Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 7:35:56 AM EDT
• Fantastic Four Not bad! LOVED the characterization of Ben Grimm and Johnny Storm. First time he said "Flame on!" I had goosebumps. Well played by all except the characterization of Sue Storm... She was too young IMHO. She wasn't bad per se, just not who I'd have picked. Reese Witherspoon (also young but more the Sue Storm type) or Charlize Theron probably would have been better choices. But the rest were excellent. Some liberties were taken with the origin of Dr. Doom though. Grade: B-

• Mr. and Mrs. Smith Really good- probably my favorite of the rentals we did this week. Very fun movie, with some laugh-out-loud moments. I'm not a big Jolie fan but she was good in this movie. Lots of fun, lots of cartoony gunplay, and all in all, very good flick. Grade: A

• Sahara Liked it for the most part, but the characterization of Giordino I had problems with at first. McCounaghey (SP?) was excellent in the role of Dirk Pitt. I hope they continue the series with McConaahayyyy (SP)- he's a a very good Pitt. Grade: B- for Zahn as Giordino. Ack.

• Ocean's Twelve Decent, very stylistic, but the Julia Roberts thing SUCKED. Grade: C- for the Roberts thing as well as the total screw job on the "twist" ending (with movies like this you're supposed to put all the facts out there for people to see so that when you tie it all together, the audience says "OOOOHHHH!"). Other than that, it was a cool flick.

• Batman Begins Excellent! The Batman series is back on track! I really liked this movie despite the changes they made to the storyline and some characters. I do hope they don't forget that Batman isn't simply an Avenging Angel type- he's the Darknight Detective AND an Avenging Angel. Grade: A
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw Alexander last night.  Now, I had read everywhere that this was a really, really bad movie.  However, I'm big fan of history, and Alexander was by far the most interesting person of his era.  I thought to myself "how bad could it really be?".

And the answer is "really, really bad".  It doesn't even come close to being a "so bad it's good" or an "it had some redeeming elements" movie.  

Just bad.

Stay away.

Really.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
You do know that we now have a Movie forum right?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You do know that we now have a Movie forum right?

Sure do!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top