Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/30/2015 10:59:59 PM EDT
Bear with me here.  I am posting from an xbox 360.
Had to take my wife to the hospital.  Between getting things out of my car for the hospital stay and going out to have a smoke once in a while,  I kept noticing a tall bald guy on a bmx bike riding through checking out cars.  the last time i caught him checking out my car I asked him what he is up to,  and he took off.  i notified hospital staff and they requested i call the police.  tried the non emergency number twice and got voice mail.

So I called the main dispatch and the SO answered.  I gave him a run down on what was going on and he said ok,  and then he asked my name.  No big deal gave him my first name.  then he wanted my middle,  then my last,  then my address and birthdate.  withou giving him my full address and birth date I asked him what makes him think he needs with that info.  his responce was to repeat his request.  

I said fuck it.  gave him the rest of my info and said I think it is pretty lame that a caller has to be subject to a NCIC checkfor simply calling.  I explained I have never had to go through that bs before.  his response was that it is proceedure.   WTF!

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I
Quoted:
Had to take my wife to the hospital.  Between getting things out of my car for the hospital stay and going out to have a smoke once in a while,  I kept noticing a tall bald guy on a bmx bike riding through checking out cars.  the last time i caught him checking out my car I asked him what he is up to,  and he took off.  i notified hospital staff and they requested i call the police.  tried the non emergency number twice and got voice mail.

So I called the main dispatch and the SO answered.  I gave him a run down on what was going on and he said ok,  and then he asked my name.  No big deal gave him my first name.  then he wanted my middle,  then my last,  then my address and birthdate.  withou giving him my full address and birth date I asked him what makes him think he needs with that info.  his responce was to repeat his request.  

I said fuck it.  gave him the rest of my info and said I think it is pretty lame that a caller has to be subject to a NCIC checkfor simply calling.  I explained I have never had to go through that bs before.  his response was that it is proceedure.   WTF!

View Quote

The man and all. Never invite.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Hide your dog

And dibs
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
So, what ever became of the prowler?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't it legal to backshoot car thieves these daze?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck em.  

I have no dog.

I ain't skeered.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Just refuse next time. Your call will be less credible, but who cares?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Some people are unable to function if all the boxes are not filled out.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

...tried the non emergency number twice and got voice mail.

View Quote

"You have reached the Los Angeles Police Department.  If there are homeless people on your front lawn, press 1."

WTH movie was that?

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Dunno.  He took off.  Haven't seen or heard from any LE coming by the hospital either.  

Too much effort for these small town cops I guess.  

At home there would have been a half dozen looking for the shit bag.  And they wouldn't run a NCIC check when I call their dispatch either.   I have dealt with the police and so at home a good few times,  they are good people.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Reply it is your procedure to remain anonymous and thank him for his time. It was a dick move to just repeat his request.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#12]
He was just following orders..............

The brain dead always "follow orders"

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just refuse next time. Your call will be less credible, but who cares?
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Next time you get the run around, hang up.  Call back immediately and tell them "never mind, I just shot him myself."
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]
The girls at the er desk say he's been back 3 more times.  They said they called the police too.  They said an officer stopped by and says he can't find him.  

I gave the dumb asses his description to a t.  How can you miss a 6 foot plus,  shaven head,  baggy pants moron in a white shirt on a tiny bmx bike?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Dispatchers have a form to fill out. All they know is the form
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Are you wowpro's friend that has herpes.better get off his Xbox before we have to endure another thread of his..
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
I guess they do this because of prank calls, ambushes, and other nefarious reasons.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess they do this because of prank calls, ambushes, and other nefarious reasons.

View Quote

Good idea for lots of reasons ... if the call turns into Something the reporting party might be able to offer useful details and/or testimony later.

I fully expect to do the name/DOB/address/favorite color dance every time I call, not a big deal
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are you wowpro's friend that has herpes.better get off his Xbox before we have to endure another thread of his..
View Quote

Are you lonely without the pit?

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:02:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nobody cared about the prowler.  But they sure put that fucking RP in his place.

I'd have hung up.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, the DEA and the Border Patrol flounce an 18% interdiction rate on drugs.  Can you fail at your job 82% of the time and keep it?  What, you expected more?  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Where at in ND? IM me... I have nothing to do with LE but I'm curious.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nobody cared about the prowler.  But they sure put that fucking RP in his place.

I'd have hung up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have hung up.

Ooh!  I have my very own troll.

Eta:   Just busting your hump man.  .
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fuck em.  

I have no dog.

