anniversary with my wonderful wife!  I can't believe it's been 8 years already...although at times it seems like a lifetime since our wedding (in a good way)!

This last year has been tough on us (and our kids) for many reasons:
*Been out of work for a year now (VERY discouraging)
*My grandfather needlessly committed suicide a few weeks ago (the night before my birthday), and I was very close to him (named my son after him)
*My wife's grandmother has been in the hospital with a broken shoulder and wrist, and has been diagnosed with untreatable leukemia
*My mother broke BOTH her feet one week before my sister's wedding
*My mother-in-law has had a broken foot for 9 months (it took the doctors 6 months to diagnose it properly)
*My father-in-law's sister is dying of lung cancer, and is doing poorly
*My wife's gradfather died earlier this year
*Probably are going to sell our house soon to keep from going into debt (unless I get a job)

Sometimes I have felt like Job from the Bible.  BUT, God has blessed us and kept us healthy and from complete deprivation...and we know He will continue to sustain us.  The hard times sure make you appreciate the good times...especially those times that you wouldn't have necessarily labeled "good times" until you've been in tougher spots.

Just wanted to share this happy day with my AR15.COM "family"...I really enjoy being a part of this group.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats buddy,  just rolled past the 7 year mark here.   We'll be keeping you and yours in our prayers.  

Steven
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Seven happy years of marriage for me as of July 25.

Probably six or so for my wife, though! [:)]

Hope everything works out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
only gets better from here then, Tailgate !
happy Anniversary !!!!

mine is today as well! and our 8th too !

planned a quiet day today..

went out for an early dinner, shopped a little, and SuperTroopers on the DVD player later!
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Tailgate,
You don't happen to have a dog named lucky?

Just kidding...congratulations! I'm working on my 8th year also.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
mine is today as well! and our 8th too!
View Quote

Congrats to you too!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top