Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 7:34:52 PM EDT
Cats are freaks, episode #337:
Took in a neighborhood rambler kitty who was having a rough go. Big bastage with the craziest eyes you've ever seen. Kinda spooky, really.
Twice now I've been awakened by him gnawing on my thumb. WTF Dude?
Anyone else have tales of cat freakiness to share?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Love me those kitties, I've been involved in rescues and the trap/spay/neuter/release program for years now and I've got 4 of those very characters laying at my feet as I type this

I always thought this was a great quote when it comes to cats, it's from Babylon 5:

"Such creatures are an attempt by the universe to make sure that we never take ourselves too seriously" - Delenn

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a cat that when she is happy loses her mind.  Bites on furniture, gently bites thumb/hand.   She is a destructive little shit that may have pica.

But good cat and smart.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
That's just a "psst, wake up and feed me".
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#4]
My parents cat likes to carry socks around the house. She will deposit one on the floor and then scream at it. Cats are weird.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's just a "psst, wake up and feed me".
View Quote

You might've nailed it. He is an incredible chowhound.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Reincarnated male with a foot fetish.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
had a cat once that liked to carry my dirty underware,really funny when guests were visiting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Reincarnated male with a foot fetish.  
View Quote

Hope not. If I wake up to him chewing a toe, we're gonna have a relationship issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
One of our cats, the "Alpha (neutered) Male" 22 lb'er, likes to lay on top of my dirty jeans as soon as I take them off and throw them onto the laundry pile.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Those of you havent done it yet look up "cat paddling" or "cat spanking".

My one dumb ass loves it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine have their crazy moments, but they mostly do this:

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:03:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Love me those kitties, I've been involved in rescues and the trap/spay/neuter/release program for years now
View Quote

High five! What area/organization? my parents and I have been bringing our neighborhood strays to All About Animals in Warren for TNR for a couple years now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:05:43 AM EDT
[#13]
deranged freaks!!!  Some like to call them aholes.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw a cat this morning jump 5 feet onto a handrail, jump another 7 feet onto the roof of the FEMA trailer I'm in (no shit), then jump several feet to the I-beam holding the giant carport up. After this it slithered around this beam, 30 feet in the air, and went after the birds and birds' nests that are up there. It was moving across beams and going across the supporting struts like nothing.

I was impressed. Hope it stays around, those damn birds shit all over my truck.

Edit: Used to have a cat that the neighbors complained about. She would jump on their roof, wait, and then swat their heads when they came out the door for work in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:12:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Cats are freaks, episode #337:
Took in a neighborhood rambler kitty who was having a rough go. Big bastage with the craziest eyes you've ever seen. Kinda spooky, really.
Twice now I've been awakened by him gnawing on my thumb. WTF Dude?
Anyone else have tales of cat freakiness to share?
View Quote

Means he was weened off too early. Happens alot to strays. His way of saying you're family and he's content.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#16]

overconfidence -- what could possibly go wrong?

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:36:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Your lady? Cute with a great sense of humor.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:40:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Enjoy your rabies OP!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Cats are ninjas.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

High five! What area/organization? my parents and I have been bringing our neighborhood strays to All About Animals in Warren for TNR for a couple years now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love me those kitties, I've been involved in rescues and the trap/spay/neuter/release program for years now

You guys are awesome.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Any time I'm near my bathroom counter or the back of a sofa, my cat feels the need to use said flat surface as a platform from which to climb up on my shoulder where she likes to sit like a parrot or drape herself around my neck like a scarf. If she decides she wants up and I'm not near a convenient flat surface, she'll put her paws on my leg like a little dog begging to be picked up.

She's the most affectionate little cat I've ever met. Very snuggly, cuddly, and attention hungry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top