I ain't skeered.  
View Quote

Sometimes they will bring one with them just to shoot it on your front lawn.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:05:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Isn't it legal to backshoot car thieves these daze?
View Quote

Not in Texas under the right cercomstances.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:05:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not in ND at the moment.   I am with my wife in the hospital in Park Rapids Mn.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck em.  

I have no dog.

I ain't skeered.  

Lol.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Calling the cops for something like that is pointless.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe in a big city it is.  

It is a fairly big deal in a small town that doesn't usually see this type of thing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sooooo Ronrey

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It is a fairly big deal in a small town that doesn't usually see this type of thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean the "suspicious person" which really is code word for a black guy who doesn't belong around here...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You mean the "suspicious person" which really is code word for a black guy who doesn't belong around here...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say he was black?   You should show me that part where I said that.  Point it out.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I'm not in ND at the moment.   I am with my wife in the hospital in Park Rapids Mn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes more sense.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did I say he was black?   You should show me that part where I said that.  Point it out.  

View Quote

My post was satire as 90% of those calls are just that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:16:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Your response should be I would prefer to not volunteer that information on an open line. piss the wrong person off and all that information can be obtained through freedom of information act.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Off to calibrate my sarcasm meter.  

It's been a really long day.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have thrown a ' ' in.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Tell the front desk at the hospital that it is their responsibility to police their parking lot and not yours.

They should be the ones calling the law if THEIR property is being prowled.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#40]
If it appears you don't belong in our neck of the woods you will be confronted. There are very few folks who would need to call the sheriff in a situation such as this. A couple of very clear comments would be directed his way and if the said bike rider remained he might end up on a curb awaiting a deputy!

If you did call the sheriff and said there was someone who didn't belong in the area the dispatcher wouldn't have to ask for a description as we would just tell them they can get that themselves upon arrival!

You get caught in somebody else's truck around here your probably going to wish you made a different decision earlier!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:14:25 AM EDT
[#41]
lol, they're not running an NCIC check on you by asking for that information, they're trying to determine if they are going to tell the officers it is a "known" caller or not.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:19:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The girls at the er desk say he's been back 3 more times.  They said they called the police too.  They said an officer stopped by and says he can't find him.  

I gave the dumb asses his description to a t.  How can you miss a 6 foot plus,  shaven head,  baggy pants moron in a white shirt on a tiny bmx bike?
View Quote

Because there's no federal grant money for catching thieves. Gotta catch them dopers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:19:46 AM EDT
[#43]
My SHTF preps include a section of broomstick, or lacking that a nice tree limb specifically for shoving through the spokes of bicycle riders.

Get with the times, bro.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Tell the front desk at the hospital that it is their responsibility to police their parking lot and not yours.

They should be the ones calling the law if THEIR property is being prowled.
View Quote

Kinda hard to carry a parking lot on a bicycle. Where is a guy sell a stolen parking lot?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:56:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If it appears you don't belong in our neck of the woods you will be confronted. There are very few folks who would need to call the sheriff in a situation such as this. A couple of very clear comments would be directed his way and if the said bike rider remained he might end up on a curb awaiting a deputy!

If you did call the sheriff and said there was someone who didn't belong in the area the dispatcher wouldn't have to ask for a description as we would just tell them they can get that themselves upon arrival!

You get caught in somebody else's truck around here your probably going to wish you made a different decision earlier!

View Quote

Do you detain people looking in garages?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:01:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'd have hung up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have hung up.

Contact info is to verify the person's identity and so they can be contacted if the guy is caught later on. You know, since the cops are liars. That way an independent witness can be called to to testify as to him being at the scene.

Of course, you aren't really that dense so...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My SHTF preps include a section of broomstick, or lacking that a nice tree limb specifically for shoving through the spokes of bicycle riders.

Get with the times, bro.
View Quote

Did that once to a bicycle rider that would ride past our house and throw rocks at us. This was in the mid 70's and I was about 15.

Bike rider ended up with a serious case of road rash and learned not to throw rocks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:08:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Contact info is to verify the person's identity and so they can be contacted if the guy is caught later on. You know, since the cops are liars. That way an independent witness can be called to to testify as to him being at the scene.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have hung up.

Don't underestimate the man.....
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:13:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have hung up.

I have never in my life wandered into a message board found discussion of a profession I have no knowledge of and professed to know the merits of every action discussed.

That takes one hell of an ego.

The authority grudge must be unbearable.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:14:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have hung up.

serious question - why would they need more than his phone number and first name for that?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top