Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2009 12:36:56 PM EDT
Did anyone else hear this? There was a blurb (couldn't hear it all) but it was something along the lines that the unions were telling the gov to back off plans of taxing health care benefits and they had been exempt from those taxes in the new health care plan.

Nothing actually shocks me anymore it seems - but if this is true or goes through will THIS be the straw that breaks the wagon and gets people in the streets?

I'll try and find more info or a link if I can.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya know I was thinking about this the other day.  My entire staff is union, by contract we pay their health care coverage, I was telling other managers that this will not be considered employer provided health care like our health care package will be.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.

I am gonna need BP medicine after today.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
How is that going to stand up in court?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that really surprising considering Obama 'gave' the unions GM?

Nothing will stop this administration.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow! Thats a relief! Glad my union dues are finally paying off.

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#6]
If true, that's fucked up. What's even more fucked up is it doesn't suprize me in the least.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
They've been saying that for a few days. We've past ridiculous, folks. We're at ricockulous.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Move along . Nothing to see here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top