Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 2:39:58 PM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=5&u=/nm/20020514/od_nm/cat_dc_1[/url]

Cat Goes on Rampage, Evicts Owners
Tue May 14, 9:28 AM ET

DARTMOUTH, Nova Scotia (Reuters) - A Canadian family had to flee for safety after their pet Siamese cat went on a rampage, tearing at clothes and skin and driving them out of the house, police said on Monday.

The shaken group called police in the eastern port city of Dartmouth after taking refuge on their lawn on Sunday evening.

"Earlier in the afternoon, the cat had attacked the babysitter," police Sgt. Don Spicer told Reuters. "The residents went to check on the cat and, essentially, the cat went crazy on them as well.

"It attacked the father and ripped his pants as well as the flesh underneath," Spicer said.

It took police officers, armed with a blanket and a clothes hamper, 20 minutes to corner the cat. Spicer said Cocoa the cat was eventually secured in a pet carrier and handed over to the family who took it to the veterinarian.

It was not yet known what caused the cat's frenzy.

"We've been called to deal with a snake or various animals for one reason for another. But this is the first time that I can recall an actual cat going berserk," Spicer said.

Another police officer said Cocoa was "a Siamese cat with an attitude problem."

-----

thats one mad kitty cat!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Siamese cats can be tough customers. I've owned a few in my lifetime. I currenty own one that is 5 years old, weighs 19.5 lb and isn't fat. He is one tough, ornery dude. Duke of the neighborhood. My girlfriend and I were reading on the Arizona Game & Fish website about coyotes a couple of years back, and she came upon a warning about domestic cats and coyotes. It said that there's nothing a coyote likes better for a snack than a domestic cat. We laughed-a coyote eat Sammy? More like the other way around!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:19:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Siamese cats can be tough customers. I've owned a few in my lifetime. I currenty own one that is 5 years old, weighs 19.5 lb and isn't fat. He is one tough, ornery dude. Duke of the neighborhood. My girlfriend and I were reading on the Arizona Game & Fish website about coyotes a couple of years back, and she came upon a warning about domestic cats and coyotes. It said that there's nothing a coyote likes better for a snack than a domestic cat. We laughed-a coyote eat Sammy? More like the other way around!
View Quote

Maybe 4 years ago my folks lost their 20+lb white tabby, most likely to a coyote. I went out looking for the coyote, because I know there was no way he killed that cat without getting seriously marked up himself! Like your cat, he ruled the neighborhood...the neighbors have a sheltie that never stops barking and I always wanted to see the cat go over there and roll him up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If the owners where nnot willing to catch the cat themselfs they dont need a pet!

R35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top